NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal

Post by theYemster »

Blakes wrote:NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal
Hopefully, we shouldn't have to beat them and some other team could do that for us.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

mlkama wrote:Emir,

See what we mean by respect? Not only do you insult us about goalposts. You have the cheek to say that you have a richer soccer history? Are you stupid or just plain dumb? I am sorry if I seem to be coming across too strongly but you leave me no choice.

Just what do you mean by richer soccer history? By winning some of those underage tournaments with over age players? At least we have won the senior ANC 4x compared to 2x for Nigeria. Keep that attitude up and we will see where that gets you.
Mlkama, I think you will find that most people on this site respects Cameroon imensely especially for the Stats that you just put out (Painful to see , but reality bites)..However I noticed that you dwell too much on those few who brag (not a bad thing) about Nigeria having richer history than Cameroon, not only that, you use them to further your argument that Nigerians don't respect Cameroon, meanwhile you ignore the countless of us who still believe that Cameroon are numero uno in Africa..all Im saying is keep things in perspective

That said, I think we need to focus on Benin, Morocco and South Africa first...If South Africa files out like they did in the World Cup, we are in for trouble. Morocco is always Morocco, they can be as sharp as a knife or as blunt as a plastic spoon. On the other hand is Benin, we are not known to take "small" teams seriously
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Ogwu-na-dozen and geminikoat

I won't call you guys names b'cos you two are few reasonable folks we've got here. I can only suggest that you guys read between the lines when reading my post.
It's no secret and I have declared it times without number, here on this forum, that I do not consider those two occasions we lost to Cameroun to be anything b'cos they were at best, phyrric victories for Cameroun.
You guys know as well as I do that Roger Milla's penalty was nothing short of a fraud. And I don't wanna get into Henry Nwosu's disallowed goal. As per the ANC 2000 issue, I'll let you guys be da judge of dat one.
Hence, as far as I am concerned, the last time we lost to Cameroun remains the ANC finals of '88 hosted by Cote d'Iviore (Ivory Coast).

Got it???
Last edited by Cyber Saint on Fri Jan 09, 2004 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I can't call you guys names b'cos the two of you are some of the few reasonable folks we've got here. But I'd suggest that you guys try to read between the lines when reading my post.
It's no secret that I've declared, times without number, here on this forum that I do not consider those two occasions we lost to Cameroun b'cos they were at best, pyrric victory for Cameroun.
You know as well as I do that Roger Milla's penalty was nothing short of a fruad. And I don't wanna get into Henry Nwosu's disallowed goal. I'll leave the ANC 2000 issue to you guys to judge.
Hence, as far as I am concerned, the last time we lost to Cameroun remains the ANC finals hosted by Cote d'Iviore (Ivory Coast).

thanks CS. that was what i was trying to tell that yeye beau dude that was making stupid boasts about cameroun some days back
bobbye
Egg
Egg

Post by bobbye »

I strongly believe that Nigeria does have not have the players to win the competition.Apart from Okacha we do not have superstars this time
ound .Unlike in the past we can boast of Amunieke,Amokachi,Findi Oliseh ikpeba etc. These days we have average and below average players who do not perform consistently with thier respective clubs. I'm absolutely amazed how we lost it so fast. Now mention Nigeria in world soccer nobody takes notice unlike few years ago. The worst of all Nigeria has below average goal keepers. Therefore the possiblity of winning the ANC championship is very far remote .Emotions apart, there is no way in the world nigeria will win the competition . Junks in junks out
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Mark my words, Nigeria would make it to the quarter finals.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

bamendaboy wrote:Mark my words, Nigeria would make it to the quarter finals.
Huh???
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

I strongly believe that Nigeria does have not have the players to win the competition.Apart from Okacha we do not have superstars this time
ound .Unlike in the past we can boast of Amunieke,Amokachi,Findi Oliseh ikpeba etc. These days we have average and below average players who do not perform consistently with thier respective clubs. I'm absolutely amazed how we lost it so fast. Now mention Nigeria in world soccer nobody takes notice unlike few years ago. The worst of all Nigeria has below average goal keepers. Therefore the possiblity of winning the ANC championship is very far remote .Emotions apart, there is no way in the world nigeria will win the competition . Junks in junks out

You are keeping it real my brother...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Cyber Saint just to show you don't know your facts. It was Morocco that hosted the 88 CAN not Cote D'Ivoire.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
mlkama
Egg
Egg

Post by mlkama »

Akamoke,

It is good to see reasonable folks like you as far as this matter is concerned. Believe me you are in the minority though.

