Where is Orji Uzor Kalu? Onye Asks From London"aka"

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

umelo14
Egg
Egg
Where is Orji Uzor Kalu? Onye Asks From London"aka"

Post by umelo14 »

It is unfortunate that I'm not in the position to elect Nigeria's President. If I were, Governor Orji Uzor Kalu would be our President and sports especially football will boom to high heavens."These were the words of ex-international, Kingsley Onye who called from London last night to congratulate Enyimba and governor of Abia state Orji Uzor Kalu for the CAF Champions League title.

Onye was so moved by the victory that his voice almost cracked as he sounded overwhelmed emotionally.

"You probably don't know how it feels," Onye shouted. "Nigeria had struggled and battled for this cup for years. I was among the players who played to win that cup. There were other great players before and after me. We couldn't win the cup. Now, Enyimba did. Governor Orji Uzor Kalu made it possible. He has reminded me of our days with Jim Nwobodo.Nwobodo did a lot for us to win that cup. I was playing for Rangers and Nwobodo was a great motivator. With his money and dedication, we tried and tried. The cup remained elusive. But with Orji the story changed. This is incredible. Where is the Orji Uzor Kalu? Does he know what he has done? This is incredible. With this, it means everything is possible.

Orji should be made everything in Nigeria. It is unfortunate that I'm not in a position to elect Nigeria's President. But you guys at home should do something and move our sports. Every governor should emulate Orji. President Obasanjo should emulate Orji. Nigerians should back Orji in the promotion of our football. I had opportunity of meeting him three times here in London and the man is football crazy. He reminded of Jim Nwobodo on those occasions that we met. He put in so much for Nigeria to win that cup. He can do a lot for Nigeria too, not just Abia State.I want Nigeria bigger in football. I just want to say big congratulations to the players for doing us proud. Nigerians here in London received the news with great joy. We are celebrating. People are still discussing it. It (the victory) should serve as a great momentum for the Super Eagles. I just spoke with Christian Chukwu. He called from Portugal and said that they have started training. I told him that they should play good football and imbibe the spirit of Enyimba. They can win if they are determined. They should have the spirit of Enyimba. That's it."
Obino14
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Let's make him Sports Minister
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Lets make him Abia State Governor.
So winning the CAF Champions league qualifies you to be president?
Have any of you visited Abia State? The only thing that works there is Enyimba and nothing else.. NO roads, no schools, no facilities, no workers salaries.
Would he run nigeria like that. Cut out the crap
Tempora101
Egg
Egg

Post by Tempora101 »

Without taking away anything from the achievement of Gov Kalu and Enyimba, we need to be careful about going down the road of not questioning the source of all these financing.

Gov Kalu claims he spent about 200 million naira of his own personal money to pursue the Enyimba title. I do no know how verifiable his source of independent wealth is, but I take it with a pinch of salt that it is not goverment money (directly or indirectly) that really should be providing social services to the people of Abia.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Uzor Kalu needs to be fired for mis-directing public funds.