News from Holland - Van Persie signs for Arsenal.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
News from Holland - Van Persie signs for Arsenal.

Post by Waffiman »

Out of Holland - Van Persie signs for Arsenal.

This is coming from a couple places. First, someone on the arsenal-land forum knows a guy on Reuters who say the deal is done.

There is this article from Hollland...

http://www.rotterdamsdagblad.nl/

Which has been translated below, by a real live Dutch person!

Van Persie til 2008 at Arsenal.

To replace Dennis Bergkamp in the future

Rotterdam: Robin van Persie will not go to PSV, but will play til 2008 in the shirt of Arsenal. The 20 year old Feyenoord forward has been negotiating in secret with the club, he hoped for since January, the last couple of days.

Feyenoord and Arsenal have an agreement about the transfer sum for the biggest talent the Stadionclub has brought.

Van Persie saw a direct transfer to Arsenal in the winterstop blocked, because the board of Feyenoord couldn’t agree a transfer fee with the board of the Gunners. Feyenoord asked almost €8 million three months ago for the player, who will be moving to London for about half of it. Arsenal then strengthened themselves with the Spanish striker Jose Antonio Reyes, but Van Persie already knew that the club, who have a chance of winning the title tomorrow (today), wouldn’t lose him out of sight.

The scouts of Arsenal kept following the player who landed on a sidetrack at Feyenoord. They were more and more convinced convinced of his qualities, although he didn’t have a first team spot in Rotterdam-Zuid anymore. Arsene Wenger gave the signal this week that Robin van Persie had to be transferred. Frenchman Sylvain Wiltord and ex Ajax player Nwankwo Kanu will lave. With Thierry Henry, Jose Reyes and Dennis Bergkamp they would only have three strikers for the two positions.

Van Persie will accompany the trio later on, where Wenger presumes the “Rotterdammer” will replace Dennis Bergkamp in the future, and can take his number 10 place.

If true, then Papillo is don at Highbury. Also, we have signed another quality young player. Its great to be a Gooner. :D :D :D :D
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

I don't know if this is true cos the media report recently here in Holland said that he would be going to PSV and that they were about to conclude the transaction with FEYENOORD. But Robin van Persie was not happy to go PSV, he wants to go ARSENAL cos he know that they are a much bigger club than PSV. If it is true that he signed to ARSENAL then it is good news b/c he is a talented player. :lol: :lol: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

When the professor said we will be much better next season, he sure knew what he was on about.
To stop trying is to start dying
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

I have seen him play.He'll be a great addition to the squad.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: News from Holland - Van Persie signs for Arsenal.

Post by theYemster »

Waffiman wrote: If true, then Papillo is don at Highbury.
Waffi, true or not is irrelevant.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lil Pele
Egg
Egg

Post by Lil Pele »

Fellow Gooners,

Where do you see him fitting in?

I know Bentley is going on loan next season, hopefully to another EPL club but where does this leave the likes of Aliadiere and Kanu.

I personally believe that if we lose Kanu this summer we will suffer, cos when Dennis retires we won't have anyone who can hold the ball up apart from Henry. I think this will eventually hurt us while playing away games in Europe where Kanu has always performed in the absence of Dennis. The likes of Reyes, Aliadiere, Van Persie are all too light-weight and young to lead the line in the absence of Henry.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Lil Pele wrote:Fellow Gooners,

Where do you see him fitting in?

I know Bentley is going on loan next season, hopefully to another EPL club but where does this leave the likes of Aliadiere and Kanu.

I personally believe that if we lose Kanu this summer we will suffer, cos when Dennis retires we won't have anyone who can hold the ball up apart from Henry. I think this will eventually hurt us while playing away games in Europe where Kanu has always performed in the absence of Dennis. The likes of Reyes, Aliadiere, Van Persie are all too light-weight and young to lead the line in the absence of Henry.
You make a good point, I also feel if Papi, Wiltord, Jeffers all leave we will be left with too many inexperienced young players. We do need an experienced player up front. Arsene knows so I am calm.

I believe Reyes will be awesome next season baring injuries.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
yaro maiwayo
Egg
Egg

Post by yaro maiwayo »

but i am not confident of the hauling of the strike force,because if kanu,wiltord,bentley leave,there might be no rhyme with the new players
and henry
hey hey hey
smoke weed everyday
take a stack a day
to keep the doctor away
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Is this Van Persie kid guy a REAL #9?

We already have WAY too many so-called "#9 1/2" types who want to make the killer pass, but not enough in the box. When the man-marking is tight and the action is phycial, they turn into wallflowers. Someone is needed who can get into the box and wrak some havoc when times get tough.