Why 1Naija Refuses To Give Milla Props!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Why 1Naija Refuses To Give Milla Props!

Post by YUJAM »

Sorry for doing this to my brothers.

Occasion: 1984 ANC Final

First 15 minutes: A Green Eagles team coached by Pa Oni (Yes in some schools he is known as an Archaic Dinosaur) Nigeria attack and attack in true British kick and rush style. They were led by man like Keshi, Yekini, Chibuzor, and Nwosu. Cameroon on the ropes and Eagles' early dominance was punctuated with a fine goal by Henry Nwosu.

After 15 minutes: The devastation starts as the the Indomitable Lions led by the great Roger Milla start taking it big time to the Eagles. Even the magnificent Keshi and his often no-nonsense partner in central defense could not stem this tide. They could not control the Millas, Kunde Emmanuels and Ebongues of the time.

Conclusion: A thorough whupping of the Green Eagles was punctuated by an Ebongue blast that literally tore thru Rufai's net. Milla held of Keshi and laid on a Pele like pass that broke my heart at the time.

Result: I am of the opinion that 1Naija was a young buck back then who was stricken by the devastation unleashed by the great Milla that he is psychologically scarred by the events of the day.

Does it not make sense now that our dear 1Naija is so quick to downplay Milla's achievements?
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

yawnnnnnnnnnn.............when will your Gambian team even smell the competition talk less of making it to the finals :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Chei, SUFFERATION! 8)
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Anikulapo:
Are you scarred too? :lol: :lol: That game certainly hurt me .
anikulapo wrote:yawnnnnnnnnnn.............when will your Gambian team even smell the competition talk less of making it to the finals :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :P :P
Mankinka
Egg
Egg
Re: Why 1Naija Refuses To Give Milla Props!

Post by Mankinka »

That has to be it Yujam because I just don't see how any AFRICAN in their right minds can say Milla was over-rated unless he is of course trying to wind up the CE Cameroonian Mafia in which case its mission accomplished. :lol:
YUJAM wrote:Sorry for doing this to my brothers.

First 15 minutes: A Green Eagles team coached by Pa Oni (Yes in some schools he is known as an Archaic Dinosaur) Nigeria attack and attack in true British kick and rush style. They were led by man like Keshi, Yekini, Chibuzor, and Nwosu. Cameroon on the ropes and Eagles' early dominance was punctuated with a fine goal by Henry Nwosu.

After 15 minutes: The devastation starts as the the Indomitable Lions led by the great Roger Milla start taking it big time to the Eagles. Even the magnificent Keshi and his often no-nonsense partner in central defense could not stem this tide. They could not control the Millas, Kunde Emmanuels and Ebongues of the time.

Conclusion: A thorough whupping of the Green Eagles was punctuated by an Ebongue blast that literally tore thru Rufai's net. Milla held of Keshi and laid on a Pele like pass that broke my heart at the time.

Result: I am of the opinion that 1Naija was a young buck back then who was stricken by the devastation unleashed by the great Milla that he is psychologically scarred by the events of the day.

Does it not make sense now that our dear 1Naija is so quick to downplay Milla's achievements?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Brother:
It was a severe beating led by none other than Milla! 8)

Very few on this forum are not touched by the traumatic events of the day!

I have been on this forum for over 5 yrs and that topic aint touched all too often!
Mankinka wrote:That has to be it Yujam because I just don't see how any AFRICAN in their right minds can say Milla was over-rated unless he is of course trying to wind up the CE Cameroonian Mafia in which case its mission accomplished. :lol:

Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

As traumatic as watching my beloved Chipolopolo being edged out by the Super Eagles in Tunisia1994? I don't think so Yujam.
YUJAM wrote:Brother:
It was a severe beating.

Mankinka wrote:That has to be it Yujam because I just don't see how any AFRICAN in their right minds can say Milla was over-rated unless he is of course trying to wind up the CE Cameroonian Mafia in which case its mission accomplished. :lol:

anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Yujam, you are talking of a young Nigerian team that was built around fresh recruits out of the Flying Eagles and all the other players were mainly NNB and bank and were neophytes at the senior international level, yet fought and clawed their way to the finals against a seasoned and veteran Cameroonian squad.

I find no shame or pain in that........Fast forward to 1988 and you see how Nigeria dominated that game against Cameroun only to be denied by a dubious penalty award given to Milla on a dive that would have made Greg Louganis proud
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

I watched the game with my two korokoro eyes.

It was whupping of immense proportions! Ebongue's blast punctutated a very traumatic experience for most fans!
Mankinka wrote:As traumatic as watching my beloved Chipolopolo being edged out by the Super Eagles in Tunisia1994? I don't think so Yujam.
It was a severe beating.

Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Mankinka wrote:As traumatic as watching my beloved Chipolopolo being edged out by the Super Eagles in Tunisia1994? I don't think so Yujam.
It was a severe beating.

Did you say edged out?..you better sharrap there my friend! You are lucky Yekini and Amuneke did not spell Zambia on that day! How dare you? Yekini was virtually wrestled to the ground anytime he touched the ball..and you have the nerve to say edged out..chei, Naija football do chop stroking sha..

As for Yujam, Cameroon was lucky on that day..need I add bad reffing to our woes that day too?
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

By the way, makinka if you need to see that 94 spanking again go to www.sportsafrica.tv :D
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

1naija likes to be controversial .That can be the only explanation for his post :D
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Bad reffing, eh? :shock:
Jimi wrote:
It was a severe beating.

Did you say edged out?..you better sharrap there my friend! You are lucky Yekini and Amuneke did not spell Zambia on that day! How dare you? Yekini was virtually wrestled to the ground anytime he touched the ball..and you have the nerve to say edged out..chei, Naija football do chop stroking sha..

As for Yujam, Cameroon was lucky on that day..need I add bad reffing to our woes that day too?
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

YUJAM wrote:Bad reffing, eh? :shock:
Jimi wrote:
It was a severe beating.

ok..Cameroon did their thing :x but we all know the refs have assisted Cameroon more times than once in some of the ANC finals we have been matched up with them.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Yujam, i'm curious . If u saw the Maroc '88 final, what did u think about the cameroon penalty and the disallowed Nwosu goal? Don't worry I won't jump on you :twisted: , just want to hear your thoughts on these 2 incidents
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

omonoba wrote:Yujam, i'm curious . If u saw the Maroc '88 final, what did u think about the cameroon penalty and the disallowed Nwosu goal? Don't worry I won't jump on you :twisted: , just want to hear your thoughts on these 2 incidents
I am pretty sure he will plead the fifth on both counts..
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Jimi you need to watch that game again. I will say it again Nigeria edged us out 2-1! It was a close game any neutral observer will tell you that!
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

Jimi wrote:

This is some funny $@#% man. With how small our players were/are how the hell are they going to wrestle Yekini to the ground? :lol: :lol:
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Omonoba:
That was pure daylight robbery.

The Eagles played very well in that game and the Nwosu goal ( a fine one at that) was legit. Adeshina Ademola I thought was the man (or did he play in 90)

I distinctly remember that Milla's pk was bogus!
omonoba wrote:Yujam, i'm curious . If u saw the Maroc '88 final, what did u think about the cameroon penalty and the disallowed Nwosu goal? Don't worry I won't jump on you :twisted: , just want to hear your thoughts on these 2 incidents
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

well, yujam, if u're sucessful in getting a cameroonian to admit that please let me know! I've said the same thing to my cameroonian friends and they say i'm being bitter
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

omonoba wrote:well, yujam, if u're sucessful in getting a cameroonian to admit that please let me know! I've said the same thing to my cameroonian friends and they say i'm being bitter
omonoba just like a Nigerian will admit Cameroon where deserving winners in Nigeria-Ghana 2000. :lol: :lol:
Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

Mankinka wrote:
Jimi wrote:

This is some funny $@#% man. With how small our players were/are how the hell are they going to wrestle Yekini to the ground? :lol: :lol:
Good question..the guy had like three guys disgracefully tugging and wrestling him anytime he touched the ball..
Mankinka
Egg
Egg

Post by Mankinka »

3 players ? :lol: :lol: :lol: Its funny how we all remember different things from the same game.
Jimi wrote:
Mankinka wrote:
Jimi wrote:

Good question..the guy had like three guys disgracefully tugging and wrestling him anytime he touched the ball..