Twista

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Twista

Post by bamenda boy »

anybody feeling that song like i am? I mean, the guy has resurrected that fast rap thing. I thought it went out of fasion. That is whay i used to love Bone Thugs and harmony for. The twista Song is really tight. You guys feeling it?
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Twista has been arround forever..just never hit it big...i think his first album came out in 96...he may have even had one before that..secondly...Twista's recent succes can largely be attributed to kanye West who produced both of his singles."slow jam" and "overnight celebrity"...but the rest of his album is nothing new...just the same old twista that has been arround forever....
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Twista has been around for a while..yes he did have a CD back then in 96 that was a regional success..Matter of fact, back then it was Twista and the Speednot Mobstas..then he kicked it briefly with that group Do or Die..they sang PO PIMP( that song was a club banger back then in like 97/98. I think signing with Rocafella and rapping on that "champions" song really gave him all the buzz he has carried into the current album. The guy dey Guiness book of records sef..
Last edited by Jimi on Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I like that his overnite celebrity song. it is tight. I thought Twista was part of Rockafella records. I like he style. I think his recent albulm will make it big. Them bros should keep bringing it up.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
est
Egg
Egg

Post by est »

yeah i aslo thought he signed to rocafella a couple of years ago :?:
best in naija hip-hop http://www.eldinerorecords.com
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

est wrote:yeah i aslo thought he signed to rocafella a couple of years ago :?:
yeah he is with Rocafella..he signed with them right before that "champions" song on the jay z CD ) blue print II
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

What song are we talking about here?

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

"Celebrity overnite." or is it "overnite celebrity"?
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Oh the one with Kanye West! That song is, how do you Americans call it, the bomb!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

Twista's style is unique but I don't particularly like his fast style of rapping.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Twistas 1st Album was released in 1992,Tung Twista was way fater than today.Anyway without the strenght of Slow Jambz and Overnite Celebrity,Twista Album can still dovery well.Majority of the songs on Kamikaze could pass for commercial singles.Adrenaline Rush was another good Album by Twista.His Album is close to hitting double platinum so thats a very good thing for Twista.He was patient enough now its paying off,from 1992-2004 it aint easy.Just gotta give him props for finally making that hit single.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

I also forgot to tell U guys that Twista is not signed to Rocafella.Damien Dash has been trying to sign him for a long time but nothing happened.He is still with Atlantic Records and just keeps Rocafella as family.I dont know why Dash chained Twista on a tour.He put a Roc-A-Fella chain on Teistas neck which signifies nothing becuz Twistas deal is with Atlantic records.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

By the way Omey2k..Dre is still dropping the Detox CD at the end of this year.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »