Worst Olympics in a long long time

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Worst Olympics in a long long time

Post by Benedict Iroha »

So many empty stadiums....even for track and field...probably the most premier event in the olympics
tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: Worst Olympics in a long long time

Post by tfco »

I'm not feeling these games at all

Too many events - how tf some of these are Olympics sports, i will never know

trampoline
dressage - man/woman on horse, prancing about to music. dem for add ballroom dancing then
skeet shooting

...and a host of other sh.!t

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

The countries that are able to pour huge resources into sport like the USA, China, Japan and the UK are becoming so dominant that if you are not from one of these countries the only thing to cheer for is glorious failure, and there is only so much of that you can take.

Plus the host country Brazil has been relatively useless. Often the sheer force of a home crowd brings out unexpected triumphs and a surge for the home country but no ones told Brazil. With the games half way they have only won one gold medal, one silver and two bronze, that is poor.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

tfco wrote:I'm not feeling these games at all

trampoline
dressage - man/woman on horse, prancing about to music. dem for add ballroom dancing then
skeet shooting

but these events are not new :???: :???: :???:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

trampoline is new-ish

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

trampoline
skeet shooting

So many useless events. That's why the US and others pack gold medals.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

tfco wrote:trampoline is new-ish

Olympics have always been full of useless sports. I remember watching my first Olympics as a kid. I looked at the schedule, and prepare to watch "wrestling". I was expecting "real" (fake) wrestling, but all they showed was a bunch of dudes grappling on some sort of mat. I thought, "ok, maybe it is because they called it Greco-Roman". I assured myself that the other one, listed as "freestyle", will include head-butts, flying kicks, etc. You all can guess what happened...
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Chimurenga Rebel
Egg
Egg

Post by Chimurenga Rebel »

Those in the UK has the time difference ruined your viewing experience?
"Just call me the Chimurenga Man. A guerilla. Soldier of peace.Man of the people. I write love poems with the barrel of my gun. For Africa always." - Japheth Ncube
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

bret- hart wrote:

trampoline
skeet shooting

So many useless events. That's why the US and others pack gold medals.

PLEASE. Look at their opening ceremony & u will c y they pack gold.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Gudo wrote:Those in the UK has the time difference ruined your viewing experience?
Yes, very much.

I understand a lot of the events were moved to later times to cater for the US crowd.
Total nonsense.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

benteke wrote:
Gudo wrote:Those in the UK has the time difference ruined your viewing experience?
Yes, very much.

I understand a lot of the events were moved to later times to cater for the US crowd.
Total nonsense.
Did your Putin crowd tell you this? :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Brazil is in the same time zone as the US. Therefore I think it is logical that their events' times "cater to the US crowd" by catering to their own crowd. You certainly do not expect them to play soccer by 6-9 am to pacify the European crowd. What times were the 2014 WC matches shown in the UK?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
benteke wrote:
Yes, very much.

Total nonsense.

Brazil is in the same time zone as the US. Therefore I think it is logical that their events' times "cater to the US crowd" by catering to their own crowd. You certainly do not expect them to play soccer by 6-9 am to pacify the European crowd. What times were the 2014 WC matches shown in the UK?
For one I heard tv commentators on BBC saying one of the swimming event's was moved to a later time slot because Phelps was taking part and they wanted it to be aired at prime time in USA coz Phelps has a large following there.
Then they went on and on, unless they were talking bullshit.

We watched a lot of WC cup games in UK I think the latest ones we watched were around 1am.
But we did have a lot of games around 9-10pm.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

benteke wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
benteke wrote:
Yes, very much.

Total nonsense.

For one I heard tv commentators on BBC saying one of the swimming event's was moved to a later time slot because Phelps was taking part and they wanted it to be aired at prime time in USA coz Phelps has a large following there.

