Kudos to this Malawian

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rogermilla
Egg
Egg
Kudos to this Malawian

Post by Rogermilla »

I hope this will open the door to other African born coaches. It is nice to read news like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 656269.stm

Danes hire Malawian coach

By Aubrey Sumbuleta
BBC Sport, Blantyre

Eddingtone Ng'onamo is a former manager of Malawi's national team

Former Malawi national team coach Eddingtone Ng'onamo is to manage Danish second division side Aik 65 Stroby.

The coach has accepted the offer of a three-month contract as technical director and has already resigned as coach of Telecom Wanderers, Malawi's second largest club.

Among other roles, Ng'onamo expects to lead and direct the current coaches for Aik 65 Stroby's senior and junior sides.

The Malawian will also conduct coaching courses as well as direct technical and tactical training for the side.

Ng'onamo becomes the first Malawian to manage a European club and feels the move represents a breakthrough in his coaching career.

"I am excited that I have been offered this challenging job in Europe where football is competitive," he said.

The coach said the club has offered him a lucrative renewable contract which he cannot afford to miss.

"Apart from a better salary, the club has also offered me, among other benefits, a fully-furnished house, a car, medical aid, insurance and free food," he said.

Ng'onamo said the deal had been facilitated by former Malawi national team Danish coach Kim Splidsboel, with Aik 65 Sogby hunting for a technical director following their poor season.

Ng'onamo was assistant coach to Splidsboel during the Dane's two-year stay in Malawi.

Denmark's league finishes in July, whereupon Ng'onamo's performance and contract is expected to be reviewed.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Rogermilla, give praise to CCC aswell. He has a £4.50ph boot cleaning job at Kidderminster Harriers ready and waiting for when he finally removes his claws from the buttocks of Nigerian football.
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!

Post by AreaStarr »

Eagle Winged wrote:Rogermilla, give praise to CCC aswell. He has a £4.50ph boot cleaning job at Kidderminster Harriers ready and waiting for when he finally removes his claws from the buttocks of Nigerian football.
EW I am no CCC fan but thats brutal. :lol:
AreaStarr
Egg
Egg
Location: By the Bar as usual hand full of liquor puffing on a sweet swisher!
Re: Kudos to this Malawian

Post by AreaStarr »

Rogermilla wrote:I hope this will open the door to other African born coaches. It is nice to read news like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 656269.stm

Danes hire Malawian coach

By Aubrey Sumbuleta
BBC Sport, Blantyre

Eddingtone Ng'onamo is a former manager of Malawi's national team

Former Malawi national team coach Eddingtone Ng'onamo is to manage Danish second division side Aik 65 Stroby.

The coach has accepted the offer of a three-month contract as technical director and has already resigned as coach of Telecom Wanderers, Malawi's second largest club.

Among other roles, Ng'onamo expects to lead and direct the current coaches for Aik 65 Stroby's senior and junior sides.

The Malawian will also conduct coaching courses as well as direct technical and tactical training for the side.

Ng'onamo becomes the first Malawian to manage a European club and feels the move represents a breakthrough in his coaching career.

"I am excited that I have been offered this challenging job in Europe where football is competitive," he said.

The coach said the club has offered him a lucrative renewable contract which he cannot afford to miss.

"Apart from a better salary, the club has also offered me, among other benefits, a fully-furnished house, a car, medical aid, insurance and free food," he said.

Ng'onamo said the deal had been facilitated by former Malawi national team Danish coach Kim Splidsboel, with Aik 65 Sogby hunting for a technical director following their poor season.

Ng'onamo was assistant coach to Splidsboel during the Dane's two-year stay in Malawi.

Denmark's league finishes in July, whereupon Ng'onamo's performance and contract is expected to be reviewed.
2nd division? Thats nothing to celebrate I would be more impressed if he was taking charge of a Danish Premier division side.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

This report is absolute rubbish even PM news would have been embarassed to Publish this.

Enugu II had already posted this item and like I said there the reporter failed to the check most basic the facts of this story. There is no club called Aik 65 Stroby or Aik 65 Sogby (or whatever else he chooses to call it) in the Danish 2nd Division.

See
http://www.rsssf.com/tablesd/den2-04.html
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

AreaDaddy wrote:This report is absolute rubbish even PM news would have been embarassed to Publish this.

Enugu II had already posted this item and like I said there the reporter failed to the check most basic the facts of this story. There is no club called Aik 65 Stroby or Aik 65 Sogby (or whatever else he chooses to call it) in the Danish 2nd Division.

See
Apart from that, it is not true that he will be the first African to coach in Europe, I believe one of Cameroun's WC goalies once coached in Russia
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

furiously frank wrote:
AreaDaddy wrote:This report is absolute rubbish even PM news would have been embarassed to Publish this.

See
Apart from that, it is not true that he will be the first African to coach in Europe, I believe one of Cameroun's WC goalies once coached in Russia
Nkono is the goalkeeper coach for Espanyol Barcelona.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
AgentFifa
Egg
Egg

Post by AgentFifa »

There is a club 65...in 2. or 3.division