Van for sale?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
Van for sale?

Post by 27 »

Manchester United's Dutch striker Ruud van Nistelrooy could leave Old Trafford in the summer to join either Real Madrid or Barcelona in a £30m deal.
Reports suggest the clubs are lining up a move for the 27-year-old and believe United will sell at the right price.

Madrid-based newspaper Marca believes Real have agreed "in principle" with Van Nistelrooy for the transfer.

Barca financial vice-president Ferran Soriano has said it would be possible for them to buy the striker as well.

He revealed: "The club will be able to spend £33-40m on acquisitions. All is possible, even Van Nistelrooy.

"There is not any player who is out of our market, only ones that their clubs will not sell, such as Thierry Henry - just like we would not sell Ronaldinho."

But reports suggest Real have stolen a march on their La Liga rivals after the Dutchman's agent, Roger Linse, held talks with both clubs.

Madrid president Florentino Perez, who has long-coveted the Dutchman, is believed to have met with Linse within the last fortnight.

Van Nistelrooy, who signed a new four-year contract in January, has previously stated he is not interested in a move away from United, despite the club's disappointing Premiership season.

However, souces close to the striker suggest he is growing disillusioned with life at Old Trafford, the quality of Sir Alex Ferguson's signings and his service up front following David Beckham's departure.

"I think David's missed here as a player and a person," he said before United's Champions League game against Porto.
It doesn't matter what people say - I'm staying here
Van Nistelrooy on the rumours

His form has recently dipped with only two goals in his last nine games and captain Roy Keane has reportedly read him the riot act over the slump.

And most recently, Van Nistelrooy had a training gound altercation with David Bellion and had to be pulled away by Ryan Giggs and coach Mike Phelan.

He was subsequently left out of last weekend's match against Liverpool with Ferguson citing a thigh strain, although he failed to turn up at the match as a spectator.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 668621.stm
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

The moment he opened his mouth and said the club was missing Beckham, his fate was sealed.Believe me, sir Alex does not forgive such indiscretion.

Ruud is already on the way out of Old Trafford.

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Should it not be: Used Van for sale. Slightly damaged at the joints, prone to fall apart with minimum contact from other cars. A bit speedy but with dodgy control. In reasonable working order. Three previous owners. Full service history available on request.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Chief Goza
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Goza »

cic old boy wrote:Should it not be: Used Van for sale. Slightly damaged at the joints, prone to fall apart with minimum contact from other cars. A bit speedy but with dodgy control. In reasonable working order. Three previous owners. Full service history available on request.
You sef, I know say you no like us, but we'll be back! :D
Proverbs 14:16
A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident.
-------------------------------------------------------
Many receive advice but only the wise profit from it.
Chief Goza
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Goza »

Na wao, season never end and the role reversal from last year when #$%-null had all the bad press is unbelievable!

Everywhere you turn, stories are being contrived in the worst possible light, as long as it concerns Man U.

I dey fear what will become of my beloved club. Unfavourable stories all round:

1. Ruud leaving - speculation is bound to come up at this time of the season, but reports of bust-ups with team mates, etc are not good news. I have long feared the fact that I don't seem to hear the kind of categorical denial from Ruud about his future as I get from Henry. Even Barcelona's VP admitted that the only players that are not within their reach are those that are not for sale (Henry he mentioned). The plc element is not good news, as it's all about assets and shareholders.

2. Roy Keane - sure, Keano is coming to the end of the line, but going back to play for Ireland at this stge for me is ill-advised, however noble the intention, especially given the injury history. Another clash brewing there I think. Add to that the spin being put on Wes Brown desire to playin Euro 2004 if selected (the call it 'Snub to ferguson') and Phil Scolari's recent comments about Ronaldo claiming injury, then you understand that the press have really gone to town.

In football it's all about what you've done lately and only an FA Cup win (though small consolation) will settle all the bad vibes coming out from OT at the moment. I would have thought these players will close ranks and determine to come back stronger, instead of letting their frustrations get to them. #$%-null were frustrated last year as well, when we steam-rollered them, but look how they came back. Now, the whole world and his wife wants to play for #$%-null, even though they've got no money!
Last edited by Chief Goza on Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 14:16
A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident.
-------------------------------------------------------
Many receive advice but only the wise profit from it.
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg

Post by Mzekezeke »

cic old boy wrote:Should it not be: Used Van for sale. Slightly damaged at the joints, prone to fall apart with minimum contact from other cars. A bit speedy but with dodgy control. In reasonable working order. Three previous owners. Full service history available on request.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously can Manure afford to part with Van? Who will they replace him with?
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

Chief Goza: Is Van for sale for knockdown price because his MOT don expire? :mrgreen:
http://www.naijiant.com/