The shocking collapse of Phelps, Bolt and many others...

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: The shocking collapse of Phelps, Bolt and many others...

Post by Ekorian »

Phelps just lost the 200 m butterfly final to SA Chad Le Clos :shock: this is his signature race that he has dominated for 8 yrs :shock:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Ekorian wrote:Phelps just lost the 200 m butterfly final to SA Chad Le Clos :shock: this is his signature race that he has dominated for 8 yrs :shock:
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Cha le Clos' dad is a proper African man. He doesnt hide his emotion and excitment. Just loved his interview :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

mate wrote:
ohsee wrote:
sinequanon wrote:All "top" Olympic sprinters use performance enhancing drugs.
Kpom.
Have to agree. I've know a few athletes across a range of sports. What I heard about drugs is dismaying.

And for those of you who have played high school and college level sports in the US, you know that a good % of athletes use drugs. It is what it is. I don't see this ever changing, simply because:

1) The political will isn't there.

2) The more advanced nations are typically ahead of the testers and consistently get away with it, encouraging cynicism.

For me, the Olympics are entertainment, not really a legitimate athletic competition. Too many sports are too impacted by drugs, obfuscating the ideal of competition.

Cheers, Mate
The Juice Games..Just like my friend in Romania said, its a joke!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

shoots guys..stop beating around the bush..Na dis cause am: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=222661&hilit=lolo+jones

Eem dey drain man pikin. They are targetting and conspiring against the best of em!!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote:
GREENWHITEGREEN wrote:
Tbite wrote:The Jamaicans are actually VERY consistent.

Asafa Powell, Yohan Blake, Usain Bolt are consistent.
KPOM.
It's the American Track & Fields that are actually very suspect.
They suddenly stopped dominating the sport with the introduction of more sophisticated drug testing.

As for Phelps, it is hard for a young man to be motivated when he's already set for life with a reported $40 million in earnings since he became a superstar.
I don't understand the logic of these arguments. If the Americans are only performing well because of drugs, why would the Jamaicans, who are doing even better in terms of time than the Americans, not be on drugs?
Ol'boy show us the logic in your belief that all "top Olympic sprinters use performance enhancing drugs".
Bros,
You be real yeye man. You too like to harass ohsee. Is it love? I am sorry, I don't go that way. Ask jette, he might oblige you if you wear a wig. :lol:

I don ansa ya queshon already, but since you no know di meaning of logic, make I explain am to you:
1)How many Olympic sprinters have been nailed for using drugs?
2)How many of them have set records?
3)How many of the Olympians today who have NOT been caught have broken the records of those who were caught on dope?
4)Those who were caught breaking records on dope were said--before they were caught--to be doing things that were thought to be impossible.
5)Many experts think that well before the Ben Johnson era, sprinters were exceeding the natural limits of unassisted human speed.
6)It is accepted that doping is rampant in sprinting. Why would a top ten sprinter not dope if he knew that all the others around him were doping? It is like the voting process in Nigeria--everybody cheats because you don't want to be the guy who "boards last" because you did not while everybody else was.

Addendum:
(a)Anonymous surveys of Olympic and world class sprinters indicate that nearly all believe the claim that "You cannot be in the top ten if you do not dope."
(b)The BALCO scandal alleged that all leading sprinters are doping.
(c)When Big Ben said all top sprinters are on dope, people said it was just self-serving propaganda. But now, most people who work with top sprinters, and researchers who study the phenomenon, agree with him and say that all the top sprinters are on dope.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote: You be real yeye man. You too like to harass ohsee. Is it love? I am sorry, I don't go that way. Ask jette, he might oblige you if you wear a wig. :lol:

I don ansa ya queshon already, but since you no know di meaning of logic, make I explain am to you:
1)How many Olympic sprinters have been nailed for using drugs? A handful
2)How many of them have set records? Less than a handful
3)How many of the Olympians today who have NOT been caught have broken the records of those who were caught on dope? I know of just two.
4)Those who were caught breaking records on dope were said--before they were caught--to be doing things that were thought to be impossible. So?
5)Many experts think that well before the Ben Johnson era, sprinters were exceeding the natural limits of unassisted human speed. Yes.
6)It is accepted that doping is rampant in sprinting. By whom? Why would a top ten sprinter not dope if he knew that all the others around him were doping? It is like the voting process in Nigeria--everybody cheats because you don't want to be the guy who "boards last" because you did not while everybody else was.

Addendum:
(a)Anonymous surveys of Olympic and world class sprinters indicate that nearly all believe the claim that "You cannot be in the top ten if you do not dope." I'd like to see these surveys....
(b)The BALCO scandal alleged that all leading sprinters are doping. I don't think it did. It was mostly baseball athletes as I recall only two or three leading sprinters were involved
(c)When Big Ben said all top sprinters are on dope, people said it was just self-serving propaganda. But now, most people [who?] who work with top sprinters, and researchers who study the phenomenon, agree with him and say that all the top sprinters are on dope.
Poor effort. That's just a number of half-baked assumptions you want to pass as logic. Must do better! :lol: This detailed report by a respected sports journal makes a more convincing case why doping is widespread - and it's free of guesswork. :mrgreen:
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

mke1010 wrote:
Colonel Adamu wrote:Banned substances? That's what it seems like, folks.
Fact is Phelps did not train seriously leading up to these games. One of the swimmers who did not make the team stated that everything Phelps's camp said about training hard was not true. He said Phelps looked like someone who did not want to be there and that his training regiment was lax. He said from what he saw in training was a man heading toward multiple defeats.

