Offensive Avatars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Robbynice name names or sharrrraaap! Trust you to have the first sticky.
If you only knew how expensive the O2 network was you might find an O2 avatar offensive.(The only redeeming thing about them is that they sponsor the Arsenal)
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg

Post by AreaStarr »

Eagle Winged wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:EW Get with the programme go to page 3 in the Sun to fulfil your sexual gratification!
Ol'boy, get with the programme and slap yourself goodnight instead of your woman!
EW I love your avatar by the way. :P :P
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg

Post by AreaStarr »

YeyeMan v2.1 wrote:Robbynice, you will probably need to define what you regard as offensive so we can continue from there. After all, some might deem the free advertising you're giving to O2 as objectionable. :|

BTW, any thoughts on the proposed avatar below..?

Yeyeman nice very nice indeed. :P I don't think that Robbynice would approve though. :lol:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

AreaStarr, so are you going to bring down your avatar or do you want me to do it for you?
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

AreaStarr and EW, I particular have no objections to your avators however for the interest of the general public, I will urge you to change it.

Thanks in anticipation of your cooperation.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Robbynice wrote:AreaStarr, so are you going to bring down your avatar or do you want me to do it for you?
I never thought AreaStarr's avatar was offensive until your comment. I had look at it as a work of art. But I can now reason with your view and believe AreaStarr needs to comply. AreaStarr remember you used to be God's Favourite please don't let the people of this world turn you to Devil's Favourite!
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

hmmmm.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Areastarr:
Na gun you dey play with so. You think you are bad, eh? Young man, you simply do not know!

Robbynice:
You guys have to exhibit a sense of fairness. If a site admin uses overtly graphic homosexual language all the time, then you have to address that too. As they say, what is good for the goose should be good for the gander too. Please start this thing of right so that we dont suffer from a repeat of the abuses on the other side.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Negros please, this is the internet - freedom of speech and expression. As long as no one is being insulted, all's fair game.

I find neither of the aforementioned avatars offensive in the least.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yemster:
You are wrong here. This site is accesisble to those 13 yrs of age and older.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:Yemster:
You are wrong here. This site is accesisble to those 13 yrs of age and older.
Even though quite a few of them act like 13 year olds, I doubt if any forumite is that young...and even if so how would the pix of a girl modelling an Arsenal jersey over a bikini bottom affect them negatively?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Yemster:
i don't have a problem with that so much. I do have a problem with AreaStarr;s avatar. If you had three incidences when you come this close to getting snuffed out by a gun, you would feel the same way!

Anyway, my beef is with Site Admin's using graphic homosexual language here!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:Yemster:
i don't have a problem with that so much. I do have a problem with AreaStarr;s avatar. If you had three incidences when you come this close to getting snuffed out by a gun, you would feel the same way!

Anyway, my beef is with Site Admin's using graphic homosexual language here!
Ditto for AreaStar's...

Yujam, your beef is personal...I understand and feel for you and what you went through but in truth, it shouldn't infringe on AreaStars rights. For all you know, just like Messer Roy Horn, I could have almost been mauled by a lion...should that preclude you from using that avatar of yours?...I think not.

You could politely ask AreaStar to be sensitive to your ordeal and change it out of courtsey but it should be his choice and shouldn't be made to if he doesn't wish to.

There should be freedom of speech and expression (within reason), and I think both avatar's are within reason.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster, I have said it before and will say it again. I do not have a problem with EW's avatar. Obviously you deemed it offensive that is why you think it is one of those avatars I have problems with.

Oh btw we all know this is the internet but we try keep the site very decent. Believe I have been on the information highway long enough to know that forums are different from forums and the way they are been perceived.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:theYemster, I have said it before and will say it again. I do not have a problem with EW's avatar. Obviously you deemed it offensive that is why you think it is one of those avatars I have problems with.

Oh btw we all know this is the internet but we try keep the site very decent. Believe I have been on the information highway long enough to know that forums are different from forums and the way they are been perceived.
Dude, peeps ain't no mind readers so either you come out with who you are referring to or else put up with it.

BTW, my response about AS and EWs avatars was directed at IAG, Rudeboy and Yujam...in no particular order.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster, I don't have to name names. I believe forumers are matured enough to make the right decisions. Besides I would rather send a PM to the forumers than mention their names. Btw for the record (since I have already made it known), AS's avatar is one of the ones I am talking about.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:theYemster, I don't have to name names. I believe forumers are matured enough to make the right decisions. Besides I would rather send a PM to the forumers than mention their names. Btw for the record (since I have already made it known), AS's avatar is one of the ones I am talking about.
In that case even though I am a Gunner, I find your avatar equally offensive. It sounds like '#$%' which is what people used to call me when I used to play football in secondary school. Please change it!...Thank you.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:Eagle Winged, I wasn't really talking about you but since you brought it up... :D On a more serious note, I really don't want to mention names but if you look around very well you will see what I am saying. I thank those that have complied so far but there is this particular person I am waiting for to do the right thing.

***Robby thinking to himself*** :idea: Maybe I should that person(s) a PM.
Like Yemster said, offensive depends on who's defining it. In that light I find ya one-liner responses offensive; they are devoid of any logic and brings into question ya ability to think independently. No wonder u don reach 100 posts on a spanking new site that is barely 3 days old. :D :D
...but with God all things are possible...
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:Eagle Winged, I wasn't really talking about you but since you brought it up... :D On a more serious note, I really don't want to mention names but if you look around very well you will see what I am saying. I thank those that have complied so far but there is this particular person I am waiting for to do the right thing.

***Robby thinking to himself*** :idea: Maybe I should that person(s) a PM.
Btw Robby, if that EW avatar depicts a scantilly cladded girl in a MAN-U jersey would that be offensive?
Listen to Larry: you can't win this.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:AreaStarr, so are you going to bring down your avatar or do you want me to do it for you?
I don't see any offense in that area starr avatar; are u talking about the gun Robby?
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:theYemster, I don't have to name names. I believe forumers are matured enough to make the right decisions. Besides I would rather send a PM to the forumers than mention their names. Btw for the record (since I have already made it known), AS's avatar is one of the ones I am talking about.
In that case even though I am a Gunner, I find your avatar equally offensive. It sounds like '#$%' which is what people used to call me when I used to play football in secondary school. Please change it!...Thank you.
Yemster: Now that's a classic :D :D Very funny indeed. So u be "#$% kolese" Anyways sha I am with u on this issue. This Robby's crusade must not be allowed. You cannot regulate this stuff. Inasmuch as Areasatarr has not said anything offensive, I don't see the offense in his avatar. Like I said, I found most of Robby's one-liner responses as odious and devoid of any thought whatsoever. Perhaps he could change that too, since it insults our collective intelligence. Robby please give it up and now!!
By the way Yemster, u fit hook me up on how to get an avatar 4 masef? Thanks in advance!
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

voodoo wrote:hmmmm.
Ol boy, abeg change that your avarter because Kobe is as guilty as hell. :D :D :D

Whats up tomorrow? Any plans?
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Whoever is worried about kids they see a lot worse on TV and on the internet.
I really don't see what the problem is with Areastar's avatar. Why not have a poll about his avatar to see what the rest of the CE's think?
I would probably think that more people would have a problem with EW's avatar than AS's.

Robbynice I also think that the way you came at AS with an ultimaitum was unfortunate. I think it would have been more constructive and productive if you had written up your objections to his avatar in a well thought out way. Your ultimaitum is I fear unfortunately counter productive.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!