Jay-Jay Okocha is Overated!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Makanaky
Egg
Egg
Jay-Jay Okocha is Overated!

Post by Makanaky »

I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

Even when you measure JJ's achievments against the likes of Ikpeba, Kanu and Oliseh he still comes up short.

I think too many people have been seduced by Okocha's party tricks.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

men stick to supporting pinafo wearing puss!es
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

You must be in another world. Welcome back to planet earth. Okocha of 2004 overrated??? :x :x :? :? :? :shock: :shock: :shock: :o :o :o
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
naija4ever
Egg
Egg
Location: Latitude 14' 40 N Longitude 90' 31 W(Nollywood 4Ever)
Re: Jay-Jay Okocha is Overated!

Post by naija4ever »

Makanaky wrote:I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

Even when you measure JJ's achievments against the likes of Ikpeba, Kanu and Oliseh he still comes up short.

What have u been smoking my friend?And u believe that Eto 'o is better than Okocha? Eto' o was once talking about how he would like to still play for real maldrid instead of helping his relegation bound team fight. He is still dreaming too cos real doesnt need him :? 8) . Keep on dreaming, Eto' o can only win this APOY cos the CAF is french and arab made team :x :( :?
Last edited by naija4ever on Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Dodo wrote:men stick to supporting pinafo wearing puss!es
Hey I am trying to have a serious debate here. If you have nothing postive to say then just sssshhhhhhhhaarrrrrraaaaaaapppp!
Dodo by name, Dodo by nature.
Nkono, Kunde, Massing, Tataw, Ebwelle , Pagal,Mbida, Mfede, Mbouh,Makanaky,Kana-Biyik,Oman-Biyik, Ekeke, Milla,.....Too Strong to be Intimidated, Too Stong to be defeated! Indomitable!!!! Marc Viven-Foe R.I.P!!!
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:I honestly don't understand why Okocha is held in such high regard by so many on CE, ahead of such amazing talents as Daniel Amokachi,Finidi George(in his Prime), Rashidi Yekini, Emmanul Ammunike(Both former APOY's a feat JJ can only dream of). I will admit to admiring JJ's party tricks, and freekicks( who can forget that freekick against the IL's or the one he scored for Bolton in the EPL) but he gets too many props here. While Nigerian greats such as the ones I have mentioned above don't get their proper dues.

What have u been smoking my friend?And u believe that Eto 'o is better than Okocha?. Keep on dreaming, Eto' o can only win this APOY cos the CAF is french and arab made team :x :( :?
Who mentioned Eto'o? In case you cannot read I am comparing Jay-Jay to other Nigerian greats. :x
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

The players you mentioned are great players in their own right. But Okocha is the greatest Nigerian player ever. I used to criticize him in the past when he used to dribble too much. Okocha of 2003-2004 has come a long way and plays mature football.

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:

What have u been smoking my friend?And u believe that Eto 'o is better than Okocha?. Keep on dreaming, Eto' o can only win this APOY cos the CAF is french and arab made team :x :( :?
Who mentioned Eto'o? In case you cannot read I am comparing Jay-Jay to other Nigerian greats. :x
But u r making the comparison cos the APOY award is just this week, so u r telling us the reason why Okocha cant read. By the way in naija English is our official language, and I can write, read and speak it very well more than u 8) , so am not having either reading or comprehension probs here. As long as u stick to english be rest assured that I will completely understand whatever u may write here. Besides I dont have visibility defects at all :twisted: :roll: .
Schillachi wrote:Thanks Ghana. I hope this defeat will forever cure us of our colonial mentality when it comes to Coaches...

mystic wrote:
Now, we can criticise CCC for this, that and the other - some of which is warranted, and some of which is complete hogwash. But, in my view, these are the prinicipal areas in which he has been a disappointment.
All the same, I salute Christian Chukwu for his efforts, his selflessness and his hard work. He has served his country to the best of his ability. The predicament that we are in, right now, is not soley of his making and we should all keep that in mind.

The two players are in different worlds. Ade is too young to be compared to Kanu. Kanu has been around and has raked in laurels upon laurels. If he is not scoring, he is assisting; and if he is not, he is entertaining ... one of the finest players in the world. Please for past times, compare Kanu to Brazilian Socrates..bbc606
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

naija4ever, You read in between the lines.

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Makanaky wrote:
Hey I am trying to have a serious debate here. If you have nothing postive to say then just sssshhhhhhhhaarrrrrraaaaaaapppp!
a debate? please man, u just want to continue in ur useless and outdated bashing of the maestro. if all u can see in JJ's game is party tricks and free kicks then i suggest glasses or laser surgery to correct ur koro koro eyes.

