Eaglet
Re: Day 9 Action

Post by Molue Conductor »

Chingo Bling wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
folem wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
folem wrote:
Babafad wrote:After all that hard work......Maryam finishes LAST, and it wasn't even her fault! :mad:

The coaches have got to answer for this failure......haba!!
No.

She went for broke.

It was Bronze or Nothing.

You have 3 lifts though so why go all out on the first? Especially if C&J is not your strong point. Are the rest of us missing somethings

Yes. What they do is add up Snatch + Clear & Jerk for the TOTAL which is the Olympic Medal. The other competitors were stronger so she had to go for it. 156 may have been safe but will not win a medal which is what Naija wants. She gave it her all but got beaten.
But she was 3rd in the Snatch with one point above the Armenian. The Armenian lifted 158 in her first lit so that is all Miriam had to lift to get back to bronze position. And since she lifts after the Armenian all she has to do is match the Armenian's lift, not so?
Not really considering her body weight, she had to lift way more than the Armeninan who eventually lifted 164
body weight is not an issue unless the total score is a tie if she matches the Armenian she wins, simple as that, that is all she had to do.
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

next sport - fencing

kai...too confusing.

next!!

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Edith boxes tomorrow against the European champion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Muizat Ajoke Odumosu doing 400m hurdles in 45 mins, no chance there
Egg

Post by folem »

Molue Conductor wrote:in hind sight Kashirina should have attempted 184
I don't think the rules allow for lifting a lower weight than the one already lifted. She had to match 187 not lower. I will check the rules again.
Last edited by folem on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

folem wrote:
I don't think the rules allow for lifting a lower weight than the one already lifted. She had to match 187 not lower. I will check the rules again.
i get the sense WL is kinda like high jump, with all kinda mind games at play.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

folem wrote:
I don't think the rules allow for lifting a lower weight than the one already lifted. She had to match 181 not lower. I will check the rules again.
i think you are right i forgot that rule...you cannot reduce the weight if someone lifted it.
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Babafad wrote:
soothsayer wrote:
folem wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
folem wrote:
Babafad wrote:After all that hard work......Maryam finishes LAST, and it wasn't even her fault! :mad:

No.

She went for broke.

You have 3 lifts though so why go all out on the first? Especially if C&J is not your strong point. Are the rest of us missing somethings
Yes. What they do is add up Snatch + Clear & Jerk for the TOTAL which is the Olympic Medal. The other competitors were stronger so she had to go for it. 156 may have been safe but will not win a medal which is what Naija wants. She gave it her all but got beaten.
Nigeria dropped out totally.. okay what happens if one of the athletes is found to have used druggs?????? where will Nigeria be with no lifts????
Maryam wasn't even classified. She registered no lift at all in the final stage. So even if 10 of those before her had tested positive, she would have still missed out.
Babafad, you normally have 3 attempts for each weight lift attempt. once you start on a weight you have to lift it you can't decrease it. If you fail 3 times on your first lift no scores are recorded and you bomb out!!!!! Personally I feel there are more disadvantages to going for broke than advantages, for instance you are not given anytime to regain your strength so the weight becomes heavier..... secondly as stated above if you fail to lift it you have no score and you bomb out. If she however went for more conservative weight she will record a score, she then has 3 chances for the next weight she decides to lift, she can then go for broke. At least she would have a lift and she she would be in contention. I don't know if she convinced her coaches she could do it or she was encouraged to go for it. but the coach should know their athlete and how they cope in competition situations. They should not have fallen for kidology and gamble.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

soothsayer wrote:
Babafad wrote:
soothsayer wrote:
folem wrote:
Molue Conductor wrote:
folem wrote:

No.

She went for broke.

Nigeria dropped out totally.. okay what happens if one of the athletes is found to have used druggs?????? where will Nigeria be with no lifts????
Maryam wasn't even classified. She registered no lift at all in the final stage. So even if 10 of those before her had tested positive, she would have still missed out.
Babafad, you normally have 3 attempts for each weight lift attempt. once you start on a weight you have to lift it you can't decrease it. If you fail 3 times on your first lift no scores are recorded and you bomb out!!!!! Personally I feel there are more disadvantages to going for broke than advantages, for instance you are not given anytime to regain your strength so the weight becomes heavier..... secondly as stated above if you fail to lift it you have no score and you bomb out. If she however went for more conservative weight she will record a score, she then has 3 chances for the next weight she decides to lift, she can then go for broke. At least she would have a lift and she she would be in contention. I don't know if she convinced her coaches she could do it or she was encouraged to go for it. but the coach should know their athlete and how they cope in competition situations. They should not have fallen for kidology and gamble.
two chances.

You get 3 lifts total, not 3 lifts per weight
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Medals for the long jump winners, Nigeria has a triple jumper, I think he used to represent Britain but switched I think.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

hmm I would love to tap T'Erea brown.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Stamblova stumble over the hurdle. What an irony!
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Oshkosh in hurdles heat
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Odumosu third in the second heat
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

Has the brits won in tennis????
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

trying to remember did we feature a finalist in the 100meters last Olympics?
soothsayer
Egg
Egg

Post by soothsayer »

ah we had a Nigerian representing britain in discus.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Battle of the sexy girls of turkey and USA in the vball, USA 1 set up
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Foluke to serve
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

soothsayer wrote:trying to remember did we feature a finalist in the 100meters last Olympics?
We only got to the quarterfinals.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?