Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Bolt: 'I've lost all respect for Carl Lewis'

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:You assume Bolt is a lawyer.

:wink:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
ifect70
Egg
Egg

Post by ifect70 »

THERE IS NO ONE ALIVE THAT CAN COMPETE AT THAT LEVEL WITHOUT JUICING.
Na person way daybreak catch na him be thief.
KUDOS "LIGHTENING BOLT"
kalamashaka
Egg
Egg

Post by kalamashaka »

Carl Lewis should go sit down!
"How many white men went in the party that destroyed Abame?"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...
Lawyers can change the definition of a deal...especially if $$$ mandates it.

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...

Cheers, Mate

So he doesn't have a legal team now??
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Carl Lewis is pissed off he is not gettting the attention he normaly gets when the Olympics comes around. He believes the media, fans and all should still be talking about him years after he retired from the game. Shame on him.
Soldier of Fortune...
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...

Cheers, Mate

Certainly not as big as Nike, McDonald's, IBM, and co.

:)

Cheers, Mate
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

mate wrote:
platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...

Cheers, Mate

Cheers, Mate

Your initial statement was "he should have signed the big a$$ deals before yapping". My counter then was what makes you think he doesnt have those deals signed then you went onto to say not unless he is a lawyer... and so on and so forth...
Do you see how it's not following a logical path?
If your initial assertion was he should have signed before yapping and I'm saying there's every chance he had deals signed and sealed BEFORE the games. But you're moving the goalpost now and the topic is suddenly about how his lawyers are not as good as theirs?
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

pajimoh wrote:
Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:One cannot accuse any athlete until they've been tested and proven to be drug cheat. But let's not be illogical here. If this statement that Carl made is indeed true then one can truly say that their federation has aired. Athletes in the UK must be available 24/7 for testing and it can be midnight or when you're coming out of a club

We even saw what happened to Rio Ferdinand when he was not available for testing and that is football
"Countries like Jamaica do not have a random (drugs testing) program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field.
I don't think it is just the UK. It is everywhere. Those are the rules of the international athletics federation, not UK rules. Same applies to the Rio Ferdinand situation: those are FIFA anti-doping rules and no UK rules... Meanwhile, I have heard claims that the US federation covered up failed doping tests by Carl Lewis. I don't know how true that is.b
You're right that it's not a UK rule but merely pointing out that some countries follow the rules and some countries might be relaxed about the rules while some countries will actively participate in breaking the rules
It is indeed not a level playing field and someone like Lewis should know- he's been a beneficiary of such disregard for rules
Agreed. In the case of Carl Lewis and others, the US Olympic Committee allegedly cleared them of their doping violations to enable them to go to the Olympics.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
platinum wrote:
mate wrote:
platinum wrote:

Cheers, Mate

Expatiate kindly...

Cheers, Mate

Cheers, Mate

Your initial statement was "he should have signed the big a$$ deals before yapping". My counter then was what makes you think he doesnt have those deals signed then you went onto to say not unless he is a lawyer... and so on and so forth...
Do you see how it's not following a logical path?
If your initial assertion was he should have signed before yapping and I'm saying there's every chance he had deals signed and sealed BEFORE the games. But you're moving the goalpost now and the topic is suddenly about how his lawyers are not as good as theirs?

Me too I am lost with his argument, it does make any sense at all. :oops:
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet
No Respect For Carl Lewis - Usain Bolt

Post by Purity »

American Lewis is the only other man to win two Olympic 100m gold medals, the second coming in 1988 when he was promoted from second place after the disqualification of Ben Johnson.

He won the 200m in 1984 but managed only silver four years later. He did, however, have a remarkable run of success in the long jump, winning that event in four successive Games for a tally of nine golds in all.

In the wake of Bolt's triple-gold record success in Beijing Lewis was quick to point the finger of suspicion at him and Jamaica in general.

"I think there are some issues," he said at the time.

"Countries like Jamaica do not have a random (drugs testing) program, so they can go months without being tested. I'm not saying anyone is on anything, but everyone needs to be on a level playing field.

"I'm not saying they've done anything for certain. I don't know. But how dare anybody feel that there shouldn't be scrutiny, especially in our sport?" He has continued to fire broadsides ever since but Bolt, now with his sprinting record unquestionably superior, hit back.

"I'm going to say something controversial right now, Carl Lewis - I have no respect for him," Bolt said, having cited 1936 quadruple champion Jesse Owens as a man he held in the highest regard.

