SEN 2 MEX 4 AET

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SEN 2 MEX 2. Y'all are missing a great game!

Post by Comrade Machel »

Game over :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Why cant we concentrate :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

...and another defensive blunder by Senegal. Please....wtf
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
skillful
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sen 2 Mex 3 Extra Time

Post by skillful »

another defensive blunder 4-2
"I first saw David Rocastle play in 1983 for the youth team. I remember coming home excitedly from the match and telling my family, "I've just watched the nearest thing to a Brazilian footballer you are ever likely to see - and he comes from Lewisham." - David Dein on Rocky Rocastle
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sen 2 Mex 3 Extra Time

Post by Ekorian »

4-2. sarakule's out
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

What a poor headed backpass by the same guy who had a horrendous tackle in the Uruguay game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Fatigue causes errors
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

That's a wrap.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Senegal sent too many men forward for the freekick and got caught on the break. Ah well...
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The two Senegalese CDs need to be investigated :blush:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Mister Dolly
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mister Dolly »

Wow....just when you thought the Senegalese defense could not do any worse, they just shot themselves in the head again...three goals gifted..once again the soft underbelly of most African teams has been exposed once again!
"Because of Jesus, it's a glorious life...."
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

It seems the Mexicans want it more than the Senegalese.
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Literally gifted Mexico two goals that even a schoolboy team wouldn't concede. Sad

Super Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by Super Eagle »

@thread starter: the game is 4 - 2 now, advantage Mexico.

Senegal, as a team, is talented but very naive. They have no business losing this game :boo:
Note to: Emir Kongi, big porkey, and smartbrother: Don't talk unless you can improve the silence. (c)
www.awooze.com

#BringBackOurGirls
Hashtag #KeshiDonHammer
KB
Egg
Egg

Post by KB »

Samora Moises Machel wrote:Literally gifted Mexico two goals that even a schoolboy team wouldn't concede. Sad
Our teams always do that....
The more widely Christianity was diffused, and the greater the number of people unprepared for it who were brought under its sway, the less it was understood, the more absolutely was its infallibility insisted on, and the less possible it became to understand the true meaning of the doctrine. Leo Tolstoy, 'The Kingdom of God is within you', Chap 3
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:TERRIBLE defending by the senegaese #5
txj,

The biggest error is the left back who chose to pass to the #5 when the better choice should have been to give up a throw-in instead of forcing the retention of possession under severe pressure. This is so untypical of how the defense had played not just in this game but in others.

Maybe, but the pass having been made, if he had 1st secured the ball rather than take his eyes off i by glancing back at the GK, this might not have happened...
txj,

We may argue that but the reality is that the #5 would have had an outstanding play to keep that ball. He had two attackers in the immediate vicinity. IMHO, the error began from the pass back to the left back (Totally unnecessary) and then the leftback making a horrendous choice to pass to a central defender who was not open. Very poor decision particularly by the left back. More perplexing to me was that the defense has not fooled around with those attempts at possession in previous games. Watch how Mexico defense got rid of the ball (no need to force a possession) after the freekick by Senegal. While the defender may not have sought a goal with the clearance, it led to one.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

KB wrote:
Samora Moises Machel wrote:Literally gifted Mexico two goals that even a schoolboy team wouldn't concede. Sad
But why? Its very worrying KB. We always exhibit a lack of concentration :???:

Jimi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Sen 2 Mex 4 Extra Time

Post by Jimi »

Gosh..Senegal's captain needs to relinquish that armband..Absolutely horrid defending.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj,

The biggest error is the left back who chose to pass to the #5 when the better choice should have been to give up a throw-in instead of forcing the retention of possession under severe pressure. This is so untypical of how the defense had played not just in this game but in others.

Maybe, but the pass having been made, if he had 1st secured the ball rather than take his eyes off i by glancing back at the GK, this might not have happened...
txj,

We may argue that but the reality is that the #5 would have had an outstanding play to keep that ball. He had two attackers in the immediate vicinity. IMHO, the error began from the pass back to the left back (Totally unnecessary) and then the leftback making a horrendous choice to pass to a central defender who was not open. Very poor decision particularly by the left back. More perplexing to me was that the defense has not fooled around with those attempts at possession in previous games. Watch how Mexico defense got rid of the ball (no need to force a possession) after the freekick by Senegal. While the defender may not have sought a goal with the clearance, it led to one.

:agree:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

KB wrote:
Correct!
I have no doubt that Senegal had a team to win that game but our defenders...jeez
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
skinkut
Egg
Egg

Post by skinkut »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj,

txj,

very true
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SEN 2 MEX 4. Y'all are missing a great game!

Post by YUJAM »

The third goal broke the Senegalese IMO. After that, they had to throw men forward which resulted in the fourth goal. In addition to this, once Diame was taken off, the Senegalese midfield played a lot less effectively as far as holding the ball and defending were concerned.. A real shame but congrats to the Mexicans.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote:
txj wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
txj,

txj,

Certainly not @ the underline part! All he had to do was secure the ball first. His loss of possession resulted from taking his eyes off the ball.

The pass from the LB was ot the most unusual pass in football. It is done routinely by teams looking to keep the ball and play out of defence...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Metho scorpion
Egg
Egg

Post by Metho scorpion »

tfco wrote:was hoping to watch this on TV

in time-added on now

game is here
...thanks so much tfco...you made me see the whole of extra time ur link...I see future Thomas Nkono in that Senegal goal keeper...