NFL player killed in Afganistan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Jinn wrote:TD

:lol:...i know no black man in ANY nation (including all the black nations in africa) will do same...not just america...no sense of belonging...no patriotism...sad.

i feel u on the "mentally unglued" part though :lol:...his family will certainly curse him b4 he even leaves 4 afghanistan.
How about those people who died in wars of liberation? If you want to be more specific, how about someone like Steve Biko who gave up a medical career and eventually died in the anti-apartheid struggle? Are they any less patriotic?

How does ONE white American giving up everything to enlist make whites more patriotic and blacks less so?
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

How about the life of Martin Luther King Jr and Malcolm X? They died in what they believed in in liberating their people from the shackles of oppression.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

i'm specifically talking about giving up a contract that runs into the millions...4 this.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

God rest his soul.... but y he did dat is still amazing me.... turned down a lucrative contract and left his newly wed wife behind.... anyway i guess when u av a strong conviction, nothing can shake it....
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
chopeski
Egg
Egg

Post by chopeski »

Jinn wrote:i'm specifically talking about giving up a contract that runs into the millions...4 this.
How about the sacrifices of those black slaves who built America with their blood, sweat and tears? Isn't that enough sacrifice?

Why should anyone want to lay their lives for the sake of some crazed Neo cons in Washington?
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

u guys do have ur points...but america is a nation now...& a lot did go into building america...the slavery issue is unfortunate....but the black slaves were not the only victims...if we were gonna launch a witch hunt...it will take us all the way back home...2 the doors of the chiefs & obas who colluded in selling their ppl.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

chopeski wrote:
Jinn wrote:i'm specifically talking about giving up a contract that runs into the millions...4 this.
How about the sacrifices of those black slaves who built America with their blood, sweat and tears? Isn't that enough sacrifice?

Why should anyone want to lay their lives for the sake of some crazed Neo cons in Washington?

The difference between Pat Tillman and most of the other people who have died in this war is that his was 100% voluntary.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nanijoe wrote:
chopeski wrote:

The difference between Pat Tillman and most of the other people who have died in this war is that his was 100% voluntary.
Nani:

if other dudes voluntarily went there and died, would you know about it if they werent celebrities?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

the question is...would they have gone if they had a $3.6M contract?
viking2k
Egg
Egg

Post by viking2k »

the question is...would they have gone if they had a $3.6M contract?
Maybe the question really should be the guy's motivation. What really motivated Pat Tillman? ... and what motivates others?
Jinn
Egg
Egg

Post by Jinn »

true...suicidal motives do exist in certain cases...brought about by events little known about...a death wish...regardless of lucrative contract.
viking2k
Egg
Egg

Post by viking2k »

another idea - many have watched too many "hero" and "spy" movies that they dream of living it out. The military affords such people an opportunity to "act out" their dreams.

I don't know Pat Tillman, but those who do (his team-mates) think he was simply being patriotic. It remains to be seen if the daily sacrifice of young soldier lives is truly being shed for the protection of our freedoms or for oil.

That being said, I believe the patriot in most of those guys (athletes and the rest of us) will surface (or won't) if a major national disaster occurs - war or terrorist stuff.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Its called ambition, John does gamble and lost, in his quest for power and success.

You people self, John Does had political ambition, if he had survive Afghanistan or Iraq his next goal would be to run for president, all American boy save the world from the horrible heathen, or have we suddenly forgotten the way John Kerry is using his Vietnam experience and fame.
manplus
Egg
Egg

Post by manplus »

To be honest, I think this guy had misplaced patriotism.
The only thing I respect is the fact that he left some 3.8 million
dollars to go fight in Afghanistan.

As others have asked, what about the hundreds of other dead
men and women? Why is this guy being set up as some hero?
What about the thousands that have been seriously injured?

This is pure PR, just like that so-called "hero" Jessica Lynch.
As it turned out, the whole thing was fabricated. We should
wait for the details of how he died before we annoint him.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Pat Tillman wanted to be a hero. He did all these gra gra to be heroic. Many white boys like to do this. While he was killed, Bush, Chaney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz are smiling all the way to be bank in lucrative Oil deals and Halliburton's exploits.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Mudi E wrote:Pat Tillman wanted to be a hero. He did all these gra gra to be heroic. Many white boys like to do this. While he was killed, Bush, Chaney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz are smiling all the way to be bank in lucrative Oil deals and Halliburton's exploits.
Are you okay? :evil:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

yettycom wrote:God rest his soul.... but y he did dat is still amazing me.... turned down a lucrative contract and left his newly wed wife behind.... anyway i guess when u av a strong conviction, nothing can shake it....
The thing weak me too but I guess in life one has to do what he has to do.
legend
Egg
Egg

Post by legend »

Robbynice wrote:
Mudi E wrote:Pat Tillman wanted to be a hero. He did all these gra gra to be heroic. Many white boys like to do this. While he was killed, Bush, Chaney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz are smiling all the way to be bank in lucrative Oil deals and Halliburton's exploits.
Mudi E is VERY VERY OK.
Now tell me Robbynice are you OKAY? Do yourself a favour, turn off the silly FOX NEWS.
Apart from my usual Amodu rantings all in all. He has done very well and the laurels and records speak for itself - MI5

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157957
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Robbynice wrote:
a little thinking should have told the bobo what this war was all about, but then he is the type to be appointted as an oil exec at Halliburton at the end of the day.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
GDAY
Egg
Egg

Post by GDAY »

legend wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
Mudi E is VERY VERY OK.
Now tell me Robbynice are you OKAY? Do yourself a favour, turn off the silly FOX NEWS.

Legend and Mudi E.......where are you from????
and are you guys really ok?????
”The strength of the Team is each individual member. The Strength of each member is the Team.”
Phil Jackson..
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Jinn wrote:the question is...would they have gone if they had a $3.6M contract?
Jinn:

Leaving your wife/kids/ parents behind is worth MORE than $3.6 million dollars. Unfortunately, we as human beings have learned to see things only from the monetary aspect.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Robbynice wrote:
Robby:

R U Okay? Those that left their families behind are making less sacrifices in your eyes? Money is NOT everything! You should know better! Once again, may the souls of the departed rest in peace, but you guys' position is a SLAP in the face of ordinary hard-working folks who are also dying out there! EVERY life is sacred! It's people like you who think sportsmen are better than ordinary 9-5 folks just because they are paid millions @ the expense of viewers like yourself.
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

Well said....Chief!!!!