DID YOU WATCH THE 77KG MEN'S WEIGHTLIFTING?

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
DID YOU WATCH THE 77KG MEN'S WEIGHTLIFTING?

Post by anointed »

The winner Lu Xiaojun lifted 175kg(Snatch) a WR + 204(Clean and Jerk) for a WR total of 379kg. The guy just decimated with the field. In the C&J, once he cleaned the weight, he even went completely down before jerking it up, not just the bending of one knee that others did.

His comptriot who was 2nd lifted only 2 weight. 170kg for the Snatch and 190kg for C&J. I think he coped an injury when he tried to break the Snatch WR with a weight of 175kg. As he couldnt realistically challenge for the gold, he went tearful but knowing he had to lift a weight to win silver, he lifted a compromised weight of 190kg under considerable pain and succeded.

Those guys put daylight btw themselves and the rest of the fiels in what was an enthralling show.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: DID YOU WATCH THE 77KG MEN'S WEIGHTLIFTING?

Post by soothsayer »

yep... the useless judges did not allow him to try a new Olympic record. It was the competition Felix Ekpo was in earlier.

Chinese/east-asians have weightlifting locked down in the light to medium weight categories..