SO IS PHELPS NOW DA GREATEST OLYMPIAN EVER ??

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
SO IS PHELPS NOW DA GREATEST OLYMPIAN EVER ??

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Me thinks not and I have my reason which i will tell later.

Give us your opinion bcos the arrogant American media have run off with another pompous headline to self promote themselves unnecessarily again :mrgreen:
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: SO IS PHELPS NOW DA GREATEST OLYMPIAN EVER ??

Post by juventuss »

Actually most folks on ESPN say it goes to Carl Lewis
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

too may swimming events
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Make una dey there dey yarn opaks. Bobo just won another gold in 100m butterfly :taunt:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

juventuss wrote:Actually most folks on ESPN say it goes to Carl Lewis
Problem is he was a confirmed doper...there are reports out there that the US Olympic Committee swept some of his positive drug tests under the rug.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2003/ap ... ncanmackay
ElHadary
Suspended Member

Post by ElHadary »

Carl Lewis on the track Phelps in the pool.

I hope Usain Bolt overtakes Carl Lewis, I've never seen someone take his profession so seriously yet be such a joy to watch when he wins and how he celebrates. Carl Lewis always seems to carry some sort of arrogant American "aura" about him.
okjazz
Egg
Egg

Post by okjazz »

One could argue that Wrestler Aleksandr Karelin of Russia was greater. He went 13 years without ever loosing a match in international competition and 6 years without ever conceding a point. He won 3 succesive gold medals. Those are greater achievements than Phelps. Going 13 years unbeaten is no joke.

One could also argue for Teofilo Stevenson. Aside from winning 3 succesfive gold in heaveyweight boxing, in 1976 all his wins were by KO or TKO
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Ii laugh when people claim Phelps is greatest Olympian. How come the events he was in were never full :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: Now look at the massive difference in attendance once track and field started. Track is where its at

I would give an analogy of Phelps being a very good arthouse picture (nice but very few people really care) while guys like Carl Lewis, Usian Bolt are Hollywood blockbusters (everybody will know about it)
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Obviously Phelp CANNOT be the greatest Olympian ever and not even the greatest American Olympian ever bcos his swimming gave him so many avenues to win medals like back strokes, butterfly strokes etc etc.
Plus, he won some more in the relays which he was opportuned to be on. In many sports at the olympics, athletes only have one opportunity to win one or two medals i.e. boxing, soccer, volleyball, rowing.

So it is really foolhardy for NBC and Bob Costas to be brandishing Phelp the greatest Olympian ever. It really shows how dumb they both are. Costas always act like a genius while on the other he a bandwagoner lacking substance and reason :bump:
=========================================
Truth.. . be told ALWAYS n' BOLDLY !!
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:

Give us your opinion bcos the arrogant American media have run off with another pompous headline to self promote themselves unnecessarily again :mrgreen:
Who is the greatest in your opinion?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

folem wrote:
kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:

Who is the greatest in your opinion?
In this Order.. .

Carl Lewis,
Jesse Owens,
Nadia Comaneci,
Paavo Nurmi,
Edwin Moses,
Micheal Phelps
Usain Bolt
Wilma Rudolph,etc

Now Phelps is the greatest swimmer ever and that includes Olympic swimming BUT not the greatest Olympian. Hope the media is not coining him otherwise just bcos he's a white American rather than a black American