King Kanu Offered To Celta

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jmal
Egg
Egg
King Kanu Offered To Celta

Post by Jmal »

Kanu Offered To Celta
Arsenal, Wednesday January 07 2004
Spanish club Celta Vigo claim that Arsenal have offered the La Liga team the chance to sign Gunners striker Nwankwo Kanu.

Spanish club Celta Vigo claim that Arsenal have offered the La Liga team the chance to sign Gunners striker Nwankwo Kanu.

The Galician’s are currently languishing in the relegation zone due to a number of frontman suffering from injuries and the Spanish outfit are eager to strengthen their squad.

Savo Milosevic is their only recognised fit front-man, the leading marksman with seven goals in all competitions and Celta are keen to inject some fresh blood and Kanu is reported to be one of their possible targets.

The club's director of sport Felix Carnero confirmed that the Nigerian international had been offered to them, but insisted no decision had yet been taken on whether to move for Kanu.

"We were offered Kanu and it is not the first time," stated Carnero.

"He is a player who we like quite a lot, as much for his quality as for his experience, but we still haven't decided anything.

With the 27-year-old Kanu departing during the January transfer window for the African Cup of Nations tournament, an enforced month-long absence may hamper a move to La Liga.

Meanwhile, reports in France claim that Japanese outfit JEF United are also monitoring Kanu's situation.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Complete nonsense! Kanu will be at Arsenal until the end of the season!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

And when was this offer made?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

wow , i hope he leaves, cos when he leaves , Arsenal will never win jack, b4 kanu was at Arsenal the didnt win jack 4 a long time. u guys will see.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

kING KANU START TODAY AGAIN..I THINK WENGER LOVE TO USE KANU BEFORE EVERY ANC...I DO NOT KNOW WHY WHY WENGER???

Everton: Martyn, Hibbert, Stubbs, Unsworth, Naysmith, Rooney, Carsley, Li Tie, Kilbane, Radzinski, Ferguson. Subs: Campbell, Jeffers, Simonsen, Yobo, Linderoth.

Arsenal: Lehmann, Toure, Cygan, Campbell, Cole, Ljungberg, Parlour, Vieira, Pires, Kanu, Henry. Subs: Lauren, Edu, Silva, Shaaban, Aliadiere.

Referee: A Wiley (Staffordshire)
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

I do not bleave Arsene will get rid of Kanu easy...

bleave it or not Wenger likes both Dennis and Kanu because they can give samething QUALITY TO THE FANS...

If eather are injured Wenger will buy another player....count on that
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

RudeBoy wrote:Complete nonsense! Kanu will be at Arsenal until the end of the season!
Then what? Whats he going to do at the end of the season?

He better jump at this Celta Vigo chance b/c as much as he would like to stay in Arsenal, he is not wanted there....

For your own sake Kanu, please I beg you, take this celta vigo chance
Last edited by maceo4 on Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tolu

Post by Tolu »

:!: \
Jmal
Egg
Egg

Post by Jmal »

SPANIARDS MAKE KANU CLAIM
Wednesday 7th January 2004

Kanu: offered to Celta

More Arsenal stories:

Radzinski strike pegs back Gunners
Arsenal refuse to lose Kanu

Fixtures
Results
Top Scorers
Sinners
Tables
Squad Lists

EXCLUSIVE
Spanish outfit Celta Vigo have claimed that they have been offered the chance to sign Arsenal star Nwankwo Kanu.
Celta are currently languishing in 18th spot in La Liga and are desperate to strengthen their squad as they bid to lift themselves out of the relegation zone.

The Galicians are short of attacking options; Savo Milosevic is their only recognised fit front-man, with last season's top-scorer Catanha ruled out for the foreseeable future with a groin problem.

Milosevic is the team's leading marksman with seven goals in all competitions, but Celta are keen to inject some fresh blood and Kanu is reported to be one of their possible targets.

The club's director of sport Felix Carnero confirmed to skysports.com that the Nigerian international had been offered to them, but insisted no decision had yet been taken on whether to move for the 27-year-old.

"We were offered Kanu and it is not the first time," stated Carnero.

"He is a player who we like quite a lot, as much for his quality as for his experience, but we still haven't decided anything.

"There are many things to study in his case."

Carnero was referring to the player's imminent departure for the forthcoming African Cup of Nations tournament, and it seems unlikely they would move for him during the January transfer window with an enforced month-long absence just around the corner.

What's more, Arsenal seem unlikely to allow him to depart Highbury at this time with boss Arsene Wenger having stated he is keen to retain the player's services with injury problems currently affecting his front players.

Celta do have good relations with Arsenal following the transfer of Brazilian full back Silvinho to the Balaidos in August 2001, but Carnero conceded Kanu - also linked with Real Zaragoza in the Spanish press - is just one of a number of strikers they are considering.

"There are more names in the hat than we can contemplate," he continued.

For his part, under-fire Celta boss Miguel Angel Lotina refused to comment on the speculation, and insisted the injury problems affecting a number of his more influential players were behind the club's woeful league form.

"Injuries are affecting us spectacularly and that is preventing any consistency in our game," he added.

Meanwhile, reports in France claim that Japanese outfit JEF United are also monitoring Kanu's situation, and are pondering a lucrative move for the striker should he fail to agree a new deal at Highbury before his current contract expires in the summer.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

If Kanu has any brains in his head, he better stay at Arsenal until at least the end of the season and move on on a free. That way he wins twice by getting a club to pay his wages and negotiating an keeping his own tranfer fee.
To stop trying is to start dying
Lil Pele
Egg
Egg

Post by Lil Pele »

I posted this thread earlier today!!!!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

U want a cookie? :roll: :roll:
Lil Pele wrote:I posted this thread earlier today!!!!!!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

maceo na cookie man dey chop every day?
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Just get out of England and play first-team football in western europe...Arsenal is definitely not a choice to stay back for and Celta must improve their current situation before Kanu even thinks of joining them.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

He should see out his contract and take it from there.Just my opinion.
who no know go know.
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

In my opinion, I don't think it'll be a wise move to leave championship league side and join a team fighting for relegation. He should learn from Finidi George 's movement to Ipwish.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmm it's to late now because Kanu will be in the ANC which is when the transfer market will be about wrapping up. This will be tought because depending on Kanu's form and how far the SE goes in the ANC and Kanu's stock goes up teams will be after him at the end of the season including Arsenal who will now see him as a key player. Infact right now the world is at Kanu's feet because the ANC couldn't have come at a better time.
Soldier of Fortune...
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

bigapple wrote:In my opinion, I don't think it'll be a wise move to leave championship league side and join a team fighting for relegation. He should learn from Finidi George 's movement to Ipwish.
My thoughts Exactly.
who no know go know.
bigapple
Egg
Egg

Post by bigapple »

My thoughts Exactly.
Thank you my brother!
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »