Milan snap up Davids

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kaycee2g
Milan snap up Davids

Post by kaycee2g »

Milan snap up Davids - report Wednesday 21 April, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barcelona ace Edgar Davids has reportedly agreed to return to former club Milan in the summer.

Rumours in Italy allege that the Dutchman flew into Milan yesterday for talks with the Rossoneri.

The Italian giants have admitted that they are keen on the player and it is alleged that an agreement has been reached.

The international will sign a three-year contract with the San Siro outfit worth around ¢G2.3m a season.

Davids was also wanted by Inter but he has opted to join Milan ¡V a club that has a track record of winning.

The player, who is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, will be a free agent in the summer.

The Spanish club have stated that they want to keep hold of him but he seems to have already made up his mind.

No official announcement has been made but it is believed that his arrival will be confirmed at the end of the season.

Davids had an unhappy stint with the Rossoneri after his 1996 move from Ajax. However, he was sold to Juventus in December 1997 and proved to be a key signing.

Davids excelled in Turin under boss Marcello Lippi and then Carlo Ancelotti ¡V the man he should now be working with again next season.

channel4

Channel 4 has claimed that Milan has signd Edgar, but i really think its not true. I know he is talking with Inter and Chelsea, so lets see were he goes
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Why? I dont understand this move. Milan have Davids, Seedorf and Gattuso in midfield which essentially means that David does not have a starting place.

Davids should stay with Barca but I know that money talks too!
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

yujam, i'm surprised. I would have thought barca can match any offer milan make. Davids is doing really well in Barcelona and pretty much has a guaranteed shirt, why waste that?
ola34
Egg
Egg

Post by ola34 »

I don't understand these coaches and the teams sometimes, because they make very dumb decisions. Why let go of him.
1. Always a fan of good football

2. ".........there really should be some folks that any decent person should not be associated with -- even if desperation makes strange bedfellows." - Gotti
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

If Davids leaves Barca, that cookie will crumble one more.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
kaycee2g

Post by kaycee2g »

Yujam, do u think Pirlo, Seedorf or Gattusso can hold a candle to Davids????
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

I will be really surprised if David returns to Italy. He has regained his form and status in Barca and is the main reason behind their resurgence, so why mess with a good thing............Unless there are some things going on in his head that are certainly not good for him
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Barca should do what it takes to keep Davids. Why would he go to Milan again. He had bad experiences there the last time he played there. Hmm money talks..
Soldier of Fortune...
Decky
Egg
Egg

Post by Decky »

MI5 wrote:Barca should do what it takes to keep Davids. Why would he go to Milan again. He had bad experiences there the last time he played there. Hmm money talks..

M15, i quit agree with u. The dude should better stay back in Barca.
What's the difference between school & life?
In school, you are taught a lesson and given a test.
In life, you are given a test that teaches you a lesson.

A genius is made of 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

MI5 wrote:Barca should do what it takes to keep Davids. Why would he go to Milan again. He had bad experiences there the last time he played there. Hmm money talks..
I can't believe that I am actually agreeing with MI5 on something. :P You are spot on.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

You must realise that Players are human beings.The issue will ultimately boil down to cash.Can Barca match/improve what milan is offering?

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

It is true it is all about dough. It is all about who is ready to pay highest. So you see my bros if Barca is not ready to pay higher than Milan then he goes to Milan. But he should also take into consideration that he may get a set back there like Rivaldo after all he was there before and had bad experience there. I believe he know what is good for him. Success to him. :lol: :lol: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

hmm, very surprising..... though i dont think it'll be a good move... but then again... i could be wrong
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

On Italian papers today, it was reported that Davids is going to sign a contract with Barcellona this week until 2006 with a further option of 2 years. They stated that Davids wants to remain in Spain and is very happy at Barca. I think this scenario is much more likely.
khalela

Post by khalela »

I really do not think that Barca will let go of Davids.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Decky, Mandoza,

Yes ohh that is the way i see it. I don't mind players moving for bigger money and more $$$$ but when Davids, Reizeiger and Kluivert went to Milan this guys were treated so bad by that yeye Arrigo Sacchi. After their success with Ajax in 1995 they taught they were ready for a big club like Ajax and they realised there weren't. They left Ajax at a very young age and couldn't cope with the usual team politics and nonsense that goes on with Serie A clubs. Even Weah was with them at that time.

But after so mnay years i believe they are all matured now and have seen what it's like to play for powerhouse teams like AC Milan.

Goodluck to him if he wants to go back but Barca is a team i see getting back to top form and with my boy David Trezeguet most likely coming to Barca and with Davids playing with his teammates and soldifying that midfield i see great things for Barca in the future.

With players like Ronaldinho, Saviola, Xavi, Davids-If he decides to stay, Trezeguet and other players with a balance team. I expect them to go far in the la Liga...
Soldier of Fortune...