Moderator: Moderator Team

folem
Egg
Egg
Re: NIGERIA'S FINAL MEDAL COUNT

Post by folem »

It is because you are yet to come to terms with our level. :laugh: :laugh:

Mudi E wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:To me it is completely unbelievable that a nation of 150 million of some of the most genetically gifted people on earth could not even muster a single medal in the year 2012. It's a crying shame.
It is more than a national embarrassment. The magnitude of the embarrassment is in the stratosphere. Funny enough this will blow over and it will be business as usual again. There's no national will or motivation to do things well..no planning..nothing. Come Rio de Jeneiro in 2016, it will be business as usual.
As I said earlier, the people that live on lies, deceit and indolence, this is what they deserve.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130956
Mudi E wrote:
chopeski wrote:When you fail to prepare...you better prepare to fail.

Nigeria, to call a spade a spade is a failing country. That an illegitimate and corrupt ruling class can turn a talented and sport loving nation to a laughing stock is beyond reproach.

There is no quick fix here and its all a bout having a mid to long term plan involving strategies about training, infrastructure, coaching and resources. That's all we need, yet, tiny Carribean Islands like Cuba, JA., outperform us every 4 years makes my blood boil.
KPOM...Nigeria never learn and what's happening at this olympics typifies what the Nigeria society is. A failed bunch of people whose only way of getting anything done is through dubious crooked means.
Even Bahamas outperform Nigeria...Allah sa o ka!!! :evil:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18468&p=258551
Mudi E wrote:I wonder if the Sports Commission will be overhauled as a result of this disgraceful act at this world event. A country of 130 million cannot boast of any athlete to salvage a bronze medal up till now....wow! Apparently, we have regressed since the last Olympics
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

How many medals did we win?
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Atlanta 96: Nigeria 2 Gold, Team GB 1 Gold. London 2012: Nigeria 0 Medals, Team GB 29 Gold!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

a little help pls, who were some of the athletes from a west african country who came close to winning a medal, thanks
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mudi E »

folem...abi I lie?
Is it not doing the same thing and expecting different result..something typical of Nigeria?
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

At least Nigeria gets a certificate of attendance from the IOC... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Soldier of Fortune...
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

folem wrote:It is because you are yet to come to terms with our level. :laugh: :laugh:

Mudi E wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:To me it is completely unbelievable that a nation of 150 million of some of the most genetically gifted people on earth could not even muster a single medal in the year 2012. It's a crying shame.
It is more than a national embarrassment. The magnitude of the embarrassment is in the stratosphere. Funny enough this will blow over and it will be business as usual again. There's no national will or motivation to do things well..no planning..nothing. Come Rio de Jeneiro in 2016, it will be business as usual.
As I said earlier, the people that live on lies, deceit and indolence, this is what they deserve.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=130956
Mudi E wrote:
chopeski wrote:When you fail to prepare...you better prepare to fail.

Nigeria, to call a spade a spade is a failing country. That an illegitimate and corrupt ruling class can turn a talented and sport loving nation to a laughing stock is beyond reproach.

There is no quick fix here and its all a bout having a mid to long term plan involving strategies about training, infrastructure, coaching and resources. That's all we need, yet, tiny Carribean Islands like Cuba, JA., outperform us every 4 years makes my blood boil.
KPOM...Nigeria never learn and what's happening at this olympics typifies what the Nigeria society is. A failed bunch of people whose only way of getting anything done is through dubious crooked means.
Even Bahamas outperform Nigeria...Allah sa o ka!!! :evil:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18468&p=258551
Mudi E wrote:I wonder if the Sports Commission will be overhauled as a result of this disgraceful act at this world event. A country of 130 million cannot boast of any athlete to salvage a bronze medal up till now....wow! Apparently, we have regressed since the last Olympics

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2016 guys will still be wondering about the same issue while some will still be posturing the usual ostrich position. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

MI5 wrote:At least Nigeria gets a certificate of attendance from the IOC... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
The latest joke doing the rounds is that Nigeria went for 'Onlypics'.
:)
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

The problem with Nigeria is obvious with this thread. It is obvious some people's only contribution is to point and call Nigeria a disgrace. Well NEWSFLASH you are part of the problem. What are you doing to solve it?
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

2012 Olympics which is largest sports event on planet earth.
205 countries represented.
303 events contested.
85 countries won at least one medal.
Biggest black nation on earth with population of 167 million gets 0 medals

Waste of space on planet earth!
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

Cristao II wrote:The problem with Nigeria is obvious with this thread. It is obvious some people's only contribution is to point and call Nigeria a disgrace. Well NEWSFLASH you are part of the problem. What are you doing to solve it?
There you go again with Nigerian are the problem.....please stop this charade.

There are people paid and employed to solve this mess, what is wrong with us calling them out, what is wrong with calling them a utter failure and disgrace. Are you proud of the people running Nigeria sport!

If the minister of sports and government officials believe that they required better professionals to run sports in Nigeria, why don't they do what other private organisation are doing and put government job adverts on the public domain. So that the best qualified people can get the opportunities to make a different.

