I Just voted at South Africa House.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg
I Just voted at South Africa House.

Post by Mzekezeke »

I just voted at South Africa House in central London.. (Its election day in SA by the way.)

But I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if there was a box that said none of the above, because thats the way I feel right now. I didn't want to abstain though because I feel thats even worse than not voting I ended up making a sentimental vote because I just couldn't stomach voting for the other parties on offer.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Democracy is about having a vote that counts and makes a difference to peoples' lives and not about "sentiment". If "none of the above" applies then you should exercise in your democratic right not to participate in the charade.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

cic old boy wrote:Democracy is about having a vote that counts and makes a difference to peoples' lives and not about "sentiment". If "none of the above" applies then you should exercise in your democratic right not to participate in the charade.
True cic old boy but I feel that not voting is even worse. Its a catch 22 situation.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

I hope you voted for the DP, the only party capable of bringing true change to South Africa. If not the DP, then it has to be the Freedom Front.
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

TD wrote:I hope you voted for the DP, the only party capable of bringing true change to South Africa. If not the DP, then it has to be the Freedom Front.
I suspect Mandoza voted for the ANC.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Mandoza this forthcoming ANC victory is bad news for Zimbabweans, what with Mbeki giving support to his comrade in arms Robert. I hope for your sake that the ANC does not turn into another Robert Muage and Zanu PF.
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I Just voted at South Africa House.

Post by Prince »

Mandoza wrote:I just voted at South Africa House in central London.. (Its election day in SA by the way.)

But I was just thinking wouldn't it be nice if there was a box that said none of the above, because thats the way I feel right now. I didn't want to abstain though because I feel thats even worse than not voting I ended up making a sentimental vote because I just couldn't stomach voting for the other parties on offer.
I would have loved SA's in the west to make a 'protest vote'. It won't make any difference to the total vote but it will sure send a message to ANC leaders to sit up.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

When are we (Naija abroad) going to get opportunity to vote in a free and fair election in Nigeria?

Two wars:

We need to fight to vote at the Nigerian embassy abroad, just like Mandoza

And then we need to fight to make Nigeria election free and fair
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

A white South African told me he wasn't allowed to vote becasue he was outside South Africa! So how come you could vote?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

I like the idea proposed by Mandoza. If in an election, you had "None" as a choice and "None" votes exceed 50%, then all the candidates would be barred from contesting the second round.

Also, if one candidate gets say 40% of votes and "None" comes second, then this candidate would go into a second round of "yes" or "no" voting.

This would take care of the "lesser devil" problem like we are likely to face regarding IBB and Atiku in 2007. Nigerians can reject both of them and if all these crooks lose the first round, maybe in a second round with new candidates, there would be someone who can make a difference. Maybe if in a third ballot, there still is a "None" vote, then all the candidates can be unbarred and the candidate with simple majority wins. This would give tremendous power to the voters. I would relish a day when politicians and parties cannot hold Nigerians to ransome and impose devils on us.

Also, there should be independent candidates. Anybody that can get 10,000 thumb prints (that can be cross-checked with the National ID card database, from 24 states should be allowed to run as an Independent candidate in the Presidential election, just as anybody that can get 5,000 votes from 2/3 local governments in a state should also be allowed to run as an Independent candidate for Governor or Senate.

These two processes are going to be very expensive and time consuming. Presidential elections would probably have to start 1 year in advance due to the possibility of having up to 3 elections. But it's a new idea that might bring democracy to the people.
General Trousers
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by General Trousers »

Mandoza, are Afrikanner + Black South African marriages common?
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

RudeBoy wrote:A white South African told me he wasn't allowed to vote becasue he was outside South Africa! So how come you could vote?
Clearly your friend is telling fibs, because I did vote. Maybe his papers where not in order or something I don't know.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

General Trousers wrote:Mandoza, are Afrikanner + Black South African marriages common?
I know of one, but they are not common at all. If a black person has a white spouse they would have probably lived abroad and met their spouse there.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Tinaye wrote:Mandoza this forthcoming ANC victory is bad news for Zimbabweans, what with Mbeki giving support to his comrade in arms Robert. I hope for your sake that the ANC does not turn into another Robert Muage and Zanu PF.
I have got news for you buddy, only you can free yourselves from Mugabes tyranny we can't do it for you. You forget President Mbeki's goverment has a lot on its plate domestically.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

TD wrote:I hope you voted for the DP, the only party capable of bringing true change to South Africa. If not the DP, then it has to be the Freedom Front.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And pigs just might fly TD.