Jay-Jay Okocha is Overated!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

theDunamis wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:In America its called d#$%-ryding,that all these people do.
You wud know yeah, wudn't u! :roll:

And Maka, really...whatever!! Give this line of pursuit up man. Even the UBA is fast repenting.
theDunamis as I have stated this is an objective upraisal of Jay-Jay. If you know anything about the UBA you will know that the word objective is alien to them.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Makanaky
Egg
Egg
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha is Overated!

Post by Makanaky »

naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

Even when you measure JJ's achievments against the likes of Ikpeba, Kanu and Oliseh he still comes up short.

I think too many people have been seduced by Okocha's party tricks.
What have u been smoking my friend?And u believe that Eto 'o is better than Okocha?. Keep on dreaming, Eto' o can only win this APOY cos the CAF is french and arab made team :x :( :?
Who mentioned Eto'o? In case you cannot read I am comparing Jay-Jay to other Nigerian greats. :x
But u r making the comparison cos the APOY award is just this week, so u r telling us the reason why Okocha cant read. By the way in naija English is our official language, and I can write, read and speak it very well more than u 8) , so am not having either reading or comprehension probs here. As long as u stick to english be rest assured that I will completely understand whatever u may write here. Besides I dont have visibility defects at all :twisted: :roll: .
For the record my English is better than yours but thats not the issue here. This debate has nothing to do with the APOY being this week. :P
Ok lets do a test: what does "koro koro" mean? :twisted: .
Also for the record I will never accept that ur English is better than mine since u cant speak pidgin :roll: .
I also think that Oman Biyik is head and shoulder above Eto' o+Djemba+Geremi+Lauren+Makanaky combined. :wink:
Please naija4ever if you want to open a thread about just how great those former IL's and current IL's are then please go ahead, but lets keep to the subject matter of this thread.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
homerjay
Egg
Egg

Post by homerjay »

Makanaky wrote:I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE
Try asking his FELLOW PROFESSIONALS who voted him in the TOP 5 players in the Premiership!
mblack76
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack76 »

1naija wrote and I quote

"Is this your best response to the "IS ROGER MILLA THE MOST OVER-RATED AFRICAN SOCCER LEGEND"? Okocha has achieved more as a footballer than Roger Milla could ever dream of. No body knew Rogger Milla until he became the Oldest man to score in a WC, and if old age is the only criteria to rate African legends, then we have a long way to go as a continent, footballwise. The fact is, outside Africa, Roger Milla achieved Zilch, so if anyone is overated, it is him!I would even Rate Mboma ahead of Roger Milla."

Ok Sir I see you use your fingers to think more than your brain. Here is a little something for you to reflect about the 'old' Milla who has acheived 'Zilch'

Roger Albert Milla aka 'Miller'
Won African golden ball in 1976
Milla won the French Cup with Monaco 1980 and Bastia 1981 (the Only player to have won the French cup with two different presidents)
Won Championship with St Etienne scoring 22 goals in 31 games
After scoring 152 goals in French League he retired on May 31, 1989 to the Reunion Island where he won the Championship with St Pierre 1990
Called back to help Cameroon in the world cup where he emerged one of the top 5 scorers of Italia 90.
Here is a summary
Playing career

Clubs:

1970-1973 Leopard Douala
1974-1977 Tonnerre Yaoundé
1977-1979 Valenciennes
1979-1980 Monaco
1980-1984 Bastia
1984-1986 Saint-Etienne
1986-1989 Montpellier

Club honours:

1972 Cameroon Champion (Leopard Douala)
1973 African Champions' Cup: Semi-final (Leopard Douala)
1974 Cameroon Cup winner (Tonnerre Yaoundé)
1976 African Cup Winners' Cup winner (Tonnerre Yaoundé)
1976 African Golden Ball winner
1980 French Cup winner (Monaco)
1981 French Cup winner (Bastia)
1987 French Division 2 winner (Montpellier)

International honours

1982 FIFA World Cup SpainTM; first round
1984 African Cup of Nations winner
1984 Top scorer at the African Cup of Nations (4 goals)
1984 Olympic Games; first round
1986 African Cup of Nations finalist
1986 Player of the tournament at the African Cup of Nations
1988 African Cup of Nations winner
1990 FIFA World Cup ItalyTM; quarter-finals
1994 FIFA World Cup USATM; first round

Well you already know what he has done in Africa so I should skip that and save some cyber space.
So can you tell me abit about JJ?
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Makanaky wrote:
theDunamis wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:In America its called d#$%-ryding,that all these people do.
You wud know yeah, wudn't u! :roll:

And Maka, really...whatever!! Give this line of pursuit up man. Even the UBA is fast repenting.
theDunamis as I have stated this is an objective upraisal of Jay-Jay. If you know anything about the UBA you will know that the word objective is alien to them.
Makanaky, I got the sense that objectivity was also lacking from your post when you said:
Makanaky wrote: I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

Even when you measure JJ's achievments against the likes of Ikpeba, Kanu and Oliseh he still comes up short.

The first assertion highlighted is nothing short of ridiculous. We (the objective ones) know that Jay Jay arguably deserved that award not only in 1998 but also in 2003 whatever else CAF said in the former and will say later this week. Aside, I strongly believe that the accolades Oga is getting from other sources will soon twist CAF's biased arms to accord him his "rights". If you truly believe that Jay Jay can only dream of the APOY, then u ,not Jay Jay, need to wake up.

Your second assertion is at least face-wise true, but as a part of the indices you attempt to use to make your point, it again falls short of the truth. Other great players have gone thru their careers not having the medals or trophys to back up their rating - 'Angel' Gabriel readily comes to mind - but that by no means renders their ability and contributions useless or over-rated - at least not in the minds of those who know. And if you have not figured it out, for me and people of like mind, there are indeed times when the stats (try hard as they may) do not always paint the true picture.

