Shouldn't Players Honour Their Contracts?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Shouldn't Players Honour Their Contracts?

Post by RudeBoy »

The story of Luis Saha wanting to go to Man utd has dominated the sports pages today in the UK. He signed a 5 year deal last year and now he wants to move to a bigger club. Isn't this a case of having your cake and eating it. Players should honour their contracts!!

Saha 'appalled' by Fulham

This was a good opportunity for me to join one of the greatest clubs in the world

Fulham striker Louis Saha
Louis Saha is reportedly "appalled" by Fulham's refusal to sell him to Manchester United.
Saha is quoted in French sports daily L'Equipe as saying: "I'm completely gutted, appalled. A transfer to United was a good deal for everyone.

"United offered £8m, which was excellent for Fulham. I'm not Ronaldo!"

Meanwhile, Fulham have been ordered to pay the remaining £3.2m for Saha's fellow striker Steve Marlet, who cost £11.5m from French side Lyon.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman had earlier accused the Old Trafford club of trying to "bully" them into selling Saha.

The 25-year-old has scored 14 goals this season as Fulham have climbed to fifth place in the Barclaycard Premiership

Al Fayed attacks Ferguson

"This was a good opportunity for me to join one the greatest clubs in the world. It was the chance of my life," he said.

"It is obvious that Manchester will not try to get me again in six months' time, because they will have found another striker by then.

"I really don't understand the president's opinion. I gave a lot to Fulham, they could have done me that favour."

Coleman has vowed to stand firm against any approach from the Old Trafford club.

"You get that feeling that we are being bullied into selling one of our players," said Coleman.

"I don't like bullies and I don't like being bullied, that is why we are determined to hang on to Louis Saha."

Saha has been linked with a move to Old Trafford since Fulham's 3-1 victory at Old Trafford in October.

If he wants to grab his chance to play top-flight footy then can you blame him?

From Luke Carvill
Have your say on 606

"When someone asks you if a player is available and you say 'no' and they make a bid and you say 'no' and they keep coming back, and it is in the newspapers and they come back again, that's disappointing," said Coleman.

Coleman's criticism of the Premiership follows a stinging attack on United boss Sir Alex Ferguson by Fulham chairman Mohamed al Fayed.

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly trying to unsettle my players," said al Fayed.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips, Saha is not for sale'."

Prior to any potential transfer, Fulham will already be £3.2m down, after the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne ordered them to pay the final balance for Marlet's transfer.

The payment had been due on 14 December but Fulham withheld it because they were unhappy with the role of Barcelona-based agents Sebastien and Pascal Boisseau.

However, the arbitration panel concluded that all aspects of the transaction were in compliance with the FIFA regulations.