Nigeria disgraced Africa!

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

okjazz
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria disgraced Africa!

Post by okjazz »

When Naija qualified , I visited some basketball forums and the forummers were saying: "Naija qualified mostly because of their fighting spirit. But they play very primitive basketball. "....I dont know how true that is.

But team Naija left USA with too many wide open shots. Carmelo scores 3 pointers when a defender is in his face. Now imagine how many three pointers he can score if you keep leaving him wide open. No wonder he scored 37 points in 14 minutes. The whole game looked like a pre-game shootaround. No one was getting in the face of the 3 point shooters.

ESPN analyst Kurt Rambis blamed coach Bakare saying he never made any adjustments as Naija kept making the same mistakes over and over.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

okjazz wrote:When Naija qualified , I visited some basketball forums and the forummers were saying: "Naija qualified mostly because of their fighting spirit. But they play very primitive basketball. "....I dont know how true that is.

But team Naija left USA with too many wide open shots. Carmelo scores 3 pointers when a defender is in his face. Now imagine how many three pointers he can score if you keep leaving him wide open. No wonder he scored 37 points in 14 minutes. The whole game looked like a pre-game shootaround. No one was getting in the face of the 3 point shooters.

ESPN analyst Kurt Rambis blamed coach Bakare saying he never made any adjustments as Naija kept making the same mistakes over and over.
...that was true, i could imagine, but they lack grit. The snipets of them I saw vs Lithuinia made me believe the above is true. Shooting was poor how much more vs the US.
Like some "hey U" soccer teams that went to the world cup and surprised the super powers. Senegal, Cameroon, even Nigeria at USA94.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Today's joke
USA massacred NIGERIA in basketball game, but our YAHOO BOYS have assured us that AMERICANS will pay dearly for it!..:BE CALM yall!
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

okjazz wrote:When Naija qualified , I visited some basketball forums and the forummers were saying: "Naija qualified mostly because of their fighting spirit. But they play very primitive basketball. "....I dont know how true that is.

What fighting spirit? Never mention Naija where sports is being discussed. :taunt:
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Heliopolis is right. I pissed off at team USA too. It is classless to run up the score like that.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

I am really getting pissed off at how the media is just making mockery of Nigeria. Dem don finish us for every single channel.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

YUJAM wrote:Heliopolis is right. I pissed off at team USA too. It is classless to run up the score like that.
Only girls and whiners cry about someone running up the score. If u don't want it to happen to you, do something about it :!:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

mmeny wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:Never have I been as ashamed of being African more so than I am today. What happened today was a travesty and disgrace to the entire African continent, the great people of Africa and our African fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers and ancestors. Goodluck Jonathan must declare a national day of mourning tomorrow and the Nigerian Olympic Committee should pull their men's team from the basketball tournament immediately. This loss has single-handedly - and I say this without any hesitation - set the African continent back a good 4-5 decades.

It's hard enough being of African descent; the challenges and stigmas that we constantly battle on a daily basis, but imagine the shame and suffering this loss has inflicted on our great people. Africans deserve better than this. Shame on the Nigerian men's basketball team for what they did to our continent today. Tomorrow if I fill out a survey and am asked to detail my ethnic origin, I will select "Other" because I dont want anyone to laugh at me for being an African. "Hey man, you're African? Didn't Nigeria lose by 80 yesterday?" The first order of business at the next African Union summit should be to temporarily suspend Nigeria until the wounds suffered today begin to heal.

Naija opened its yansh for the oyinbo Kevin Love :boo: :boo: :boo:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I see revenge is a dish best served cold (for the yabbis some people dish out to your football team)

I am not Nigerian and don't care for basketball but even my son was taunting me over the score
So let me get this straight, your son is not African ?
When Africa is losing he wears his british hat and takes sides with his mum and they all yab me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

What was the reaction in Ajungele?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Naija4lyfe
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija4lyfe »

at least Nigerians are also dissing and not shying away from the truth, unlike you and other sensitive forumers from your country. You can learn a thing or two from Nigerians homopolis
Naija4lyfe
femibyte
Egg
Egg

Post by femibyte »

Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski dismisses idea that 156-73 rout of Nigeria was unsportsmanlike
Krzyzewski defended his team’s record setting performance against Nigeria and angrily dismissed suggestions that the United States tried to humiliate the African nation in its 156-73 win.

BY FRANK ISOLA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012, 7:08 AM
UPDATED: FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012, 10:36 AM
Facebook
Twitter

StumbleUpon
Tumblr
Email
Print

GARRETT W. ELLWOOD/NBAE/GETTY IMAGES

Mike Krzyzewski believes Team USA's rout of Nigeria was far from unsportsmanlike.
RELATED STORIES
US beats Greece 87-59 in exhibition game
Colorado mom-daughter duo posed as military men to bilk $1 million in Nigerian-backed online dating scam: prosecutors
U.S. citizen kidnapped in Nigeria’s oil delta; First attack targeting foreigners in the area in months
CUNY immigration law program opens registration for fall
Crafty scammers still using age-old ploys to fleece New Yorkers, tourists
English see Hyundai ad, not Gerrard's goal

LONDON – Mike Krzyzewski defended his team’s record setting performance against Nigeria on Thursday and angrily dismissed suggestions that the United States tried to humiliate the African nation in its 156-73 win.

A foreign reporter initially asked Nigeria coach Ayodele Bakare if he felt the Americans were guilty of running up the score. Bakare, though, sounded more impressed than angry by what the NBA players had accomplished. Moments later, Krzyzewski, unsolicited, addressed the topic, and called the question offensive.