P.S. Do forgive me if I am sounding irked on this issue.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

mkizito76 wrote:1naija wrote and I quote

"Is this your best response to the "IS ROGER MILLA THE MOST OVER-RATED AFRICAN SOCCER LEGEND"? Okocha has achieved more as a footballer than Roger Milla could ever dream of. No body knew Rogger Milla until he became the Oldest man to score in a WC, and if old age is the only criteria to rate African legends, then we have a long way to go as a continent, footballwise. The fact is, outside Africa, Roger Milla achieved Zilch, so if anyone is overated, it is him!I would even Rate Mboma ahead of Roger Milla."

Ok Sir I see you use your fingers to think more than your brain. Here is a little something for you to reflect about the 'old' Milla who has acheived 'Zilch'

Milla won the French Cup with Monaco 1980 and Bastia 1981 (the Only player to have won the French cup with two different presidents)
After scoring 152 goals in French League he retired on May 31, 1989 to the Reunion Island where he won the Championship with St Pierre 1990
Called back to help Cameroon in the world cup where he emerged one of the top 5 scorers of Italia 90.
Here is a summary
Playing career

Clubs:

1970-1973 Leopard Douala
1977-1979 Valenciennes
1979-1980 Monaco
1980-1984 Bastia
1984-1986 Saint-Etienne
1986-1989 Montpellier

Club honours:

International honours

Well you already know what he has done in Africa so I should skip that and save some cyber space.
Mkizito76, this is not fair. You just *Nice Lady* slapped the guy who questioned Rogers Achievements. The guy will have a lot of balls if he has the nurves to come and add something to that. You forgot to add AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE CENTURY award. Hey CAF gave it to him, not me, so don't get mad at me.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

How many teams did the man play for? Talk about getting bounced around :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

ola34 wrote:The players you mentioned are great players in their own right. But Okocha is the greatest Nigerian player ever. I used to criticize him in the past when he used to dribble too much. Okocha of 2003-2004 has come a long way and plays mature football.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Outbloodyrageous!!! :x :x
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Is there something in the air thats making people post rubbish like this?
Makanaky wrote:I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Makanaky wrote: Hey I am trying to have a serious debate here. If you have nothing postive to say then just sssshhhhhhhhaarrrrrraaaaaaapppp!
Dodo by name, Dodo by nature.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)

Post by naija4ever »

bamendaboy wrote:

Here is a summary
Playing career

Clubs:

1970-1973 Leopard Douala
1977-1979 Valenciennes
1979-1980 Monaco
1980-1984 Bastia
1984-1986 Saint-Etienne
1986-1989 Montpellier

Club honours:

International honours

Mkizito76, this is not fair. You just *Nice Lady* slapped the guy who questioned Rogers Achievements. The guy will have a lot of balls if he has the nurves to come and add something to that. You forgot to add AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE CENTURY award. Hey CAF gave it to him, not me, so don't get mad at me.
French gave it to him. All these nonsense will only stop when those arabs and francos leave that place. Too much NEPOTISM and PREJUDICE there. Thats why Hadji(Arab) won ahead of jay jay in 1998, Diouf won over Kuffour cos of same reason. Now Eto' o whose club is struggling to avoid relegation who also scored just one goal even though he was the much talked about striker there would also win it this year probably. All these CHEATINGS and MANOUVREINGS will come to past one day :x :) :?
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

bamendaboy wrote:

Here is a summary
Playing career

Clubs:

1970-1973 Leopard Douala
1977-1979 Valenciennes
1979-1980 Monaco
1980-1984 Bastia
1984-1986 Saint-Etienne
1986-1989 Montpellier

Club honours:

International honours

AFRICAN PLAYER OF THE CENTURY indeed, anyway who would be surprissed when he undeservedly got it cos of his franco stuffs :evil: :x :? . All these nonsense will only stop when those arabs and francos leave that place. Too much NEPOTISM and PREJUDICE there. Thats why Hadji(Arab) won ahead of jay jay in 1998, Diouf won over Kuffour cos of same reason. Now Eto' o whose club is struggling to avoid relegation who also scored just one goal even though he was the much talked about striker there would also win it this year probably. All these CHEATINGS and MANOUVREINGS will come to past one day :x :) :?
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:

What have u been smoking my friend?And u believe that Eto 'o is better than Okocha?. Keep on dreaming, Eto' o can only win this APOY cos the CAF is french and arab made team :x :( :?
Who mentioned Eto'o? In case you cannot read I am comparing Jay-Jay to other Nigerian greats. :x
But u r making the comparison cos the APOY award is just this week, so u r telling us the reason why Okocha cant read. By the way in naija English is our official language, and I can write, read and speak it very well more than u 8) , so am not having either reading or comprehension probs here. As long as u stick to english be rest assured that I will completely understand whatever u may write here. Besides I dont have visibility defects at all :twisted: :roll: .
For the record my English is better than yours but thats not the issue here. This debate has nothing to do with the APOY being this week. :P
Ok lets do a test: what does "koro koro" mean? :twisted: .
Also for the record I will never accept that ur English is better than mine since u cant speak pidgin :roll: .
I also think that Oman Biyik is head and shoulder above Eto' o+Djemba+Geremi+Lauren+Makanaky combined. :wink:
Please naija4ever if you want to open a thread about just how great those former IL's and current IL's are then please go ahead, but lets keep to the subject matter of this thread.
Yes I would like to open a thread about how they all SUCKED In to to :? :( :lol: :D :shock:

mystic wrote: