Ikhana, a principled Nigerian coach .

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

bim007
Egg
Egg
Ikhana, a principled Nigerian coach .

Post by bim007 »

Ikhana is one coach I respect a lot. He is very principled. I heard that he said for him to take up the under23 coaching jobs the NFA must accept certain conditions from him.

He is one of the best coaches in the Nigerian league. Others are Godwin Uwua and Shuaibu Amodu. This observation is based on their achievements over the years.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

...and the guy didn't tolerate any nonsense from Enyimba's "star" players either and he did not hesitate to wield the axe on past/present captains Vincent Enyeama and Romanus Orjinta .....as well as dropping big name players for tactical reasons in the ACL final against Ismaili. The man will not let his players push him around.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Na so Kawawa be from time. We Bendel Insurance people have always respected him for this.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Can anyone tell me why such IC will not suceed?
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Sir V wrote:Can anyone tell me why such IC will not suceed?
Can you tell me why he would?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
dudu
Egg
Egg

Post by dudu »

Today everybody is making so much noise about Ikhana but you all forget the circumstances that led to Enyimba winning the tournament... I think we shud be giving more praises to Orji Uzor Kalu, he made sure Enyimba had one of the best Nigerian players in the league and that did the trick... he had to come from the official cover stands to the bench to assist the coach.. and from all i can remember i cant remember Ikhana making any superb technical substitutiion . Anyway lets see how he performs in the u23, but i can put my money on it , he will not perform half as well as Musa
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

dudu wrote:Today everybody is making so much noise about Ikhana but you all forget the circumstances that led to Enyimba winning the tournament... I think we shud be giving more praises to Orji Uzor Kalu, he made sure Enyimba had one of the best Nigerian players in the league and that did the trick... he had to come from the official cover stands to the bench to assist the coach.. and from all i can remember i cant remember Ikhana making any superb technical substitutiion . Anyway lets see how he performs in the u23, but i can put my money on it , he will not perform half as well as Musa
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

dudu wrote:Today everybody is making so much noise about Ikhana but you all forget the circumstances that led to Enyimba winning the tournament... I think we shud be giving more praises to Orji Uzor Kalu, he made sure Enyimba had one of the best Nigerian players in the league and that did the trick... he had to come from the official cover stands to the bench to assist the coach.. and from all i can remember i cant remember Ikhana making any superb technical substitutiion . Anyway lets see how he performs in the u23, but i can put my money on it , he will not perform half as well as Musa

I beg forget it, If Ikhana was not principled enough, Orji Uzor Kalu would have entered the field wearing Jersey No 9 against USM of Algeria in Aba and probably Jersey No 6. agains Ismaili in Egypt during the second leg of the final too.
bim007
Egg
Egg

Post by bim007 »

Orji Kalu doesn't know jack about coaching. The governor is just trying get all the kudos for the success of Enyimba. He played his part by providing the finances, while Ikhana did the technical aspect. Was Kalu on the bench when Ikhana won the league? Do you think it is an easy thing to win league?
nemi2002
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by nemi2002 »

Was Kalu also at the other teams Ikhana succeeded with?

Let's see Kalu and Urukalo win the Champions league this year.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

What about when Iwuanyanwu Nationale had all the best players in the land, how come they did not win the Cup in three consecutive tries?