Offensive Avatars

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

What about the F word in voodoo's avatar? Some people might find that offensive. :lol:
Last edited by Mzekezeke on Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
ofilis
Egg
Egg

Post by ofilis »

Mandoza wrote:What about the F word in voodoo's avatar? Some people mind find that offensive. :lol:
Please, leave Voodoo alone b4 he uses his juju on you :D :D :D
http://www.thetimesofnigeria.com

The Times of Nigeria.
Breaking the news as it happens!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

how is this soccer related?

Post by Robbynice »

Mandoza, AS is or should I say was not the only one that had an offensive avatar up. Some have complied with incident. I suggest AS and the rest of them do the same.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Mandoza wrote:What about the F word in voodoo's avatar? Some people mind find that offensive. :lol:
Instead of trying to be make me out to be a bad or a power crazy moderator(which btw I am not), you might want to take a chill pill. Maybe then you will realize that this thread was not opened to send a message to one forumer. It was opened so that those who have an offensive avatar can take it down.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:Mandoza, AS is or should I say was not the only one that had an offensive avatar up. Some have complied with incident. I suggest AS and the rest of them do the same.
So the issue is not that the avatars are offensive but that "You" find it offensive. Seems autocratic to me.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Robbynice wrote:
Instead of trying to be make me out to be a bad or a power crazy moderator(which btw I am not), you might want to take a chill pill. Maybe then you will realize that this thread was not opened to send a message to one forumer. It was opened so that those who have an offensive avatar can take it down.
Please Robbynice I certainly do not want to get in your bad books, I value my CE membership greatly. :D You are the most impartial and fair moderator on this site and you are Gods only other son. God bless Robbynice. :D
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Mandoza, AS is or should I say was not the only one that had an offensive avatar up. Some have complied with incident. I suggest AS and the rest of them do the same.
So the issue is not that the avatars are offensive but that "You" find it offensive. Seems autocratic to me.
Ol'boy please give me a break. I didn't even mention names but all of a sudden example of AS, EW just to mention a few started popping up. That right there shows that people find it offensive including those of you that are talking right now. :x :x :x

theYemster, have you thought to yourself why no one including yourself have brought up your avatar or say IAG's avatar? Have you thought to yourself why the emphasis is on avatar of forumers such as AS? Ol'boy you are a smart person as a result I am sure you know what I am talking about.
Last edited by Robbynice on Wed Dec 24, 2003 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Its not often that I agree with RobbyNice but AS's avatar is inappropriate especially when so many people die because of guns.
EW's avatar is also inappropriate as its almost ponographic(even though I am a gooner).
Gentlemen please do the right thing.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Makanaky wrote:Its not often that I agree with RobbyNice but AS's avatar is inappropriate especially when so many people die because of guns.
EW's avatar is also inappropriate as its almost ponographic(even though I am a gooner).
Gentlemen please do the right thing.
Why stop there?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
mystic

Post by mystic »

What if after defining offensive, you then ask Robby to define define?

Guys, we can go round in circles, but the bottom line is that there are rules that govern this board, and if those rules are abridged then corrective action needs to be taken.

Robby:

I trust that you have followed up on this notice by notifiying those who's avatars do not comply to forum rules. Everyone whom this notice applies to should please comply.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Thank you! And please warn Yemster about the use of derogratory terms! "Negroes" might be accepted in the US and by Hip hop lovers, but it is certainly not acceptable outside it! Some people use this "new" found freedom to act and say really silly things!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

RudeBoy wrote:Thank you! And please warn Yemster about the use of derogratory terms! "Negroes" might be accepted in the US and by Hip hop lovers, but it is certainly not acceptable outside it! Some people use this "new" found freedom to act and say really silly things!
The domino effect has started....Rudeboy, I certainly would not stop using the word whether you like it or not so no one should bother warning me cos I definitely won't heed the warning. Anyone that doesn't feel comfortable with it should please ignore my post.

Jeeze, what is this....communism? Why stop there, why not ask me not to breathe as well. :evil:

mystic, yes there are rules that govern the board...the problem is the interpretation of the said rules. What you find offensive isn't necessarily offensive. Opinion is relative.
Last edited by theYemster on Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Should I expect any different from you either? Hell no! The internet is even for you too!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

RudeBoy wrote:Should I expect any different from you either? Hell no! The internet is even for you too!
If you're that sensitive, go and read Harry Potter instead!.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Robby, in the first place, u have no right to talk about offensive avatars cos urs does not meet the standards of this site....i raised this issue yesterday but u brushed it aside ...See viewtopic.php?t=50
Now, u're coming here to yan opaks :P ....pls give us a break and unstick this damn thread! :P :!:
And by the way, Areastar, Robby is right here....nobody especially UBA members is allowed to use any avatar except that of the great magician....so pls comply. Thnx for ur cooperation.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Na wa for una oh. Na offensive avatar I talk say make una remove oh. Now people don dey talk of words wey other dey use. What next? Offensive names? :?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Robbynice wrote:Na wa for una oh. Na offensive avatar I talk say make una remove oh. Now people don dey talk of words wey other dey use. What next? Offensive names? :?
What did you expect?...you opened the door. Can't say I'm surprised...you give people an inch, they take a yard; give them a yard they take a mile.

How ironic is it that someone with an ID like "Rudeboy" is complaining about etiquette.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

theYemster wrote: How ironic is it that someone with an ID like "Rudeboy" is complaining about etiquette.
:D :D :D
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Na wa for una oh. Na offensive avatar I talk say make una remove oh. Now people don dey talk of words wey other dey use. What next? Offensive names? :?
What did you expect?...you opened the door. Can't say I'm surprised...you give people an inch, they take a yard; give them a yard they take a mile.

How ironic is it that someone with an ID like "Rudeboy" is complaining about etiquette.
Ol'boy na so man see am oh. :lol: Btw tY, I don reply your inquiry for "Problems and Ideas" forum.
shola4la
Egg
Egg

Post by shola4la »

Robby,
I hope say my avatar pass the test sha. Merry Xmas to you all.

Go GUNNERS !!!. 8)
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I need an avatar badly, Yemster where can i get one. It seems to be the in style thing for this forum.
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Undertaker wrote:I need an avatar badly, Yemster where can i get one. It seems to be the in style thing for this forum.
This is especially for you direct from Beantown. :wink:

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