Phelps enjoyed a lot of success at the last Olympics- started chasing women, smoking weed and partying. The burning desire is not there as it previously was. He will still win multiple medals in London to break the record of most medals ever by an Olympian. In the medley he lost and didnt even medal. This is one of the most grueling races and Phelps obviously was not in as good a shape as he has been. He bounced back with a silver medal yesterday evening. In my view, he is going to skate by on talent during these games. He is not in the best shape of his career. Even at that, a Phelps at 75% may still be the best in the world. We will see at the end of the Olympics what the medal count in swimming for men is. I suspect he will be top three.

As for Bolt, he has had hamstring issues leading up to the games. To be frank all these guys running sub 9.8 races make me wonder. This is not a case of Bolt using and the rest of the field is clean. If Bolt is using, they are all using. But there still has not been one shred of evidence against Bolt. And in the past, there were always rumors about guys who were suspected of breaking the rules even when there was no evidence. There hasnt been much of that with Bolt if at all.
Told you guys Phelps would end up having a respectable Olympics based purely on talent. Well, he has 1 gold and 2 silver with more medals still coming.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Just watched the race in which Phelps got silver in the 200m butterfly. Dude had the race won. Just was lazy putting his hand on the wall and Le Clos took it away. Phelps is still da man. He will win at least 2 more gold.
To conquer one's self is the most noble victory; to be vanquished by one's own nature is the worst and most ignoble defeat. (Plato)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

mke1010 wrote:Just watched the race in which Phelps got silver in the 200m butterfly. Dude had the race won. Just was lazy putting his hand on the wall and Le Clos took it away. Phelps is still da man. He will win at least 2 more gold.
Silver? Number 2? Who remembers number two? Who was Truman's running mate in 1948? Who was vice president during Abraham Lincoln ..
I never LOSE, I either WIN or LEARN. – Nelson Mandela
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Colonel Adamu wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Just watched the race in which Phelps got silver in the 200m butterfly. Dude had the race won. Just was lazy putting his hand on the wall and Le Clos took it away. Phelps is still da man. He will win at least 2 more gold.
Silver? Number 2? Who remembers number two? Who was Truman's running mate in 1948? Who was vice president during Abraham Lincoln ..
Nobody remembers #2 but they surely remember the man with the most medals in Olympic history. He has 1 gold and 2 silver. He could easily finsh these games with 3 gold and 3 silver which would place him in an unprecedented position.
For me it is unfortunate that a whole naija will end up wilth less medals in this Olympic games than Phelps.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:
ohsee wrote: You be real yeye man. You too like to harass ohsee. Is it love? I am sorry, I don't go that way. Ask jette, he might oblige you if you wear a wig. :lol:

1)How many Olympic sprinters have been nailed for using drugs? A handful
2)How many of them have set records? Less than a handful
3)How many of the Olympians today who have NOT been caught have broken the records of those who were caught on dope? I know of just two.
4)Those who were caught breaking records on dope were said--before they were caught--to be doing things that were thought to be impossible. So?
5)Many experts think that well before the Ben Johnson era, sprinters were exceeding the natural limits of unassisted human speed. Yes.
6)It is accepted that doping is rampant in sprinting. By whom? Why would a top ten sprinter not dope if he knew that all the others around him were doping? It is like the voting process in Nigeria--everybody cheats because you don't want to be the guy who "boards last" because you did not while everybody else was.

Addendum:
(a)Anonymous surveys of Olympic and world class sprinters indicate that nearly all believe the claim that "You cannot be in the top ten if you do not dope." I'd like to see these surveys....
(b)The BALCO scandal alleged that all leading sprinters are doping. I don't think it did. It was mostly baseball athletes as I recall only two or three leading sprinters were involved
(c)When Big Ben said all top sprinters are on dope, people said it was just self-serving propaganda. But now, most people [who?] who work with top sprinters, and researchers who study the phenomenon, agree with him and say that all the top sprinters are on dope.
Poor effort. That's just a number of half-baked assumptions you want to pass as logic. Must do better! :lol: This detailed report by a respected sports journal makes a more convincing case why doping is widespread - and it's free of guesswork. :mrgreen:
jette dey call you. :lol:
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mke1010 wrote:
Colonel Adamu wrote:
Nobody remembers #2 but they surely remember the man with the most medals in Olympic history. He has 1 gold and 2 silver. He could easily finsh these games with 3 gold and 3 silver which would place him in an unprecedented position.
For me it is unfortunate that a whole naija will end up wilth less medals in this Olympic games than Phelps.

