Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria Olympic Contingent

Post by Tbite »

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Seems like this Blessing Okagbare is for real!! I wish her all the best...I had tuned out from Nigerian Athletics for years, cause it pained me to see our sprinters do so poorly...but seems like Blessing can get us a medal...even Gold
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Super Eagle wrote:Nigeria, the only country that's sending more "officials" than athletes to the games. Just check out the list of the officials!
And I can tell you that they would much more people going as "officials" who didn't make it to this list :roll:

Nigeria is a useless country, for real. Sometimes I wonder whether that country is accursed :boo:
Not true.
About 70% of the countries actually have more officials than athletes.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

Does anyone know why we are not competing in the Men's relays?
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

nanijoe wrote:Does anyone know why we are not competing in the Men's relays?
because the athletes we have are not good enough? what other reason should there be?
LEFTIE
Egg
Egg

Post by LEFTIE »

Yomi Bankole passed away earlier this year.

I like Funke Oshonaike, she sure is fine.
Apparently this is her 5th Olympics.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

Somebody post schedule of all our athletes' events pls.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Super Eagle wrote:Nigeria, the only country that's sending more "officials" than athletes to the games. Just check out the list of the officials!
And I can tell you that they would much more people going as "officials" who didn't make it to this list :roll:

Nigeria is a useless country, for real. Sometimes I wonder whether that country is accursed :boo:
Not true.
The question is what kind of officials they are. Related to this, I ran into Daniel Igali at Stratford a few minutes ago. He is coaching Nigeria's wrestling team. He was wearing a Canadian jacket apparently because Nigeria did not provide him with one.
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
The question is what kind of officials they are. Related to this, I ran into Daniel Igali at Stratford a few minutes ago. He is coaching Nigeria's wrestling team. He was wearing a Canadian jacket apparently because Nigeria did not provide him with one.

:shock: sorry....
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
He told you that Nigeria did not provide obey or you are assuming?
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
You get time ooooo.

The real OFFICIALS never dey list self. Wait till the governors, senators, ministers etc start arriving to support the team :tic:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
Dont tell me u believe that nonsense!!!

I'll watch the wrestling event and see what he is wearing then!
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

wanaj0 wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
Daniel Igali told me that with his own mouth. I asked him directly, 'how come you're wearing a Canadian jacket if you're coaching Nigeria'... his answer... 'they not provide me with a jacket'.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Roman Obamovitch wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
Roman Obamovitch wrote:
Chingo Bling wrote:

Not true.
Daniel Igali told me that with his own mouth. I asked him directly, 'how come you're wearing a Canadian jacket if you're coaching Nigeria'... his answer... 'they not provide me with a jacket'.
Hmmmmmm. The report on Thisday gave a different impression. More like the Canadians gave him/team kits as gifts. So was he the only one singled out?
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

He was the only Nigerian I saw in Canadian kit. Maybe his wrestlers have just not been up and about in the park. Honestly, the Nigerian athletes have not been as visible as many other countries.

Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

But isn't it curious that the Canadians will give their kit to our coach and athletes? Will those with potential get tapped up?