Peter Ijeh

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet
Peter Ijeh

Post by platinum »

Ayo, your boy Peter Ijeh opened scoring for IFK Goteburg in a 4-0 win away to Degerfors, partner Tomas Rosenkvist scored the other three goals. Good to see Ijeh getting back among the goals.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

This guy deserves a shirt in the Eagles squad.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

Nwankwo Kanu got his spot :cry: :cry: :cry: .
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

It is CCC's fault.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

CANONIZATION AND DEMONIZATION....

Peter Ijeh scores his first goal -- and he is the best thing since sliced bread; Nwankwo Kanu suffers a subpar season (OK, or two) -- and he is the worst thing since PaJ dropped his pants in public.

Nigerians -- the redoubtable champions of hyperbole! :oops:
Last edited by Gotti on Wed Apr 28, 2004 9:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Gotti[/color] wrote: Nigerians -- the redoubtable champions of hyperbole! :oops:
That's we :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Sir V wrote:This guy deserves a shirt in the Eagles squad.
This guys time will definately come when Chukwu is no more the eagles coach. Too many wuru-wuru in Eagles camp.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

didn't ijeh play in a friendly under CCC? if i remember correctly he didn't impress in that match. I guess he deserves a 2nd chance to prove himself, though i'd rather see martins join utaka and JAG
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]omonoba[/color] wrote:didn't ijeh play in a friendly under CCC? if i remember correctly he didn't impress in that match. I guess he deserves a 2nd chance to prove himself, though i'd rather see martins join utaka and JAG
True, but playing along side a bunch of Hey Yous and 2 left legs won't certainly help your cause, especially if you are a striker that feeds off good passes. Here is a guy was the highest goal scorer in Nigeria before heading off to Sweden to do exactly the same thing there. He deserves better.

omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

good point IAG. I don't remember who he played alongside in that friendly but he definitely deserves a 2nd chance. However it seems he's not in CCC's plans at all. If i were CCC i would invite him for the games against ireland and jamaica. Martins will probably not turn up anyway
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

GOTTI SAID:

Peter Ijeh scores his first goal -- and he is the best thing since sliced bread; Nwankwo Kanu suffers a subpar season (OK, or two) -- and he is the worst thing since PaJ dropped his pants in public

WELL MR.GOTTI:
SWEDISH LEAGUE IS JUST UNDERWAY BUT THE EPL IS ALMOST OVER!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]GUEST[/color] wrote:GOTTI SAID:

Peter Ijeh scores his first goal -- and he is the best thing since sliced bread; Nwankwo Kanu suffers a subpar season (OK, or two) -- and he is the worst thing since PaJ dropped his pants in public

WELL MR.GOTTI:
SWEDISH LEAGUE IS JUST UNDERWAY BUT THE EPL IS ALMOST OVER!
In addition, Ijeh always brings his "A" game. He ends off the season on a high note and starts the season hot.

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

omonoba wrote:didn't ijeh play in a friendly under CCC? if i remember correctly he didn't impress in that match. I guess he deserves a 2nd chance to prove himself, though i'd rather see martins join utaka and JAG
OMONOBA:
Why even bother with the Naysayers?!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KickOff Chief
Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:14 am Post subject:

CCC told me soon after Ijeh's less than forgettable appearnce for the SE that he would be willing to offer him another opportunity to prove himslef saying, and I quote loosely "People should not judge a player by one match. They expected too much from him in his first game. Afterall Rashidi Yekini did not become the striker he was overnight."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See: viewtopic.php?t=9131&start=0

One game and he is the Eagles star whose position Kanu has appropriated. The first subpar game he suffers through, and all hell will be let loose. Like I said: the redoubtable champions of HYPERBOLE!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

omonoba wrote:good point IAG. I don't remember who he played alongside in that friendly but he definitely deserves a 2nd chance. However it seems he's not in CCC's plans at all. If i were CCC i would invite him for the games against ireland and jamaica. Martins will probably not turn up anyway
OMONOBA:
Peter Ijeh suffered a leg fracture last season and was out of action for several months (a fact that some of his 'boosters' herein seem completely oblivious of). He has since joined a new club and after a reportedly slow start (maybe only relative to the fans' expectations, who were beginning to call for his sack) has apparently started to find his form. There is no reason to doubt the likelihood of him being granted another opportunity (or opportunities).
Last edited by Gotti on Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

