OH YEAH I WAS AT THE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Player
Eaglet
Eaglet
OH YEAH I WAS AT THE

Post by Player »

Chelsea Vs EVerton game Live (in Stamford Bridge)

and i must say, the way that Yobo ordered his defence around was very suprising, i could never expect a Nigerian defender to come to England and boss his other defenders around, Allesandro Pistone was at the end of most of Yobo's telling off, cos Joe was always cleaning up his mess, even the way he plucked those english hi balls from the air was like a true eagle, he even kept both Adrian and Jimmy out of the game,but even with Yobo in the team, Chlesea should have still won cos they had to answer to Frank Lampard, but still without Yobo Everton would be leaking more goals that a damage water pipe, i have no doubt that Yobo would be leaving the club soon for bigger ventures. ( i am not a shriner, this was based on me seeing him for the first time live)

P.S Rooney good for an 18 year old
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg
Re: OH YEAH I WAS AT THE

Post by Mzekezeke »

Player wrote:Chelsea Vs EVerton game Live (in Stamford Bridge)

and i must say, the way that Yobo ordered his defence around was very suprising, i could never expect a Nigerian defender to come to England and boss his other defenders around, Allesandro Pistone was at the end of most of Yobo's telling off, cos Joe was always cleaning up his mess, even the way he plucked those english hi balls from the air was like a true eagle, he even kept both Adrian and Jimmy out of the game,but even with Yobo in the team, Chlesea should have still won cos they had to answer to Frank Lampard, but still without Yobo Everton would be leaking more goals that a damage water pipe, i have no doubt that Yobo would be leaving the club soon for bigger ventures. ( i am not a shriner, this was based on me seeing him for the first time live)

P.S Rooney good for an 18 year old
You sure sound like a shriner. :lol: At least your shrining is not as hysterical as the shriners of a certain number 10.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

Having watched yobo a couple of times now what impresses me most is his sheer athleticism. he has a real spring in his step so that when he leaps he towers above the opposition. watching him accelerate from start is to appreciate real pace. if yobo had not been a footballer he could have been a sprinter like henry. thats why he is so versatile. remember he came to prominence for nigeria in the world youth cup nigeria 99 as a forward, debuted for nigeria at the senior level as a rightback, played against argentina as defensive midfielder in japan and finally has settled in as a central defender. believe you me if yobo was english they would have gone bonkers over him. his value would be 25 million + and he would be selling everything to us from toilet paper( Yobo rolls wipe up the mess the other defenders leave behind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) to padlocks. but he isnt english thank God he is nigerian. we have a real gem in him
my times are in HIS hands
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

this post should be made a sticky.I believe yobo is the best defender in africa at the moment a shade better than nuuroodine naybet.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

pasamu wrote:Having watched yobo a couple of times now what impresses me most is his sheer athleticism. he has a real spring in his step so that when he leaps he towers above the opposition. watching him accelerate from start is to appreciate real pace. if yobo had not been a footballer he could have been a sprinter like henry. thats why he is so versatile. remember he came to prominence for nigeria in the world youth cup nigeria 99 as a forward, debuted for nigeria at the senior level as a rightback, played against argentina as defensive midfielder in japan and finally has settled in as a central defender. believe you me if yobo was english they would have gone bonkers over him. his value would be 25 million + and he would be selling everything to us from toilet paper( Yobo rolls wipe up the mess the other defenders leave behind :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ) to padlocks. but he isnt english thank God he is nigerian. we have a real gem in him
Oga PaSamu..I troway salute o..how is madam and pikin..as refers Yobo, I totally share your views. I would only contest that he played in the 1999 Flying Eagles team during the the Naija 99 WYC, I thought that was a different Yobo, not Joseph but I stand corrected.
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

MD, that was Joe. You stand corrected :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
pasamu
Egg
Egg

Post by pasamu »

mister dolly, bodi dey my broda and madam is fine just going thru some of the inevitable storms of life at present but Jesus is in the boat so i aint worrying. have not forgot your tape
my times are in HIS hands
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

I saw the match too, his performance was increadible to say the least. :lol: :lol: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Ikranky
Egg
Egg

Post by Ikranky »

I saw highlights on FSW. They singled out Yobo for praise and showed a couple clips of his actions in the game. If he contnues like this, he can dominate and become larger than life -- like Dessailly, Baresi, etc.

Incidentally, FSW also praised Okoronkwo. (although they couldn't pronounce his name). It felt good to see two Naija bobos being praised like that.