Don’t repeat errors of Mali 2002 in Tunisia, Amodu warns SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg
Don’t repeat errors of Mali 2002 in Tunisia, Amodu warns SE

Post by Toxicarrow »

Don’t repeat errors of Mali 2002 in Tunisia, Amodu warns Eagles

Two-time Super Eagles former Chief Coach, Shaibu Amodu, has warned Coach Christian Chukwu and his boys not to repeat the errors of Mali 2002 Nations Cup if Eagles are to perform well in the 24th edition of the competition in Tunisia.

Amodu, who is currently with Sharks of Port Harcourt in the Premier League said the Super Eagles would easily be the team every country would want to beat because every team see Nigeria as a strong force.

"The Nations Cup is certainly going to be full of excitement and I just pray that the errors of Mali don’t repeat itself. Our players must be treated with utmost respect and that will further ginger them to give their very best.
"With luck on our side, the team can go as far as the final and even win," Amodu said.

On the failure of some of the invited players to report to camp on the stipulated date, Amodu hinted that the impatience of Nigerians forced the handlers and the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) to fix the camping before Christmas. "Knowing the mentality of our players, there was no way they wouldn’t return home for the Yuletide. They’ve been playing football all year round and need a break. But I guess they must have taken permission to stay off for a while. It’s good that CAF has shifted the competition to late January. Now, it will allow the players find their rhythm in good time for the finals.

I’ve also heard the NFA Secretary General, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, say that they wouldn’t allow the mistakes of Mali repeat itself. Once that is done, you can be rest-assured that everything will fall in place.

Back

From the SUN
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/