“We didn't play LeBron [James] and Kobe [Bryant] in the second half, and with Carmelo (Anthony) shooting like that, we benched him," Krzyzewski said after Anthony scored a U.S. Olympic record of 37 points in 14 minutes and 29 seconds. "We didn't take any fast breaks in the fourth quarter, and we played all zone. You have to take a shot every 24 seconds, and the shots we took happened to be hit.

“I take offense to this question because there’s no way in the world that our program in the United States sets out to humiliate anymore.”

Coach K then turn to Bakare and said: “Coach would think it humiliating if we didn't play hard."

The 83-point victory included a team record 29 3-pointers including 10 from Carmelo. The U.S. also set the all-time Olympic record for points.

"On the one side, it's terrible to get whupped like that," Nigeria's Koko Archibong said. "But on the other side, it was something impressive to be a part of – impressive to witness in person."

MARK RALSTON/AP

Team USA forward James Harden vies for the ball with Nigerian guard Richard Oruche.

The performance conjured up images of the 1992 Dream Team which was never challenged when the NBA players made their Olympic debut in Barcelona. But not even Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson experienced a win so lopsided. Their largest margin of victory was 79 points against Cuba.

The U.S. faces plays Lithuania on Saturday and plays its final group game on Monday against Argentina.

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olymp ... z22VFR6ZqA
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

anikulapo wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Heliopolis is right. I pissed off at team USA too. It is classless to run up the score like that.
Only girls and whiners cry about someone running up the score. If u don't want it to happen to you, do something about it :!:
When dem dey stand like statue....

They kept giving them free jumpers.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think the game was sold , and the IOC should investigate . After all these Nigerian players are Americans..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

We deserve every yabbis we are getting.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

We should have drafted Mikel.. bobo is a good bball player.. all those aje butter tokumbos, have made me the joke of the town . text message after text message ...
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

femibyte wrote:Team USA coach Mike Krzyzewski dismisses idea that 156-73 rout of Nigeria was unsportsmanlike
Krzyzewski defended his team’s record setting performance against Nigeria and angrily dismissed suggestions that the United States tried to humiliate the African nation in its 156-73 win.

BY FRANK ISOLA / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

PUBLISHED: FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012, 7:08 AM
UPDATED: FRIDAY, AUGUST 3, 2012, 10:36 AM
Facebook
Twitter

StumbleUpon
Tumblr
Email
Print

GARRETT W. ELLWOOD/NBAE/GETTY IMAGES

Mike Krzyzewski believes Team USA's rout of Nigeria was far from unsportsmanlike.
RELATED STORIES
US beats Greece 87-59 in exhibition game
Colorado mom-daughter duo posed as military men to bilk $1 million in Nigerian-backed online dating scam: prosecutors
U.S. citizen kidnapped in Nigeria’s oil delta; First attack targeting foreigners in the area in months
CUNY immigration law program opens registration for fall
Crafty scammers still using age-old ploys to fleece New Yorkers, tourists
English see Hyundai ad, not Gerrard's goal

LONDON – Mike Krzyzewski defended his team’s record setting performance against Nigeria on Thursday and angrily dismissed suggestions that the United States tried to humiliate the African nation in its 156-73 win.

A foreign reporter initially asked Nigeria coach Ayodele Bakare if he felt the Americans were guilty of running up the score. Bakare, though, sounded more impressed than angry by what the NBA players had accomplished. Moments later, Krzyzewski, unsolicited, addressed the topic, and called the question offensive.

“We didn't play LeBron [James] and Kobe [Bryant] in the second half, and with Carmelo (Anthony) shooting like that, we benched him," Krzyzewski said after Anthony scored a U.S. Olympic record of 37 points in 14 minutes and 29 seconds. "We didn't take any fast breaks in the fourth quarter, and we played all zone. You have to take a shot every 24 seconds, and the shots we took happened to be hit.

“I take offense to this question because there’s no way in the world that our program in the United States sets out to humiliate anymore.”

Coach K then turn to Bakare and said: “Coach would think it humiliating if we didn't play hard."

The 83-point victory included a team record 29 3-pointers including 10 from Carmelo. The U.S. also set the all-time Olympic record for points.

"On the one side, it's terrible to get whupped like that," Nigeria's Koko Archibong said. "But on the other side, it was something impressive to be a part of – impressive to witness in person."

MARK RALSTON/AP

Team USA forward James Harden vies for the ball with Nigerian guard Richard Oruche.

The performance conjured up images of the 1992 Dream Team which was never challenged when the NBA players made their Olympic debut in Barcelona. But not even Michael Jordan and Magic Johnson experienced a win so lopsided. Their largest margin of victory was 79 points against Cuba.

The U.S. faces plays Lithuania on Saturday and plays its final group game on Monday against Argentina.

POST A COMMENT »

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/olymp ... z22VFR6ZqA
why is does new york times post so much negative things.....
remind me is it murdock that owns that useless paper????
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

You're supposed to run out the clock if you're up by 30 heading into the fourth quarter. Of course running it up is considered poor form, but that's just how it is sometimes.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

anointed wrote:Image
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

juventuss wrote:
anointed wrote:Image
:rotf: :rotf:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Am still wondering what kinda idiotic thread is this! Nigeria's first outing at the olympics and we disgraced Africa? First get your stupid team to qualify for the olympics.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

mke1010 wrote:I am really getting pissed off at how the media is just making mockery of Nigeria. Dem don finish us for every single channel.
Most Americans are dumb, it is few educated people that is holding he country togetther. Don't pay attention to the stupid idiots in their media. BTW Go Spain.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

In hindsight, Nigeria should have included more size inside and more players that can shoot the ball. The game plan should have been to minimize the damage as much as possible and rely on outside shooting. I really really really want Spain to win now, it will be the ultimate payback.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx