Nigeria V Tunisia

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria V Tunisia

Post by Dodo »

wanaj0 wrote:Na wa for Naija fans ooooo. I salute those representing us in any capacity!

For those that do not know, Tunisia are the AFRICAN champion. Not sure why we think we will just run over them?

Someone even said he does not know where the hype is coming from? Was it only Greece we defeated?

Many internet coaches surfacing as usual. Please take up the coaching job for the next tournament. We can surely make use of your knowledge. Don't let it waste on the internet.

To the team, :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

To London bobos :boo: :boo: :boo: :boo:

Playing in your backyard yet una no fit carry occupy London go there lol
you tok true but but off point in booing London boys, there were no tickets on sale regardless of what could be seen on video, they are investigating all these empty seats but its been suggested they were reserved for corporate sponsors, still livid though to see empty seats
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

See empty seat.... Naa Waa
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

juventuss wrote:See empty seat.... Naa Waa
its ridiculous plus the ticketing website is crap too, i tried the other day to get football semi tickets, it said i had them, clicked on pay and it just hanged there and then next thing, no ticket available
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

:oops: :roll: wtf? how the fuccck did i miss this game?. this suuccks. wtf why so early? wtf london? i got the time all reverse and $@#% this is some bs
Naija4lyfe
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Glad we won. On to the next game
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

Reading some comments here.. One would think that we lost the game. We won our first Olympic basketball game for goodness sake! We always want to compare ourselves to top notch teams when we know the quality we have. It's like Nigerians trying to drive Bentleys in the floods of Lekki. Let us learn to calibrate our expectations (cut our coats accordingly).
Look who is Here Again!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Dodo wrote:
juventuss wrote:See empty seat.... Naa Waa
its ridiculous plus the ticketing website is crap too, i tried the other day to get football semi tickets, it said i had them, clicked on pay and it just hanged there and then next thing, no ticket available
No wonder FIFA refuse to allow una host world cup. Poor organisation :taunt:

Beijing 2008 was better organised.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

seloweizer wrote:Reading some comments here.. One would think that we lost the game. We won our first Olympic basketball game for goodness sake! We always want to compare ourselves to top notch teams when we know the quality we have. It's like Nigerians trying to drive Bentleys in the floods of Lekki. Let us learn to calibrate our expectations (cut our coats accordingly).
Chief long time. Dem think say this na football
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

wanaj0 wrote:
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:Na wa for Naija fans ooooo. I salute those representing us in any capacity!

For those that do not know, Tunisia are the AFRICAN champion. Not sure why we think we will just run over them?

Someone even said he does not know where the hype is coming from? Was it only Greece we defeated?

Many internet coaches surfacing as usual. Please take up the coaching job for the next tournament. We can surely make use of your knowledge. Don't let it waste on the internet.

Abeg go enter gutter! ode :roll: :curse:
I can see that you are seeking for attention.

Get some manners first. It will do you a lot of good.

...wanjo you get words man...hahahahaaaa...I like ya rsponse...
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Dodo wrote:

you tok true but but off point in booing London boys, there were no tickets on sale regardless of what could be seen on video, they are investigating all these empty seats but its been suggested they were reserved for corporate sponsors, still livid though to see empty seats
the site is funny , I agree... it initially showed no tickets but then I tried again in the evening and suddenly there were tickets for all the events. Just annoyed I purchased tickets for wrong day.. might not be able to make it :(
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

And I slept through the game?!! :roll:
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

A lot of you guys are emotional (reading through your comments). You can only play what is in front of you and not some fantasy game -at least the last NBA playoffs thought me this lesson. Today we faced Tunisia and we could only play based on what they brought, this does not mean we will play the same way against Argentina or anybody else.

What D'Tigers need to do is look at what they did right and stick with it and adjust on what they did wrong. For sure we have to make our shots 50% of the time if we want to beat the Argentina. But this idea of accepting defeat before the ball is tipped is inferior -not to any country outside the US. I am very sure the boyz are confident in their ability to rub shoulders with the best of them all.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Damn guys today was crazy , on my home now, details coming soon
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

sabb wrote:Image
hahahahaha.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: , o my dayz, people just dey call me say I dey untop of tv, Ididnt know it was like this, it was crazy !!!!! but I will share two stories later ...and that foolish commentator guy in the red behind us go see my bad eye soon, very ignorant guy.... :sneaky:
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Player wrote:
hahahahaha.... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: , o my dayz, people just dey call me say I dey untop of tv, Ididnt know it was like this, it was crazy !!!!! but I will share two stories later ...and that foolish commentator guy in the red behind us go see my bad eye soon, very ignorant guy.... :sneaky:
they showed you dancing(off beat :)) after the game Image
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

King Futcha wrote:
Player wrote:
hahahaha I didnt even hear any beat, my head just scatter, to be a Naija no easy o.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I know there wasn't a beat, just messing with you :) I was watching the game and about to erase the recording I said, hold up thats player :lol:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Player wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
Player wrote:
hahahaha I didnt even hear any beat, my head just scatter, to be a Naija no easy o.
Well done player. It must have been an experience, a nerve wrecking one as well after watching the Tunisians gradually eroding the our lead?

It#s now history - Nigeria the first African country to win a basketball game at the Olympics. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Take that to the bank Angola, we don't need to be there 100 times - once is enough :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
F360
Egg
Egg

Post by F360 »

Not sure who expected us to run over Tunisia but I'm sure most basketball fans on here just wanted a stable performance and something that showed improvement from our games in the summer. Yes we won the games needed to qualify for the olympics but if one thought our performances were great or excellent then one needs to check his/her head.

We have a better squad than Tunisia. With that team that is representing us in the Olympics or with the other quality players we have that aren't in the team currently. When players play smart and good coaching is there, great things happen.

Sorry if some of us (actually Coach Bakare said as much during one of the timeouts) felt this game was a MUST-WIN and let our emotions get loose. We realize we'd like to win a game in the tourney and the Tunisia one(Champions of Africa regardless) was the one we had to win. The other games are now just bonuses.

I'm also pretty sure everyone that let his/her emotions loose during the game is thrilled to bits that we won. We give credit to the players and the coaches but know they have a crapload more work to do and get better at if they want to stand a chance against our other Group A opponents.

Let's go D'TIGERS!

--------------------------------------------
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

pajimoh wrote:
Well done player. It must have been an experience, a nerve wrecking one as well after watching the Tunisians gradually eroding the our lead?

It#s now history - Nigeria the first African country to win a basketball game at the Olympics. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: Take that to the bank Angola, we don't need to be there 100 times - once is enough :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Bolded is not true. :mrgreen:
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Okay first off, today was just one crazy day mennn !!! una see that guy wey wear black, thats my lil cousin, he's 6'7 and up and coming basketball player, after begging me to get him a ticket, believe the dude did not wake up and we had to leave without him. Up next is that my foolish home-boy Tony in the White, I don already tell Tony say the basketball game is at Stratford, now tell my why Tony drove us all the way to North Greenwich to go and watch the game, thinking it was at the O2 arena, we got searched even had time to look for some food to eat, then my lil Cousin who finally woke up called me and said that the game is not at O2 arena, but at Stratford, I asked the stewards, and they confirmed this, so we now had to leave the car and take the train 4 stops to Stratford, got there exactly at 9am and the game had already started, we had to run another 20mins just to find the arena where we met up with my lil Cousin.

Entered the game in the 2nd quarter, and the feeling was just great, we had the best sits, just right behind the Naija bench, so we could see and hear everything that's going on. I didn't even have time to concentrate on the game, all I know is that our shooting everywhere was poor. We tried to run plays on offence, but guys weren't establishing their position enough to get the ball in the right place. On defense, our interior defense was very good, rebounding, blocking shots, it was very hard for the Tunisians to come inside, but our exterior defense was poor, guys were not rotating quickly enough and they were getting lost under the screens. Tunisia's outside shooting kept them in the game and this was a problem I highlighted from the team few weeks back. To be honest we did not play that bad, Tunisia are the African Champions, but this Naija squad is talented and with more time, we will get better trust me.....

Ike Diogu is a beast, this guy was getting rebounds and bullying anyone that was on him, sometimes he had three players on him but still managed to be in control, wow !!!! Dagunduro is clutch, he does things at the right time and plays with an experience head, his drives at the end of the game was amazing to watch. Al Farouq Aminu is a great defender and driver of the ball, but he needs to work on his jump shot badly. Tony Skinn started well, but then he let the game get to him, in future he needs to keep calm in tight situations. Ayo Bakare was in control though, I think there is a lot of pressure on him due to the fact that the team has not been together for while. Very good game and we got the win that matters.

In regards to the crowd, I think the organizers should have done a better job, first of all not a lot of Nigerians in the crowd, and the few that were there were spread out around the court. I saw the Australia Brazil game as well, and to be honest those guys will feast on us right now, those guys are massive !!!!! and they play more organised...We are not far off though, with a few additions and more time together we can be top 5 in the world no question.