I still believe Naija might get a few medals in the sprints. I saw that lady in 100m- she's good and only 23!..at least a silver or gold!
As for the 140 strong squad you guys sent to London.. there's no telling what they are capable of .
Whatever happened to Table Tennis, Weightlifting and boxing ?
cyrilndo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cyrilndo »

Guess who is laughing

Michael Phelps wins the 200m IM at the 2012 London Olympics
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

"Phelps clocked one minute 54.27 seconds, nearly two-thirds ahead of Lochte, with Hungary's Laszlo Cseh taking bronze."

People who can't swim 50m to save their lifes sit and talk as if they know better. Hope Usian don't dish more pie :D :D :D
" The best way to have a fair judgement on anything is to imagine yourself sitting somewhere in space watching planet earth with the beings that inhabit it, especially those who call themselves homo sapiens. You have no nationality or tribe, you are not a fan of Arsenal, Barca, Inter Milan, Manchester United etc. You won't see a booty or huge boobs if they walk pass you. Money is like tissue to you. what is your opinion? "

This post has been made by camex whom I have ignored.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Shocking collpase? I think not! Phelps claims his second gold medal. With two events left, he is likely to claim one more gold. If not for bad luck he would have 4 gold at these games.
Had this guy prepared well for this tournament I think he would have at least 6 medals. Obviously reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.
Last edited by mke1010 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mke1010 wrote:Shocking collpase? I think not! Phelps claims his second gold medal. With two events left, he is likely to claim one more gold. If not for bad luck he would have 4 gold at these games.
Had this guy prepared well for this tournament I think he would have at least 6 medals. Obviously reports of his demise were greatly exaggerated.

Michael Phelps’ London nightmare continues, loses in final meters of 200 fly

AP)

Michael Phelps' disastrous individual performance in London took the most unexpected turn yet.

The American swimming star was defeated in the final meters of the 200 butterfly, the signature race he had won decisively at the previously two Olympics. In the final meters, Phelps' stroke fell apart and he couldn't hold off South African Chad le Clos, who stormed from behind to win by .05 seconds.

Phelps was leading the whole way and appeared to be in control of the race he has dominated for a decade. It was to be another easy victory in the event and the 15th gold medal of his illustrious Olympic career. The first sign of trouble came on the final turn, when Phelps jammed his stroke and allowed the field to come back to him a bit. He pulled ahead of the streamline, but tired with each successive stroke. With 15 meters left, the textbook form of his fly -- straight arms, head outstretched, back arched -- had devolved into a jumbled mess unlike anything he's ever demonstrated on the international scene.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi ... --oly.html
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Colonel Adamu wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Shocking collpase? I think not! Phelps claims his second gold medal. With two events left, he is likely to claim one more gold. If not for bad luck he would have 4 gold at these games.

Michael Phelps’ London nightmare continues, loses in final meters of 200 fly

AP)

Michael Phelps' disastrous individual performance in London took the most unexpected turn yet.

The American swimming star was defeated in the final meters of the 200 butterfly, the signature race he had won decisively at the previously two Olympics. In the final meters, Phelps' stroke fell apart and he couldn't hold off South African Chad le Clos, who stormed from behind to win by .05 seconds.

Phelps was leading the whole way and appeared to be in control of the race he has dominated for a decade. It was to be another easy victory in the event and the 15th gold medal of his illustrious Olympic career. The first sign of trouble came on the final turn, when Phelps jammed his stroke and allowed the field to come back to him a bit. He pulled ahead of the streamline, but tired with each successive stroke. With 15 meters left, the textbook form of his fly -- straight arms, head outstretched, back arched -- had devolved into a jumbled mess unlike anything he's ever demonstrated on the international scene.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi ... --oly.html
Dude what are you going on about? This loss was before his goal medal. I already talked about this race. He had it won but did not push to touch the wall fast enough and the other guy beat him to it. This was before he won the gold medal.
He has 2 gold medals and 1 silver. Over 70% of the countries participating in the Olympics would love to have the nightmare Phelps is having. :wink:
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Phelps just won his 3rd gold medal with one more race to go. Take that ogolo. :)
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

mke1010 wrote:Phelps just won his 3rd gold medal with one more race to go. Take that ogolo. :)

I'm all for a clean fought victory.
:clap: The question on everyone's lips is.. is he clean? :!:
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Colonel Adamu wrote:
mke1010 wrote:Phelps just won his 3rd gold medal with one more race to go. Take that ogolo. :)

The reason you brought up whether he was clean is becos at the beginning of the Olympics he looked to be flopping. Now that he is winning, you are still asking the same question. Consequently, what you are saying is win or lose, there can be no victory for Phelps. :)
mmeny
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mmeny »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: that boy good !
Just because cat sabi swim no mean say him be catfish - M.I
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Colonel Adamu wrote:

I find it hard to believe he is clean. I can imagine that testing has made it more difficult to use drugs of the greatest potency, but the developers of drugs seems to always be some margin ahead of the testers.

And if a lot of athletes are getting away with using some amount of drugs, I reckon every top athlete has to in order to negate such advantages. And no, I don't think Phelps is so much naturally better that he can afford not to use something.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

So if Phelps is not clean then Le Clos & everyone who has ever beaten Phelps are not clean either.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe