Father / Son footballers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lorenzo
Egg
Egg
Father / Son footballers

Post by lorenzo »

Could sport run in our genes or is it enforced onto the offsprings? The recent stories involving Clement Temile / Toto Tamuz and his other son made me think of other players who have had offspring that played the game. Curiously, most of the children never seem to attain the great heights that the fathers did.

Take a look at:

Pele / Edson Cholbi Nascimento

Johan Cryuff / Jordi Cryuff

Maradona / Diego Armando Jr

Do you know of any other father/son footballers and how they fared?
Abenwoha
Egg
Egg

Post by Abenwoha »

Abedi 'Naija Killer' Pele of Ghana.
Two of his sons has just been called into the French U17 and U19 NTs. If they turn out good before 21, Ghana will get them back just so they can cause nightmares to Naija 11, the way his daddy did.
God is a Black Star fan
Playa
Egg
Egg
Father and son Soccer players

Post by Playa »

What about Cyril Okosieme / Ndubuisi/ Nkiru Okosieme ?
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Achille Emana. His dad was a dangerous dribbler back in the days for the ILS.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

Awuley Quaye Senior (Captain Ghana to success during CAN 1978) and his son Awuley Quaye Junior, who currently features for Zamalek.
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
Altobelli
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Altobelli »

Brian and Nigel Clough.
Bonita Applebum, say you gotta put me on........
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Teslimi Balogun(Tunder Balogun)

Tunde Balogun-- Played for the Old Oyo state, 1973 and '75 sports festival.

Femi Balogun played for Ife at the Nuga games, 1980.
Last edited by Sir V on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Teslimi Balogun(Tunder Balogun)

Tunde Balogun-- Played for the Old Oyo state, 1973 and '75

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Yummy
Egg
Egg

Post by Yummy »

Frank Lampard & Dad

SWP & Ian Wright
flaming10
Egg
Egg

Post by flaming10 »

me and my son
T.E.A.M
Together Everyone Achieve More
Igbanibo
Egg
Egg

Post by Igbanibo »

Eidur Gudjohsson and his dad played on the same professional team at one time.
TonyStarks
Egg
Egg

Post by TonyStarks »

Abenwoha wrote:Abedi 'Naija Killer' Pele of Ghana.
Two of his sons has just been called into the French U17 and U19 NTs. If they turn out good before 21, Ghana will get them back just so they can cause nightmares to Naija 11, the way his daddy did.
Who are his children? Cause as far as I can tell none have been called up into the U17 or U19 team.
Killa Adjei
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Killa Adjei »

TonyStarks wrote:
Who are his children? Cause as far as I can tell none have been called up into the U17 or U19 team.
ABEDI`S SON STEPS INTO HIS BOOTS
…He joins Marseille’s senior side and French U20

By Kofi Owusu Aduonum | Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007

SLOWLY BUT surely, Andre ‘Dede’ Ayew, son of soccer maestro, Abedi Pele is untying the lace of his father.

The young soccer prospect’s exploits in the Olympic Marseille junior side has attracted the attention of the club’s senior side, and has been consequently been promoted to the first team.

Just turned 17, Andre is gradually stepping into the big boots of his father, Pele, an ex-player of the French Division One side Olympic Marseille where he chalked remarkable successes in the early ‘90’s.

Revealing this to the Chronicle Sports in his office at Pig Farm in Accra last week, Pele said: “This is good for a young player like Dede, he is just 17 years and has gained entry to the senior side.” “I have admonished him to embrace the challenge to fit into the first team.”

He stated that, “he was due for his first training with the team last week, and I felt in his voice when he called me to break the news that he was extremely excited, he added.

Not only has Andre been promoted to Marseille’s Senior side, he has been invited for the French U-20 team.

Abedi, the former Black Stars captain and currently the CEO of Nania FC, a Division One side revealed that he identified the traits of soccer in Andre at a very tender age and decided to give him the necessary encouragement.

“I have a big grassed compound in front of my house and I am sure that also contributed to his passion for the game.”

According to the soccer legend: “when he was growing up, you will hardly see Dede without a football, and you could easily predict where he was when he was not with me or her mum-on the grass.”

Born into a family of soccer stars as Kwame Ayew, Solar Ayew, Rahim Ayew, who is a key performer of Nania FC, the future appears bright for the young soccer star.