"The things he (Lewis) says about the track athletes, it's really downgrading for another athlete to be saying something like that about other athletes.

"I think he is just looking for attention really because nobody really talks much about him. It was really sad for me when I heard the other day what he was saying, it was upsetting.

"So, for me, I've lost all respect for him, all respect.

"It was all about drugs, about drugs stuff for me. For an athlete to be out of the sport saying that was really upsetting for me. As far as I am concerned he is just looking for attention."

Lewis tested positive three times for a stimulant before the 1988 Games but had the results overturned by American officials.

He was named "Athlete of the 20th Century" by the IOC, the IAAF, and American magazine Sports Illustrated and has always seemed uncomfortable with the idea that someone from the 21st century could surpass his achievements.

Asked before the London Games what he thought of Bolt, he said: "It's just... interesting.

"I watch the results like everyone else and wait... for time to tell."

Even after Bolt won his second 100m title, Lewis's congratulations were wrapped in barbed wire.

"He repeats and he's tremendous and he's the second person to do it and congratulations," he said last week.

"The thing for me, what I really admire about anyone, is longevity. We still have to have the longevity and dominance through the era because for me performance-wise, you really have to put longevity in.

"I'm really not trying to take anything away from his performance because it was tremendous, but you've got to see the consistency over a period of time because as of now it's just a four-year period and you really have to see a continuous dominance.

"We'll see."

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/bolt ... 38050.html
Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

Make Carl Lewis go sit down abeg :roll:
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Vincent. wrote:
pajimoh wrote:One cannot accuse any athlete until they've been tested and proven to be drug cheat. But let's not be illogical here. If this statement that Carl made is indeed true then one can truly say that their federation has aired. Athletes in the UK must be available 24/7 for testing and it can be midnight or when you're coming out of a club

We even saw what happened to Rio Ferdinand when he was not available for testing and that is football
I don't think it is just the UK. It is everywhere. Those are the rules of the international athletics federation, not UK rules. Same applies to the Rio Ferdinand situation: those are FIFA anti-doping rules and no UK rules... Meanwhile, I have heard claims that the US federation covered up failed doping tests by Carl Lewis. I don't know how true that is.b
Very correct. Back in the day when Naija's Seun Ogunkoya ruled Africa briefly, IAAF actually came around to test him in Akure, Ondo State unannounced and that was before WADA was formed. The guy was shocked and even wanted to run away initially. I honestly do not expect WADA to be doing any less now. So I do not get it when people say Jamaica doesnt have an all year round anti-doping program. It'not just about Jamaica but the world at large. If Jamaica doesnt do it, WADA would do it.

While it's not totally impossible that the Jamos are on something illegal, it's just wrong to cast aspersions on them without any real or substantial evidence. It's sour grapes, really. It wont even matter if these guys say "I told you so" should the Jamaican athletes return a deluge of positive tests eventually.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

mate wrote:Whatever the reality behind doping, something tells me Bolt has made a big mistake when it comes to getting corporate American contracts. He should have signed the big $$$ deals and then opened his mouth. Not too smart.

Cheers, Mate
What is "corporate American contracts" when there are multinational endorsements?

And is it Bolt that wants corporate America or corporate America that wants Bolt?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

Vincent. wrote:

Carl Lewis raises a valid point. I have been told that in cycling for instance some athletes take drugs during the off season and build muscles. Then stop taking drugs later and test negative at the time of the competition. However the muscles built by the drugs do not go away. Hence it would be important to know if Jamaica tests her athletes or not as claimed by Carl Lewis.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:[Lewis tested positive three times for a stimulant before the 1988 Games but had the results overturned by American officials.

He was named "Athlete of the 20th Century" by the IOC, the IAAF, and American magazine Sports Illustrated and has always seemed uncomfortable with the idea that someone from the 21st century could surpass his achievements.
These Americans are something else, aren't they? Even after they are caught red-handed, they deny it to the heavens and point the finger elsewhere. If I were Bolt, I would feel the same way about Carl Lewis and as for Carl Lewis, he better get used to the fact that Bolt is better than him :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mate wrote:Whatever the reality behind doping, something tells me Bolt has made a big mistake when it comes to getting corporate American contracts. He should have signed the big $$$ deals and then opened his mouth. Not too smart.

Cheers, Mate
Spoken like a true slave to money. It's not all about money my friend. There's a little something called pride and another called integrity that do not allow some people to sell their souls :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.