Gotti i'm well aware of the leg-fracture ijeh suffered. But the friendly he took part in was way before that and he wasn't in SE frame months b4 he got injured
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

omonoba wrote:Gotti i'm well aware of the leg-fracture ijeh suffered. But the friendly he took part in was way before that and he wasn't in SE frame months b4 he got injured
Ijeh played for the Eagles in late-November 2002. After that game (co-joined with the game against Egypt a few days later), the Eagles did not play another friendly game with foreign-based players until the LG Cup in June 2003 (the friendlies against Gambia and Ghana were prosecuted with homebased players). Meanwhile, Ijeh was hurt in early-2003 (or very late-2002) and was out of action for almost six months!
omonoba
Egg
Egg

Post by omonoba »

i stand corrected. Anyway, it would be a good idea to invite him for the friendlies against ireland/jamaica as i have a sneaking suspicion that martins won't turn up
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

OMONOBA:
See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 745527.stm

BBC Online, Monday, 10 February, 2003, 15:27 GMT
Ijeh's Barcelona dream
By Osasu Obayiuwana, BBC Sport

Peter Ijeh said he is still keen on a transfer to beleaguered Spanish club Barcelona.

The Malmo FF striker had been a target of former Barcelona manager Louis van Gaal.

But the club placed an embargo on all transfers in January and subsequently sacked van Gaal for poor results.

"According to my agent, the departure of the former trainer stopped the possibility of any transfer.

"But another chance could present itself when this season comes to an end," Ijeh told BBC Sport.

Ijeh topped the goalscoring chart in Sweden last year but is presently sidelined by injury.

Malmo coach Tom Prahl said he suffered a fracture and his leg was now in plaster.

It was estimated that Ijeh would be out of action till June
but the Nigerian insists he will be back before then.

"I am optimistic that I am going to come back better and stronger than before."

But the injury will keep Ijeh out of contention for Nigeria's forthcoming Nations Cup qualifier against Malawi in March.

Ijeh said his setback is a 'blessing in disguise.'

"As any normal person, I feel bad that I am in this situation but I am confident that there is a way forward.

"This situation is not going to overwhelm me," Ijeh said.
xxmanB2003
Egg
Egg

Post by xxmanB2003 »

I agree with some of the guys here that Peter Ijeh should be included in the selection for the unity cup in London. His scoring record with Julius Beger, and Malmo FF is there for everyone to see. In both teams he was the highest goal scorer in the leagues. He should be given another chance. Though I don't know if he is going to come if he is invited cos he was angry for not being selected for last world cup and the ANC. I even read that cos of the announce he was considering playing for Sweden as the FA there wants him to play for them. But he has not been up to 5yrs there. He has been living in the country for 3yrs while the law says, to naturalise u have to live in the land for 5yrs. Anyway, Chukwu should invite him, who knows he may become a goal scoring machine for SE. :lol: :lol: :roll:
With God everything is possible.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

xxmanB2003 wrote:I agree with some of the guys here that Peter Ijeh should be included in the selection for the unity cup in London. His scoring record with Julius Beger, and Malmo FF is there for everyone to see. In both teams he was the highest goal scorer in the leagues. He should be given another chance. Though I don't know if he is going to come if he is invited cos he was angry for not being selected for last world cup and the ANC. I even read that cos of the announce he was considering playing for Sweden as the FA there wants him to play for them. But he has not been up to 5yrs there. He has been living in the country for 3yrs while the law says, to naturalise u have to live in the land for 5yrs. Anyway, Chukwu should invite him, who knows he may become a goal scoring machine for SE. :lol: :lol: :roll:
My broda, na money dey wear shirt for eagles. He has to "drop" to play. Period.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Sir V wrote: My broda, na money dey wear shirt for eagles. He has to "drop" to play. Period.
Childish mantra. Ijeh has already worn a shirt for the Eagles TWICE (under Amodu and Chukwu, respectively).
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Sir V wrote: My broda, na money dey wear shirt for eagles. He has to "drop" to play. Period.
Gaddem man get over it! The same way you kept saying that Martins won't play for Naija because he refuses to drop...

Stop sounding like a damn broken record.

Enuff already.... :roll:

Btw, the man doesn't deserve squat...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

he definetely deserves a chance,but unda a coach like CCC he won´t see action,unfortunetely
tymes runnin out for him ,he´s 25 years old,he needs to play now!!
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!