NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

leftee wrote:We'll beat both of them this time. Watch.
I like your confidence.
who no know go know.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Egypt has a good team. They even beat Sweden recently. But we will give them a good run for their money, if not a beating. Even if we come second in our group, we should still be ok. We don't fear anybody, especially in the knockout stage.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Please Cameroon will beat Egypt withtheir U-15 team.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

emir kongi wrote:Naija is not the same calibre nation as Senegal and Cam on or off the field. To expect Senegal to defeat naija is an insult to every naija. Cameroun on the other hand have managed to overachieve becos of their thuggery on the field. The fact is naija has better players and a richer soccer history.If Senegal beats naija i will gladly change my name from EMIR to Pastor KONGI,insha allah.
They beat us last ANC and made the final. They made the WC quarter finals, we didnt even make the 2nd round.
Why are you deluding yourself into thinking Senegal are not just as good, if not better than us? Let alone that they cant beat us?
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Cyber Saint wrote:I say NO
Nigeria has no reason to "respect" Cameroun. And I put the word "respect" in quotes b'cos it's being used in this forum to convey an attitude of fear. And we DO NOT have any cause to fear either Cameroun or Senegal.
The last time Cameroun beat us was during the time of Pa Oni....about 2 decades ago. And why in the world should Naija fear Senegal? Is it because they made it to the quarter finals of Japan/Korea? I don't think ANC 2002 proved anything at all.
So ya'll should take a seat and watch the game. I hate it when some ----- open his mouth and talk crap w/o any evidence (fact) to prove his point.

NONSENSE
Cybersaint:
Cameroun beat us at ANC 88 finals in Maroc 1-0
They also beat us 1-0 in Yaounde to qualify for Italy '90 (we had beaten them 2-0 in Ibadan, but they beat on when it mattered most).
In 1992, we beat them for a change to clinch the 3rd place at the ANC in Senegal.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

All things being equal,Good preparations,And NFA doing what they are supposed to do without bias, Nigeria will not be mentioned in the same
category as the rest in terms of football
I cant beleive there are people who stilll talk like this... I just want people to realize that gone are the days when Nigeria was the untouchable super power in African soccer...Egypt,Senegal ,Mali, cameroon are all teams that will give a Nigeria a run for thier money...
And i have already predicted that we will finish 3rd or 4th place...
And by the way in recent times i dont think NFA has ever prepared properly b4 a competition...so lack of preparation in a way is part of our preparation...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Cyber Saint wrote:I say NO
Nigeria has no reason to "respect" Cameroun. And I put the word "respect" in quotes b'cos it's being used in this forum to convey an attitude of fear. And we DO NOT have any cause to fear either Cameroun or Senegal.
The last time Cameroun beat us was during the time of Pa Oni....about 2 decades ago. And why in the world should Naija fear Senegal? Is it because they made it to the quarter finals of Japan/Korea? I don't think ANC 2002 proved anything at all.
So ya'll should take a seat and watch the game. I hate it when some ----- open his mouth and talk crap w/o any evidence (fact) to prove his point.

NONSENSE
CS! CS!! CS!! how many times did I call u? Not 2 stupid. I hope you're not having selective amnesia; or are u just a sucker for Cameroun inflicted pain? :D They beat us as recently as the 2000 edition of the ANC in Lagos. Please don't tell me it was dubious because all record indicated Cameroun winning the cup and there was no asterisk to that fact!

And if not at the senior level, they are still pestering us at all other levels; the just concluded AAG in abuja attested to that fact!

Arrognce sometimes is our biggest nemesis just like the Brits!
Feel free to disagree!
...but with God all things are possible...
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Nigeria respects everyone they play... they might overlook some countries.. but trust me neither Cameroon nor Senegal is a country Nigeria will overlook... but to expect Nigeria to be afraid of Cameroon or Senegal is total nonsense.... So some of you Cameroon fans need to chill with that BS. Ain't no love lost we we meet on the field ... and hopefully, we'll settle this thing on the field.
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Oga Green4life,

Where you dey these days now?