Abedi indicated that he is sure his boy has what it takes to probably go beyond where he reached in his career as a footballer.

“Dede is a determined and discipline player, I see a lot of potential in him, and if he continues the way he has started, he will go far,” was how Abedi foretold his son’s career.

http://db.ghanaian-chronicle.com/thestory.asp?id=539
We are the centre of the pitch, we are precise, we are our effort, we are attackers who defend, we are defenders who attack, we are respected by our rivals, we are recognised by our rivals, we are every goal that we score, we are those who always look for our opponent's goal, WE ARE ONE.

Pep Guardiola To Barca Before CL Final
jeff
Egg
Egg

Post by jeff »

TonyStarks wrote:
Ghanaian great Abedi Ayew's children are French Internationals

http://www.om.net/fr/Saison/101003/Info ... _selection
Abenwoha
Egg
Egg

Post by Abenwoha »

jeff wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:

They have been invited. No one knows yet if they will play. I think they were born in France and may hold French citizenships

God is a Black Star fan
Abenwoha
Egg
Egg

Post by Abenwoha »

jeff wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:

They have been invited. No one knows yet if they will play. I think they were born in France and may hold French citizenships

God is a Black Star fan
Abenwoha
Egg
Egg

Post by Abenwoha »

jeff wrote:
TonyStarks wrote:

God is a Black Star fan
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Sir V wrote:Teslimi Balogun(Tunder Balogun)

Tunde Balogun-- Played for the Old Oyo state, 1973 and '75

Sir V:

Was it Femi? I know there were two of them at Ife at the same period. The more gifted was Kayode "Sege" Balogun who played for SE under AO as well.

Other father/son pair were Willy & Baldwin Bazuaye. Hey, a lot of guys felt Baldwin got a lot of breaks because of his father.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Didn't Weah have a son coming up?

well here are some:

Yuri Djorkaef (His dad played for the French flops of 1966 fame)

Bogassian (he plays in the MLS. Dad played in the old MLS)

Amaechi Igwe ( Father Tony Igwe Nigeria and represented his country in the Olympic Games in Mexico City in 1968, captain for the Nigerian National Team during World Cup qualifying tournaments in 1969 and 1973 ... He played against Pele when the Nigerian national team played Santos in 1972 ... He played collegiate soccer at the University of San Francisco, where he was a member of three national championship teams. )

Paolo Maldinid and his dad.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Enugu II wrote:
Sir V wrote:Teslimi Balogun(Tunder Balogun)

Thunde Balogun-- Played for the Old Oyo state , 1973 and '75 sports festival

Sir V:

Was it Femi? I know there were two of them at Ife at the same period. The more gifted was Kayode "Sege" Balogun who played for SE under AO as well.

Other father/son pair were Willy & Baldwin Bazuaye. Hey, a lot of guys felt Baldwin got a lot of breaks because of his father.
Yes it was Femi. Actually, there was Kayode, I think he is the younger one. But Tunde is their eldest brother who played for oyo state at the 73 sports festival .

I can't remember Willy Bazuaye was a player. Do you know where he played for?
Last edited by Sir V on Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

original skeepolah wrote:Didn't Weah have a son coming up?

well here are some:

Yuri Djorkaef (His dad played for the French flops of 1966 fame)

Bogassian (he plays in the MLS. Dad played in the old MLS)

Amaechi Igwe ( Father Tony Igwe Nigeria and represented his country in the Olympic Games in Mexico City in 1968, captain for the Nigerian National Team during World Cup qualifying tournaments in 1969 and 1973 ... He played against Pele when the Nigerian national team played Santos in 1972 ... He played collegiate soccer at the University of San Francisco, where he was a member of three national championship teams. )

Paolo Maldinid and his dad.
Did Nigreria play against Santos? I know Pele was in Nigeria in 1975 or 76.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Alex & Darren Ferguson
Steve & Alex Bruce
Snr cant remember his first name (Josey?) & Eddy Dombraye
Clement & Toto and Omonigbo Temile
heavyd
Egg
Egg

Post by heavyd »

Dodo wrote:Alex & Darren Ferguson
Steve & Alex Bruce
Snr cant remember his first name (Josey?) & Eddy Dombraye
Clement & Toto and Omonigbo Temile
Yep Josiah Dombraye - a very good winger from the 70's won the 1973 All africa Games.
YNWA