We are not the problem , we contribute to Nigeria economy and are people of integrity and honesty and like every Nigerian we are disappointed in the Nigerian government continious failure to make a difference in the life of the average Nigerian .
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:Atlanta 96: Nigeria 2 Gold, Team GB 1 Gold. London 2012: Nigeria 0 Medals, Team GB 29 Gold!
that is such a bad comparison.

Let's see how many gold's Team GB wins in Rio, especially in events such as boxing where judges influence the outcome

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

tfco wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:Atlanta 96: Nigeria 2 Gold, Team GB 1 Gold. London 2012: Nigeria 0 Medals, Team GB 29 Gold!
that is such a bad comparison.

Let's see how many gold's Team GB wins in Rio, especially in events such as boxing where judges influence the outcome
Team GB has improved in 3 consecutive Olympic Games. The last one was outstanding as well. GB had 19 Gold and finished 4th overall, and you can be rest assured no one is dismantling the institutions developed to take GB to this level.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

realtrouble wrote:
Cristao II wrote:The problem with Nigeria is obvious with this thread. It is obvious some people's only contribution is to point and call Nigeria a disgrace. Well NEWSFLASH you are part of the problem. What are you doing to solve it?
There you go again with Nigerian are the problem.....please stop this charade.

There are people paid and employed to solve this mess, what is wrong with us calling them out, what is wrong with calling them a utter failure and disgrace. Are you proud of the people running Nigeria sport!

If the minister of sports and government officials believe that they required better professionals to run sports in Nigeria, why don't they do what other private organisation are doing and put government job adverts on the public domain. So that the best qualified people can get the opportunities to make a different.

We are not the problem , we contribute to Nigeria economy and are people of integrity and honesty and like every Nigerian we are disappointed in the Nigerian government continious failure to make a difference in the life of the average Nigerian .
I wonder who form the Nigerian government - isnt it the persons you are referring to as people of integrity and honesty. Integrity and Honesty doesnt automatically mean success in sports. You even use the terms utter failure and disgrace. Kpele. I ask again what are we going to do to solve this mess. Continue pointing fingers and using us vs them. We are closer to them than you think.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the usual obvious question. Criticizing is a doing too.
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

Mudi E wrote:folem...abi I lie?
Is it not doing the same thing and expecting different result..something typical of Nigeria?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I no know book oo. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Naija will always struggle at Olympics unless we concentrate on Weightlifting, Taekwondo & Boxing (especially Women events). We may win occasional medals in Athletics, Football, Wrestling or Judo. But the previous 3 sports is where our strength lies at Olympic level so if we can invest massively in those sports at least more than the others for Olympics then things will change. But unfortunately those sports are not glamourous.
Last edited by folem on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

mcal wrote:
...the usual obvious question. Criticizing is a doing too.
A very useless form of doing. It is useless without further action by the critic.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Cristao II wrote:I ask again what are we going to do to solve this mess. Continue pointing fingers and using us vs them. We are closer to them than you think.
By pointing fingers, he is in fact DOING something about it, unlike you who seems to be quite content with the status quo.
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

Babafad wrote:
Cristao II wrote:I ask again what are we going to do to solve this mess. Continue pointing fingers and using us vs them. We are closer to them than you think.
By pointing fingers, he is in fact DOING something about it.
Very true. The question now becomes, is the action working?

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Babafad wrote:
By pointing fingers, he is in fact DOING something about it, unlike you who seems to be quite content with the status quo.
We have been pointing fingers and whinging for thirty years...or even more.
So are we now expecting a different outcome? :o
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Babafad
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babafad »

Damunk wrote:
Babafad wrote:
We have been pointing fingers and whinging for thirty years...or even more.
So are we now expecting a different outcome? :o
War of attrition in full effect. Those who have ears, let them hear.

Doing something is better than doing nothing. For someone to come out with stuff like - "winning doesn't matter, it's the taking part that counts" (Sir Cristao), that's where our problem really lies.

Comments like that remind me of what my mum says, these day. When ever I call home (Naija) and ask how are things and do you have electricity today. She tends to answer, "whatever the situation is, we are used to it"........and so their "suffering" continues.

Can you imagine the noise and finger pointing that would take place if a country like the UK were to return home from a major event empty handed???
Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.
Riversboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Riversboy »

Babafad wrote: Can you imagine the noise and finger pointing that would take place if a country like the UK were to return home from a major event empty handed???
Nigerians (both in Government and outside it) have become used to "noise and finger pointing". It simply no longer works. That is the plain old truth. So, those who live in Nigeria become less vocal everyday. They have seen that all the noise in the world has not improved their lot.

Their mistake is in thinking that silence is the answer. Silence and "getting used to it" is as unproductive as mere noise. ACTION is required.

RB.
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote: is this what we celebrate these days, nutmeg?
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Babafad wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: See this London based guy. Sorry big guy - I am in Nigeria and I do do things about it. I talk in church. I talk in fellowships. I talk about it in my company. I challenge those who say things like 'That is the way Nigerians are' & 'Nigeria is a useless country'. I pray about it. I educate people. What do you do except sit your asses in front of a computer and whinge whinge whinge about it!!

As I told him. Criticising is a useless form of doing stuff. If it is not followed by action - it is a waste of time.

HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8