EVERTON SAYS YOBO IS A GOD. WANTS TO PARTNER HIM AND ABBEY?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
EVERTON SAYS YOBO IS A GOD. WANTS TO PARTNER HIM AND ABBEY?

Post by naija4ever »

Yobo Matthew Williams - 361st post - 19 Apr 2004 10:27
Since he has come back from the African Nation he has been our best player. he was superb on Saturday and looks to have a great future......how long till the vultures start sniffing round for him and can we keep him say if Arsenal were to offer 10 million for him? [Complain about this post]

re: Yobo dodo © - 1204th post - 19 Apr 2004 12:12
Yobo has always been a good player and is getting better. He's learning the English game and has lost that naivety he came with. I'd personally like to change his name to Gemmill and then no one will want him and he can be our big secret. [Complain about this post]

re: Yobo miles wilson - 7th post - 19 Apr 2004 16:09
the man is a god - best defender i have seen play in the blue shirt since Rats [Complain about this post]

re: Yobo Michael Crosby - 175th post - 19 Apr 2004 10:46
I think he has been our best player along with Kilbane even before he went to the African Nations. People dont tend to notice how well people play unless they either score or have a nightmare (Gravesen). [Complain about this post]

re: Yobo Mr Gravy - 961st post - 19 Apr 2004 10:55
The Premiership's best kept secret? It would be a pretty good piece of business if a £10m+ offer came in, but he would be very hard to replace and, taking into account our debts, he's worth more to us than his financial value alone.
I think his current contract runs for another 3 years so we've got another couple of seasons before we might be 'forced' to sell him. [Complain about this post]

re: Yobo Graham Shephard - 450th post - 19 Apr 2004 11:04
Yobo is a legend. Let's face it, without him we would have no defence. I've heard George Abbey mentioned as a possible partener for Joe. He played in all of Nigeria's ACN matches so they'd have a good bond. If we had a pairing like that, then I think Yobo would be more likely to stay. But yes, I think the offers will start to come in soon.
I think he (abbey) plays for Macclesfield town, by the way.
[Complain about this post]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/h2/h2.cgi ... on&sort=Te

One of the best News So far For Naija footy if it comes to pass

the man is a god - best defender i have seen play in the blue shirt since Rats [Complain about this post]

:shock: :D :o :P :twisted: If yobo is a god, who is Okocha then? :roll: :shock:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
Baii
Egg
Egg

Post by Baii »

Was it ever in doubt?
We knew what the chap was capable of doing all the while.
I sure do hope they get Abbey, it will do them good.
“A fanatic is one who entrenches himself in invincible ignorance.”

― OSWALD CHAMBERS, Baffled to Fight Better
Bubus
Egg
Egg

Post by Bubus »

Thats the billion $$ question, naija4ever.
JJ Okocha will take this freekick... curls it in! Oh! ...curls it right in!! What a goal?!! What a moment of magic from JJ Okocha?!! And its 1-1!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

I see that shrining players is not limited to the cyber eagles forum only!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Good, but I don't want first team players paired up in the same club. Not good for us and friendlies.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Undertaker wrote:I see that shrining players is not limited to the cyber eagles forum only!
Maybe the same forumer operates in the two forum :wink: ....like Babs and Robby :P :P
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Oba from Montreal[/color] wrote:Good, but I don't want first team players paired up in the same club. Not good for us and friendlies.
My exact sentiments. I'll love to see Abbey move to an EPL team but on the same team with either Yobo or Okoronkwo. Think about the hell we experienced to secure the services of Okocha and Yobo, now imagine a team having the loose the services of the heart of their defence all at once.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

This is good cos macclesfield are going to be relegated to the conference and thats not good, the premeirship would be the best thing to happen to abbey.
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
oluwaseye the 1st.
Egg
Egg

Post by oluwaseye the 1st. »

Macclesfield climbed out of relegation 4 weeks ago, they have not lost any of their last 6 games.
Truth needs no support system, it can stand firmly on its legs!!

COYS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

naija4ever, so the comments of ONE Everton fan somehow make you feel that the football club think so?

In that case, what about the coments of Ayo on Kanu and the UBA on Okocha?
peron33uk
Egg
Egg

Post by peron33uk »

oh my bad, cos since iv been seeing them always losing so i got used to them losing, but it would be very good if he goes to the premiership to gain for experience and play against world class players
When someone tells me "God bless you", I ask the question, which God?

God - is just a title as there are many (All false).
I do not want to receive blessings from any other but from YHVH. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob(Israel), He is my God.
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

27 wrote:naija4ever, so the comments of ONE Everton fan somehow make you feel that the football club think so?

so the comments of ONE Everton fan somehow make you feel that the football club think so?
Yes, thats called poll as there is no way to get the opinion of all the fans esp since I assume those are not comments from nigerians :twisted: :roll: :shock: :D

Those dont count as much as the aforementioned, cos bashings and shrinnings are some of the ingredients that make this forum lively. People here are mostly likely from the same country as the players in question while the club fans are less likely from same country :shock: :D 8) :o :lol: :wink:
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

It is good news that Everton management and fans are thrilled with Yobo's performances. We all know that he is gifted, but what I found marvelous is that the club is considering bringing in Abbey to play along Yobo like in the SE. I hope that it is true and will be carried out successfully. I have always said that the performance of Abbey is that of premier league or at least division one and not three. If he goes to Everton and becomes a regular there, it will be of a big advantage to the SE. :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

atleast he is being appreciated
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

See thief - dem wan change Yobo to Gemmill. What kind of useless crap is that?
re: Yobo dodo © - 1204th post - 19 Apr 2004 12:12
Yobo has always been a good player and is getting better. He's learning the English game and has lost that naivety he came with. I'd personally like to change his name to Gemmill and then no one will want him and he can be our big secret. [Complain about this post]
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

the most exiting news in this that forum is the rumour of Abbey possible move to Everton to partner the one been appreciated by the fans... the god of Everton.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

Good thing that he's receiving due accolades 4rm the english fans too.... at d ANC, he was arguably our best defender and it's a good thing it's spilled over 2 d EPL..... if Abbey could be there too, it'll be :D :mrgreen:
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

yettycom wrote:Good thing that he's receiving due accolades 4rm the english fans too.... at d ANC, he was arguably our best defender and it's a good thing it's spilled over 2 d EPL..... if Abbey could be there too, it'll be :D :mrgreen:
Yettycom, u know what many people abused Yobo after loosing to Morroco, they said it was his fault, the abuse kept on coming even in the subsequent matches we played once he make any mistake.

THE TRUTH IS THAT, The Mistake of a good player is easily noticed. Thank God the fans are really applauding now.
Decky
Egg
Egg

Post by Decky »

Sure Abbey does posses EPL quality, the move will definitely brighten his career but hope his move will actualize in another club rather that Everton. The issue of players release for national teams has always been a pin in the #$%.......So, i do wish that Abbey moves to another club that does not have a Nigerian on board.
What's the difference between school & life?
In school, you are taught a lesson and given a test.
In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.

A genius is made of 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Oba from Montreal wrote:Good, but I don't want first team players paired up in the same club. Not good for us and friendlies.
Better they play in the same first team club than for Abbey to continue to wallow in div 2 or 3.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