After the game we walked around, so many people thought we were Olympians maybe cos of the fact that we are all 6'2 and above, we took pictures and it was all fun, we then bumped into Ike Diogu and Chamberlain Oguchi, real cool guys but kinda quiet, had that athlete thing about them, so we didnt ask too much questions. Then later on bumped into Anderson Varejao, I called him Tiago Splitter at first because he had his hat on so I Couldnt see his hair, I later recognised him then I corrected myself and we luaghed about it.

Crazy day I tell ya !!!!!! :thumb: Its good to by Nigerian men !!!!!! we just needed more supporters, funny thing that happened was on our way out, one of the Stewards who was Nigerian asked us the score, I told him and he shouted "ehen God Punish them, all of them dey crase" referring to the Tunisians, we just laughed thinking that is just the Naija way !!!!! we do things on a different level.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Player wrote:Okay first off, today was just one crazy day mennn !!! una see that guy wey wear black, thats my lil cousin, he's 6'7 and up and coming basketball player, after begging me to get him a ticket, believe the dude did not wake up and we had to leave without him. Up next is that my foolish home-boy Tony in the White, I don already tell Tony say the basketball game is at Stratford, now tell my why Tony drove us all the way to North Greenwich to go and watch the game, thinking it was at the O2 arena, we got searched even had time to look for some food to eat, then my lil Cousin who finally woke up called me and said that the game is not at O2 arena, but at Stratford, I asked the stewards, and they confirmed this, so we now had to leave the car and take the train 4 stops to Stratford, got there exactly at 9am and the game had already started, we had to run another 20mins just to find the arena where we met up with my lil Cousin.

Entered the game in the 2nd quarter, and the feeling was just great, we had the best sits, just right behind the Naija bench, so we could see and hear everything that's going on. I didn't even have time to concentrate on the game, all I know is that our shooting everywhere was poor. We tried to run plays on offence, but guys weren't establishing their position enough to get the ball in the right place. On defense, our interior defense was very good, rebounding, blocking shots, it was very hard for the Tunisians to come inside, but our exterior defense was poor, guys were not rotating quickly enough and they were getting lost under the screens. Tunisia's outside shooting kept them in the game and this was a problem I highlighted from the team few weeks back. To be honest we did not play that bad, Tunisia are the African Champions, but this Naija squad is talented and with more time, we will get better trust me.....

Ike Diogu is a beast, this guy was getting rebounds and bullying anyone that was on him, sometimes he had three players on him but still managed to be in control, wow !!!! Dagunduro is clutch, he does things at the right time and plays with an experience head, his drives at the end of the game was amazing to watch. Al Farouq Aminu is a great defender and driver of the ball, but he needs to work on his jump shot badly. Tony Skinn started well, but then he let the game get to him, in future he needs to keep calm in tight situations. Ayo Bakare was in control though, I think there is a lot of pressure on him due to the fact that the team has not been together for while. Very good game and we got the win that matters.

In regards to the crowd, I think the organizers should have done a better job, first of all not a lot of Nigerians in the crowd, and the few that were there were spread out around the court. I saw the Australia Brazil game as well, and to be honest those guys will feast on us right now, those guys are massive !!!!! and they play more organised...We are not far off though, with a few additions and more time together we can be top 5 in the world no question.

After the game we walked around, so many people thought we were Olympians maybe cos of the fact that we are all 6'2 and above, we took pictures and it was all fun, we then bumped into Ike Diogu and Chamberlain Oguchi, real cool guys but kinda quiet, had that athlete thing about them, so we didnt ask too much questions. Then later on bumped into Anderson Varejao, I called him Tiago Splitter at first because he had his hat on so I Couldnt see his hair, I later recognised him then I corrected myself and we luaghed about it.

Crazy day I tell ya !!!!!! :thumb: Its good to by Nigerian men !!!!!! we just needed more supporters, funny thing that happened was on our way out, one of the Stewards who was Nigerian asked us the score, I told him and he shouted "ehen God Punish them, all of them dey crase" referring to the Tunisians, we just laughed thinking that is just the Naija way !!!!! we do things on a different level.
No wonder JJ got lost in London.

Thanks for representing unlike those other London bobos lol
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

And the way the Tunsians came back was crazy, one minute we were up by 15, the next we were up by 2, it was surreal, they were raining threes from everywhere, but than God we made our free throws. Highlight of the day was Al Farouq Aminu's miscontrol at the end, we were recording the last minute of the game, saw Aminu got the ball, and we were thinking oh shitttt someone is about to break the rim, and the guy just mess up, it was one of those moments that you could see the future before it happened, dude was getting ready to lift off !!!!!!...felt sorry for him, he played his hear out on defense and you could see that he really wanted this game.
Last edited by Player on Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.