Nigeria does not have to fear Cameroon. As long as they give us some respect that is cool. Some of your brothers ignore our recent successes and still believe you are currently better than us. That's where I certainly disagree.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Blakes keep spewing the truth; people on this site makes the Camerounians look so sensible perhaps that's what they are! While we are deluding ourselves and can't see past our warped national fervor!

We have not prepared well, do not have the most capable hands managing the team or the administration of our football yet we expect the best!

It beats me how people think the way they do. No wonder smaller African countries are better able to provide electricity and other basic amenities while the self described giant of Africa wallow in abject poverty and total lack of the most basic ammenities!

It's scary that the forum reflects the bigger naija mentality: boasts and nothing else!

Cameroun have reasons to be boastful; yet are reserved. They understand every tournament is different and hardwok is required, while we think a mere assemblance of stars is the panacea to all our problems.

We'll never learn and a woeful outing is inevitably on the horizon!

My two kobo!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

Blakes, do not fear bashers, Ignore irrational and abusive responses, as I have always done and address the intelligent ones.

You should probably retitle the subject of this thread to "Nigeria is unlikely to beat Cameroon and Senegal". The word cannot is rather narrow. With the way our so called administrators have been running things since time immemorial the list of the teams we are unlikely to beat is set to grow to include Mali and Congo.

I know we are envious of the Cameroonians and Senegalese teams, as there's nothing as worse as an "HAS BEEN" but I seriously need to ask one question.

ARE SOME NIGERIANS SUFFERING FROM EXTREME JEALOUSY OF CAMEROON AND SENEGAL ?

Hmmmmmmmmm.
Last edited by GREENWHITEGREEN on Thu Jan 08, 2004 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

green4life wrote:Nigeria respects everyone they play... they might overlook some countries.. but trust me neither Cameroon nor Senegal is a country Nigeria will overlook... but to expect Nigeria to be afraid of Cameroon or Senegal is total nonsense.... So some of you Cameroon fans need to chill with that BS. Ain't no love lost we we meet on the field ... and hopefully, we'll settle this thing on the field.
G4L:
I don't think any of our players are scared of Cameroun albeit they respect them!

Most of the clowns here, on the other hand, will wet their pant when a fixture pairing Nigeria and Cameroun unravels but wouldn't mind spewing jargons now.

U know why? that's all we got before the real deals goes down; make mouth just before another a$$ whooping. After, all we hear is: "we wuz rubbed" :D :D

They say "if u can't beat them, join them!" We need to start doing whatever it is that they are doing!
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

I have a few Camerounian friends and after so many "we wuz rubbed" theory of mine, it became redundant. The fact that they beat us times and again regardless of the prevailing circumstance was undisputable!

So until we beat them we it matters, no bragging rights!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Blakes, do not fear bashers, Ignore irrational and abusive responses, as I have always done and address the intelligent ones.

You should probably retitle the subject of this thread to "Nigeria is unlikely to beat Cameroon and Senegal". The word cannot is rather narrow. With the way our so called administrators have been running things since time immemorial the list of the teams we are unlikely to beat is set to grow to include Mali and Congo.
Thanks for the advice but I stand by my "cannot". Maybe if i was reffering to mali,Egypt and congo as u stated i would have used the word "unlikely"... i think many of us feel the same way deep down but it's hard to face reality sometimes...
-Biggie
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

mlkama wrote:Oga Green4life,

Where you dey these days now?

Nigeria does not have to fear Cameroon. As long as they give us some respect that is cool. Some of your brothers ignore our recent successes and still believe you are currently better than us. That's where I certainly disagree.
My brother, where will you be watching the nations cup? There's nothing better than sitting in a room full of cameroonian faithfulls sitting at the edge of their seats, bitting their fingers, pulling their hairs, while the likes of Eto & Ndeifi are wasting sitters! :lol: ... I mean, you'll learn more Cameroonian curse words than you'd care to know within seconds. :lol: In any event, I really hope we get to play Cameroon in the Nations cup... simply put: It doesn't get any better than that in African football. :D
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I don't we think should be scared of Egypt. Mido cannot do all the work by himself. Did you not see Cameroon kick Dr. Congos's behind with Shabani Nonda in the field last ANC? However, i would like Nigeria to keep a close eye on Morocco than Cameroon. Believe me, Morrocco is one of the teams to beat in this tournament. I di fear those Casablanca boys them. I still think Kenya has a surprise package for everyone.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

