Come wasnt cameroon warned ?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

if Roger Milla aint surprised i sure as hell aint ...

One person who didn't seem surprised by Fifa's decision was former Cameroon great Roger Milla.

" We were warned during the 2002 African Cup of Nations, the World Cup and the Confederations Cup," he said.

"I told them to be careful with the choice of jerseys and now this is the consequence."

Cameroun brought it on themselves .. ur enemy can only hurt u where u let him .. and they have given FIFA a great weapon to use against them by their stubbroness ..

Roger Milla's quote is taken from
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 634945.stm
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cyber Saint wrote:EII and TD, good to know there are still some analytical people on here. As far as I'm concerned, this FIFA decision is illegal. You don't just take points away, arbitrary, from someone.
In that case, there were only two options open to FIFA - either penalize Cameroun with a heavy fine of ban them outright from the champoinship. Anything else is questionable :x
There is nothing illegal in it...harsh yes, illegal no. Severity of punishment is discretional as long as there has been the initial breach of the rules. Had Cameroon not erred in the first place, then punishing them would have been illegal.

In the past countries have been disqualified or banned for non-footballing issues?

Cameroon's best bet is to appeal for leniency as I feel that is what FIFA wants - just for them to know who is boss...if they try to continue to be stubborn they will only have themselves to blame.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

i keep telling people it could be worse .. Cameroun could have been banned from playin in FIFA related tournaments for their unwillingness to follow the rules ...
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Talk IT wrote:Was nigeria warned before CAF suspended us for many years?
Can you compare just six point exclusion to four years ban?
CAF, Hayatou and Cameroun got what they have been looking for.
First of all, Yes Nigeria was repeatedly warned by all, of the possible consequences of her actions at that time even though Abacha still felt we should withdraw from the competition. Secondly, we were eventually banned for just one tournament ( 2 years not 4 ), because WE decided not to go in 1996, not CAF. We eventually played and hosted the tournament after our ban was over. So your comparission of 6 points deduction and 4 years ban is not appropriate. Thirdly, neither CAF nor Hayatou are representative of Cameroun. Cameroun carried out their actions on their own with FIFA at the time dealing directly with them and not through either of the other two parties.
From this day forth, I stand by the entity that is ARSENAL.
I'm in despair when we lose, I rejoice when we win and I become emotional for all that happens in between
but may no one dare say I was not there when its all said and done - Globero
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

theYemster wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:EII and TD, good to know there are still some analytical people on here. As far as I'm concerned, this FIFA decision is illegal. You don't just take points away, arbitrary, from someone.
In that case, there were only two options open to FIFA - either penalize Cameroun with a heavy fine of ban them outright from the champoinship. Anything else is questionable :x
There is nothing illegal in it...harsh yes, illegal no. Severity of punishment is discretional as long as there has been the initial breach of the rules. Had Cameroon not erred in the first place, then punishing them would have been illegal.

In the past countries have been disqualified or banned for non-footballing issues?

Cameroon's best bet is to appeal for leniency as I feel that is what FIFA wants - just for them to know who is boss...if they try to continue to be stubborn they will only have themselves to blame.

Well, FIFA better do something about it b'cos it doesn't speak well of them to apply such drastic action. Had it been they decided to ban Cameroun for 2 yrs or more, most people won't complain b'cos rules are rules.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

I understand that Cameroon should not have worn those swimsuits against FIFA law but 6 points???? from a World Cup Campaign, that's too harsh
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Same thing as caning when a child doesnt want to listen then the parenting body needs to adopt severe measures to get their attention. I'll bet you Cameroun will listen next time....Same goes for the likes of Rio Ferdinand who dont want to play by the rules
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Gboye77
Egg
Egg

Post by Gboye77 »

TD wrote:
Gboye77 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Gboye77 wrote:Do the crime serve the time

Abi? So if you slap somebody and they jail you for life it still applies?
Yes! If that is the established penalty for slapping someone. The question now arises, is that the established penalty? Maybe not, as this has not happened before. Right now what we see is precedence being established.
Yes, but isn't that the issue in contention - That there is not an established penalty. In the absence of such, you have to consider the nature of the transgression, focusing on the possible negative impact it may have on the game, and in the mind of any reasonable person, there is almost none!

FIFA have gone off in a fit of pique and swatted a fly with a sledgehammer.
The fact remains that Cameroon ran afoul of FIFA. It is FIFA's prerogative, not ours, to decide the appropriate punishment. My view, like that of many others on this forum, is that the punishment is rather harsh. Unfortunately my view, and that of millions of Cameroonians and Nigerians, is irrelevant. FIFA remains the ultimate arbiter and Cameroon is at FIFA's mercy.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

they looked for trouble!!!! no pity what so ever

Post by Hard Man »

I have no sympathies for Cameroon .. na so dem make dem bed, allow dem lie on am .. as the saying goes, 404 wey no lissen to eem massa, na wahala eem don enta.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

They finally admitted now they were at fault all of them. Heads have rolled on this and the sports minister has been fired.
Soldier of Fortune...
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

they were warned aiight... but it's d penalty that we're complaining bout... way way too harsh.....
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!