Punk #$% pinafo loving skid mark appreciation muppet
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

ola34 wrote:The players you mentioned are great players in their own right. But Okocha is the greatest Nigerian player ever. I used to criticize him in the past when he used to dribble too much. Okocha of 2003-2004 has come a long way and plays mature football.
Seriously Ola34 can you really compare JJ with Yeking in his Prime, or even the attacking flair of the Bull or the marauding runs of Ammunike? Is it any surprise that Nigeria's most glorious period was when these guys where permanent fixtures in the Super Eagles(where JJ was a bit part player).
Last edited by Makanaky on Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:

But u r making the comparison cos the APOY award is just this week, so u r telling us the reason why Okocha cant read. By the way in naija English is our official language, and I can write, read and speak it very well more than u 8) , so am not having either reading or comprehension probs here. As long as u stick to english be rest assured that I will completely understand whatever u may write here. Besides I dont have visibility defects at all :twisted: :roll: .
For the record my English is better than yours but thats not the issue here. This debate has nothing to do with the APOY being this week. :P
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

The emboldened part answers your question!
I'll take Finidi, Amo and Amunike in my team anyday before picking entertainer extraodinaire :D
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Dodo wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
a debate? please man, u just want to continue in ur useless and outdated bashing of the maestro. if all u can see in JJ's game is party tricks and free kicks then i suggest glasses or laser surgery to correct ur koro koro eyes.

Punk #$% pinafo loving skid mark appreciation muppet
I see that omey2k4 is not the only CE who is prone to immature outbursts. :lol:
I am trying to have an objective appraisal of the 2004 Jay-Jay against the other greats at the peak of their careers. I am sorry if you feel I am bashing him.
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

I'll take Finidi, Amo and Amunike in my team anyday before picking entertainer extraodinaire :D
Chief Ogbunigwe this thread has not been opened to bash Jay-Jay but to honestly compare him against other Nigerian greats without any hidden agendas. :P
naija4ever
Egg
Egg

Post by naija4ever »

Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:
Makanaky wrote:
naija4ever wrote:

For the record my English is better than yours but thats not the issue here. This debate has nothing to do with the APOY being this week. :P
Ok lets do a test: what does "koro koro" mean? :twisted: .
Also for the record I will never accept that ur English is better than mine since u cant speak pidgin :roll: .
I also think that Oman Biyik is head and shoulder above Eto' o+Djemba+Geremi+Lauren+Makanaky combined. :wink:

mystic wrote:

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Makanaky wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:

Chief Ogbunigwe this thread has not been opened to bash Jay-Jay but to honestly compare him against other Nigerian greats without any hidden agendas. :P
Maka:

you are too troublesome. I agree with your opinion, but you had to be biased against me :lol: :lol: :lol:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

In America its called d#$%-ryding,that all these people do.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Is this your best response to the "IS ROGER MILLA THE MOST OVER-RATED AFRICAN SOCCER LEGEND"? Okocha has achieved more as a footballer than Roger Milla could ever dream of. No body knew Rogger Milla until he became the Oldest man to score in a WC, and if old age is the only criteria to rate African legends, then we have a long way to go as a continent, footballwise. The fact is, outside Africa, Roger Milla achieved Zilch, so if anyone is overated, it is him! I would even Rate Mboma ahead of Roger Milla.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

omey2k4 wrote:In America its called d#$%-ryding,that all these people do.
You wud know yeah, wudn't u! :roll:

And Maka, really...whatever!! Give this line of pursuit up man. Even the UBA is fast repenting.
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
ivanuche
Egg
Egg

Post by ivanuche »

Makanaky wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
They used to say Muhammad Ali could float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. Arsenal swim with the grace of a dolphin — and bite like a shark. The GREAT Brian Clough. viewtopic.php?t=18273

If you're having girl problems i feel sorry for u son,i gat 99 problems but da *Nice Lady* aint one !

http://www.brazzil.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7162 BLACK BEAUTIES !
http://www.ypforum.org/nigeria2002
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I don't know why some people have trouble understanding a simple question. What did the question have to do with Roger Milla, or Omam Biyick and co? Man! People have issues in this world.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Makanaky
Egg
Egg

Post by Makanaky »

1naija wrote:

Is this your best response to the "IS ROGER MILLA THE MOST OVER-RATED AFRICAN SOCCER LEGEND"? Okocha has achieved more as a footballer than Roger Milla could ever dream of. No body knew Rogger Milla until he became the Oldest man to score in a WC, and if old age is the only criteria to rate African legends, then we have a long way to go as a continent, footballwise. The fact is, outside Africa, Roger Milla achieved Zilch, so if anyone is overated, it is him! I would even Rate Mboma ahead of Roger Milla.
Bushman can you read? I am comparing Okocha to other Nigerian greats! Where did Milla come from?