geminikoat wrote:
green4life wrote:Nigeria respects everyone they play... they might overlook some countries.. but trust me neither Cameroon nor Senegal is a country Nigeria will overlook... but to expect Nigeria to be afraid of Cameroon or Senegal is total nonsense.... So some of you Cameroon fans need to chill with that BS. Ain't no love lost we we meet on the field ... and hopefully, we'll settle this thing on the field.
G4L:
I don't think any of our players are scared of Cameroun albeit they respect them!

Most of the clowns here, on the other hand, will wet their pant when a fixture pairing Nigeria and Cameroun unravels but wouldn't mind spewing jargons now.

U know why? that's all we got before the real deals goes down; make mouth just before another a$$ whooping. After, all we hear is: "we wuz rubbed" :D :D

They say "if u can't beat them, join them!" We need to start doing whatever it is that they are doing!
Geminikoat, the Nigerian fans that are disrespecting Cameroon or Senegal are not being real. Perhaps, it's the classic naija pride that prevents some naija fans from accepting the obvious: that Cameroon & Senegal are 2 countries we'll have a tough time dealing with.... and considering our usual shody preparations, it's going to be tough for us in the Nations cup this year. The key is to qualify to the knockout stages... after that, it's anyone's cup.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bamendaboy wrote:I don't we think should be scared of Egypt. Mido cannot do all the work by himself. Did you not see Cameroon kick Dr. Congos's behind with Shabani Nonda in the field last ANC? However, i would like Nigeria to keep a close eye on Morocco than Cameroon. Believe me, Morrocco is one of the teams to beat in this tournament. I di fear those Casablanca boys them. I still think Kenya has a surprise package for everyone.
I don't see Egypt causing Cameroon any serious headaches. Egypt has a good solid team, but I don't think their personnel matches up with that of the Cameroonians.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

i no send all of una, nigeria get every reason to fear cameroun full stop. those brothers have beaten us time and agin at virtuall y all levels and dem get better team than us.....if the situation was reversed eagles fans no go let us hear word....before any body start to attack me. i consider myself a die hard eagles fan,,,,but that dont mean i deny facts or am delusional.......based on records and achievements we still have points to prove compared to cameroun if you think of the potentials and resources we have at our disposal.......or you think say na by coincidence say the last time we won the ANC cameroun no qualify, meanwhile dem brush us on 3 out of 4 occassions wey dem win the thing.
give respect to whom it is due thoe brothers across bakassi be our husband 4 football.....u dont have to like or accept it but facts doont lie...and by the way my advise for eagles fans, walk the walk and not just the talk,,,,let your play earn you respect as it did in the past, brush the camerounians on the pitch and not on newspaper or internet fora and when dem hear any word wey start with NI or Super Eagl..... dem go pick race....PEACE
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

how about focussing on morocco, south africa and benin first? So many people wasting valuable time and energy over opponents we will not face if we fail to make it out of the group stage
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Because as fans we are looking at the worst-best case scenario...Not going past the group stage is not an option for nigeria..

Im happy to see peeps are keeping it real...that means the average expectation for Nigeria's performance is not that high...
we need to find a coach who is prepared to find and groom new talent b4 these other African countries leave us tooo far behind..
-Biggie
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Blakes , it is not a question of average expectation being high or low. Even when a team is the favorite, you focus on the matches you have at hand first. There is no point agonizing over senegal and cameroun now when we have to prepare for morocco, s.a and benin first! This holds for any team, be it Brazil, Germany or Ethiopia, Haiti
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Omonoba you are right, but u know the way we fans think... I can't imagine the eagles not going past the group stage...Its not an option for Nigeria...That would be way to painful...but i guess we are more confident about the teams in our group...those are teams we have whipped time and time again, but i cant say the same about senegal or cameroon...

U remind me of WC 98 when we were looking ahead to Brazil without considering Denmark...I hope the same sought of scenario doesn't happen again.