Chukwu denies friendly list

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

AJ Guru
Egg
Egg
Chukwu denies friendly list

Post by AJ Guru »

CCC has denied releasing any list or extending invitation to MARTINS as speculated by the local media here in Lagos..

He spoke with nigeriasports.com

http://nigeriasports.com/673
Welcome to CE: A place where an average man can tell a legend how to run his family. A place where an internet coach think he is beta team than an international coach. A place where a "four one nine" artist and Cab Driver can call a professional player a wastepipe. A Place where a wanna be agent can tell a professional player what club to join and what country to earn his money.A place where a simple debate can turn into an insult towards your mama and papa. Once again welcome to CE.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmmm the saga continues which means NFA selected Martins again.. Wow...
Soldier of Fortune...
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

KOC, you have some explaining to do.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

I am not surprised at this development. Chukwu's original list included the likies of Ekong, Orjinta, Ikedia nd Ejide but the NFA rejected it.

Obviously, they have little faith in his ability to invite the right players so have proceeded to do it themselves. In all fairness to Chukwu, he does not get to see the players as the NFA has not given him a travel budget, so he is totally dependent on people's reccomendations.

As we all know, there are a lot of unsavoury characters around CCC who have their own evil agendas. To avoid more Kumbur's, the NFA has decided to act. However, I must warn that this is setting a dangerous precedent!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

AYO:
Caught between a rock and a hard place, eh?!

The same NFA that you routinely villify herein has now taken control to sanitize the fortunes of Nigerian football? Did Ogunjobi jump over the boards at various stadia (as you derisively impugned wrt his attempts to contact Martins) to confer with the invited players?!

The FACT is that the so-called "Chukwu's original list" was in fact Ade Ojeikere's (and we all know Ade's journalistic pedigree). As Chukwu himself has CLEARLY stated to Nigeriasports.com (see story on this forum), the OFFICIAL list will not be released until next week.

In the interim, please stop playing Amateur Clairvoyant...
Last edited by Gotti on Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:AYO:
Caught between a rock and a hard place, eh?!

The same NFA that you routinely villify herein has now taken control to sanitize the fortunes of Nigerian football? Did Ogunjobi jump over the boards at various stadium (as you derisively impugned wrt Martins) to confer with the invited players?!

The FACT is that the so-called "Chukwu's original list" was in fact Ade Ojeikere's (and we all know Ade's journalistic pedigree). As Chukwu himself has CLEARLY stated to Nigeriasports.com (see story on this forum), the OFFICIAL list will not be released until next week.

In the interim, stop playing Amateur Clairvoyant...
Who let the dogs out?
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Looking at the calibre of players called up, The fact that for once a complete squad of 'only' our best players were called up, I knew it had to be too good to be true.

If CCC's list differs by more than at least 2 players, then we can safely and categorically conclude that the man needs help in his squad selection.

Cheers
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Looking at the calibre of players called up, The fact that for once a complete squad of 'only' our best players were called up, I knew it had to be too good to be true.

If CCC's list differs by more than at least 2 players, then we can safely and categorically conclude that the man needs help in his squad selection.

Cheers
Chukwu does not have the final say in squad selection. The way things work, he submits his list to the NFA who are to invite the players and during this process, some names get dropped and others get added.

Whatever list we see, will not be 100% Chukwu's. As per this list, the only problems I have with it are the inclusion of Garba Lawal and Nwankwo Kanu at the expense of Justice Christopher and Ayo Makinwa.

I understand Celestine Babayaro and Taribo West are injured but if they are fit and invited, the list looks OK. I would be surprised if there are too many changes to it.
AJ Guru
Egg
Egg

Post by AJ Guru »

Its a Goal wrote:KOC, you have some explaining to do.
KOC told me he was not aware of the list and report when I asked him yesterday cos that name MARTINS caught the eyes of my editor at BBC and we needed to be sure.

I think KOC can speak for himself sha....But Ade Ojeikere and naija sha....CCC just spark wen I tell am and he said he saw it in the papers and wondered where it came from.

Me just kuku kpalmu for one side dey watch the NFA/ADE and pple's list sha :lol:
Welcome to CE: A place where an average man can tell a legend how to run his family. A place where an internet coach think he is beta team than an international coach. A place where a "four one nine" artist and Cab Driver can call a professional player a wastepipe. A Place where a wanna be agent can tell a professional player what club to join and what country to earn his money.A place where a simple debate can turn into an insult towards your mama and papa. Once again welcome to CE.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

MR. SHOWS:
While we should wait until we see the OFFICIAL list next week, I nonetheless disagree with your latter sentiment. It is the coach's team to pick and win/lose with. The consequences will be his -- not the NFA's.

AYO:
I guess it takes one to know one, innit?!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

AJ Guru wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:KOC, you have some explaining to do.
KOC told me he was not aware of the list and report when I asked him yesterday cos that name MARTINS caught the eyes of my editor at BBC and we needed to be sure.

I think KOC can speak for himself sha....But Ade Ojeikere and naija sha....CCC just spark wen I tell am and he said he saw it in the papers and wondered where it came from.

Me just kuku kpalmu for one side dey watch the NFA/ADE and pple's list sha :lol:
AJ:
Thanks for the clarification.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

I figured the list was too good to be Chukwu's hence my refusal to comment on it.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Gotti,

Granted that it is the coaches responsibility and prerogative (and I am a strong advocate of this) to call up whatsoever players he so desires to prosecute a game, don't you consider it a gross abuse if the calibre of call ups have no bearing on current form and ability?

The list in circulation, factual or not is a good benchmark to assess CCC's final selection against and it will be fair for any deviations to come up for intense scrutiny.

And before you say, Yes! It is a subjective call as to what constitutes our best squad but the process of reaching the decision shouldn't be one that is devoid of common sense and lacking in logic.

Cheers
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

Chukwu's list will not be complete without a one or two Hey You's, Onoriode's and Kumburs..
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mr Shows wrote:Gotti,

Granted that it is the coaches responsibility and prerogative (and I am a strong advocate of this) to call up whatsoever players he so desires to prosecute a game, don't you consider it a gross abuse if the calibre of call ups have no bearing on current form and ability?

The list in circulation, factual or not is a good benchmark to assess CCC's final selection against and it will be fair for any deviations to come up for intense scrutiny.

And before you say, Yes! It is a subjective call as to what constitutes our best squad but the process of reaching the decision shouldn't be one that is devoid of common sense and lacking in logic.

Cheers
Lewt us suspend this debate until next week when Chuckwu's "official" list is released. Gotti will have a lot of explaining to do if there are any funny names on it. I for one have got my dictionary ready.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

It doesnt surprise me. That list was actually very good. I knew it couldnt have been CCC's work :mrgreen:.
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

What worries me most is that Kick Off have blundered here.
I have always held their magazine's press releases in high esteem because they have always been right (and proved me wrong whenever I was sceptical).

In fact, nowadays I have come to accept their reports as the truth unless proven otherwise. Yesterday, I was the one to post the list on CE because I was sure it was legit even though I specifically stated that it was quite weird that the list was so early in coming (almost a month before the friendlies). I'd hate that my only true source of knowledge on Nigerian football and CCC is also ****ing up now!

PLease KOC, give us a good explanation as to what happened.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

Yup! That list was too good to be true. Too early, too complete, too unNFA, too unChukwu.

'We wait and see' what next week brings?
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

MR. SHOWS:
I only agree with you to the extent that what constitutes our "best" players is merely SUBJECTIVE (including Chukwu's, I might add).

Virtually EVERY SINGLE Eagles' coach (foreign or indigenous) have been second-guessed for the player selections that they have made: from Father Tiko's declination to invite Christian Madu through Otto Gloria's many seemingly bizarre selections to Clemons Westerhoff's continued use of Thompson Oliha.

We have a situation where some folks are campaigning for the dropping of Isaac Okoronkwo, while the likes of AYO are calling for the inclusion of Justice Christopher (who has played little or no organised football in close to two years), and you talk about "common sense" and "logic". Whose logic?!

HUMAN JUDGMENT is exactly that: human! It is not infallible. Just as it is also human that folks tend to regard the position (and judgment) of only those that they are polemically aligned to as 'logical'. But of course the mere fact that Chukwu's list MIGHT differ from yours does not portend any less logic to his.

It is trite to note that 100 CEs are likely to produce 100 DIFFERENT lists, and the few names that may appears on everyone's list (such as Yobo or Okocha -- except for diehard UBAs) are also likely to appear on Chukwu's. Ultimately, however, a coach is judged by the RESULTS that he achieves -- not by the so-called "calibre of call-ups" employed therein.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Lewt us suspend this debate until next week when Chuckwu's "official" list is released. Gotti will have a lot of explaining to do if there are any funny names on it. I for one have got my dictionary ready.
AYO:
Why on earth would I have any "explaining" to do?!

Unlike your relationship with Bryan Robson: (1) I do not send lists or recommend players to Chukwu; (2) I do not stand to derive any financial benefit from friendlies prosecuted under Chukwu; and (3) have absolutely NO relationship with Chukwu.

In fact, I am well aware that I am merely a FAN who ventures onto this FANsite to comment on Nigerian football. Unfortunately, not all of us share such clarity!
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Gotti wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Lewt us suspend this debate until next week when Chuckwu's "official" list is released. Gotti will have a lot of explaining to do if there are any funny names on it. I for one have got my dictionary ready.
AYO:
Why on earth would I have any "explaining" to do?!

Unlike your relationship with Bryan Robson: (1) I do not send lists or recommend players to Chukwu; (2) I do not stand to derive any financial benefit from friendlies prosecuted under Chukwu; and (3) have absolutely NO relationship with Chukwu.

In fact, I am well aware that I am merely a FAN who ventures onto this FANsite to comment on Nigerian football. Unfortunately, not all of us share such clarity!
Gotti, feel free to fire as many salvos as you like at me today. Just remember that it will soon be payback time.

If any dodgy list is published, the gloves will come off big time on this site. Only yourself while you can!
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

I have been out of town the whole day attending a business do. Just came in and saw this. And I must confess that I am surprised at the reactions here.

Let me play lawyer here (apologies to Gotti)

CCC denied releasing any list. He did not deny submitting any list to the NFA, which is what he ALWAYS DOES. At no point did the story quote CCC. My colleague who wrote that story got it from someone in the NFA, who is normally very reliable.

Nobody is infallible, and anything is possible in this day and age. But one thing I can say for sure is that I have 100% confidence in the fellow who wrote that story and I am with him all the way.

Thats the most I will say about that.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

KOC:
Thanks for the further clarifications.

AYO:
The distinction between us is that while I am not privy to Chukwu's decisions (I have only met the man once in YOUR company), you PUBLICLY bragged about your purported input to Bryan Robson's fathom 'list'!

....but be rest assured that I will GLADLY respond to any and all personal attacks.