Cybersaint for example is in complete denial about 88 and 2000. Maybe you can convince him that football is football. Sometimes the calls simply go against you. And to win, you must raise your game enough to do so inspite of the bad calls.
Waffiman wrote: PS: Milla couldn't hold a candle to Manga Onguene or Theophile "Docteur" Abega .
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Nigeria is winning the ANC and if that means beating Cameroon and Senegal, then so shall it be. PERIOD.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

bamendaboy wrote:Mark my words, Nigeria would make it to the quarter finals.
Your head dey house so??? :?
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

That's a good analysis of our finishes but a stupid way to conclude by saying we cannot beat the mentioned teams especially when you have no clue about their current form.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Well lets see if my prophecy willl come to pass...and if it does i will chop my fair share of humble pie..but if we lose....then i have all your names on this thread...
-Biggie
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I'm starting to see a pattern here> 94 ANC:NIgeria placed 1st, 2000 ANC:NIgeria placed 2nd, 2002 ANC Nigeria placed 3rd, 2004 ANC?

Dude..you are doing statistical mago mago...
Here are the full stats...

90 -- 2nd, 92--3rd, 94--1st
2000--2nd, 2002--3rd, 2004 --

Now do you see a pattern?
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Dude..you are doing statistical mago mago...
Here are the full stats...

90 -- 2nd, 92--3rd, 94--1st
2000--2nd, 2002--3rd, 2004 --

dont mind all that one i posted this b4 the tourney started..I was just looking for a reason to state my claim...but now i dont need one... :D
-Biggie
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

why can't we beat them. the team peole are sleeping on is Tunisia. We already know the fire of cameroon, naija, mali and senegal...Watch these guys turn the tournament into arabian nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

and when we took on cameroonian fire last we had our whole team...?
-Biggie
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

With 10 against 11 Absolutely No Way I garauntee defeat if Kanu Starts
We Loose pure and simple.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Chukwu If you watching this is your final warning.

Crosses are like Knife thru butter if we dont learn how to handle crosses
Geremi and company will bury us as they will have someome named Patrick Mboma waiting to get on the end of them and if he misses
Samuel Eto will clean up not like our strikers who are yet to score.

They are waiting for gifts from heaven likr the one Utaka was given today.
northAfrican
Egg
Egg

Post by northAfrican »

Weapons of Mass Disorganisation. That is how Nigeria will win the ANC.
What other nation can achieve as much as Nigeria did using Mass Disorganisation.
Song will be disorganised. Kameni will be disorganise. And that German organizer of theirs will be disorganised. He will be distracted by CCC saying Hey you Hey you all the time.
Disorganize this forum so that you can apprecaite the tactic.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

lol. Nigeria would win 3-0. End of story.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

On paper, it looks like Nigeria will be out on Sunday, and if I were forced to bet the house, that is where I would put my money. But the problem with Nigeria is that they are impossible to predict. They win when you expect them to lose, and lose or play terribly when you expect them to win big. If I were Cameroon, I'd be very afraid. Naija seems to be following the pattern of the 2000 ANC where they played up today and down tomorrow--the final with Cameroon was a down after the up in the semi final win over South Africa. Given that the contest so far has been down-up-down for Naija, they are due for an up game. It will certainly be interesting on Sunday.
Larry Ashagbe
Re: NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

theYemster wrote:
Blakes wrote:NIgeria cannot beat Cameroon or Senegal
Hopefully, we shouldn't have to beat them and some other team could do that for us.
If you want to win the cup, you have to be prepred to face anybody.

I am not sure we can beat Cameroon