We watched a lot of WC cup games in UK I think the latest ones we watched were around 1am.
IOC knows where their bread is buttered. Newsflash, it ain't Her Majesty's country. Do you know US Olympic committee was able to negotiate to get 10% of whatever IOS makes from broadcasting rights in other non-US countries? Why? Because even in other countries, the leading advertisers are still US based countries. End of day, most of the money in Olympics come directly/indirectly from US sources. No US, no Olympics. So yes, IOC damn sure be catering to our whims.
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
rasak74
Egg
Egg

Post by rasak74 »

Besides soccer, track and fields and boxing....................nothing special about the olympics to me.
Internet gangster
Uses the internet as a front for acting like a tough guy gang member, usually because they are hoping to gain the respect that they lack in their real life. Don't be fooled........This person is a sham. This person is not actually an attack dog, they are a timid house cat.
Troll
One who deliberately starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Benedict Iroha wrote:So many empty stadiums....even for track and field...probably the most premier event in the olympics
:clap:
Thank you my brother. Even the mood doesnt seem festive. Makes me appreciate what a wonderful job the Brits did even them I was taunting them at every turn at the time.

Brazil should be ashamed
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Samora Machel wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:So many empty stadiums....even for track and field...probably the most premier event in the olympics
Thank you my brother. Even the mood doesnt seem festive. Makes me appreciate what a wonderful job the Brits did even them I was taunting them at every turn at the time.

Brazil should be ashamed
Say what you want about the British they know how to plan. They use to rely on goverment money about 16 years ago and won only three medals. They now secured a percentage of the lottery money to fund athletes that has potential and invest in sports They are good at, hiring petformace directors from all over the world for cycling, rising and swimming. If you go below a particular time they cut your funding
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

amafolas wrote:
benteke wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
benteke wrote:
Yes, very much.

Total nonsense.

IOC knows where their bread is buttered. Newsflash, it ain't Her Majesty's country. Do you know US Olympic committee was able to negotiate to get 10% of whatever IOS makes from broadcasting rights in other non-US countries? Why? Because even in other countries, the leading advertisers are still US based countries. End of day, most of the money in Olympics come directly/indirectly from US sources. No US, no Olympics. So yes, IOC damn sure be catering to our whims.

There's no advertising on BBC.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Prince wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Brazil should be ashamed
Say what you want about the British they know how to plan. They use to rely on goverment money about 16 years ago and won only three medals. They now secured a percentage of the lottery money to fund athletes that has potential and invest in sports They are good at, hiring petformace directors from all over the world for cycling, rising and swimming. If you go below a particular time they cut your funding

:clap: :clap:
Chief I "hate" the brits but I also have mad respect for them. Nobody does planning better than these bastsrdds. They are genious
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

So I am watching Fencing, just for the heck of it

2 guys with wires on them and helmets flashing red/green and other colours.

Looks ok, but with such sophistry how many countries will be able to afford to participate

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

Samora Machel wrote:
Prince wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Brazil should be ashamed

:clap: :clap:
Chief I "hate" the brits but I also have mad respect for them. Nobody does planning better than these bastsrdds. They are genious

But lads answer me one question, how come WC2014 in this same Brazil was quite nice, lot's of full stadiums etc.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

tfco wrote:So I am watching Fencing, just for the heck of it

Looks ok, but with such sophistry how many countries will be able to afford to participate
Come on guy's, all this funny sports is nothing new to Olympics, it didn't start in Brazil Olympics.

Maybe the media is not hyping up this Olympics on purpose so they can say look how $#% Brazil was.

I find myself as eager as any other time waiting for track and field as usual, just the viewing times are messing me up.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Prince wrote:
Samora Machel wrote:

Brazil should be ashamed
Say what you want about the British they know how to plan. They use to rely on government money about 16 years ago and won only three medals. They now secured a percentage of the lottery money to fund athletes that has potential and invest in sports They are good at, hiring petformace directors from all over the world for cycling, rising and swimming. If you go below a particular time they cut your funding
In 1996 in Atlanta Nigerian had twice as many Gold Medal Britain and finished above them in the medal table. They then started this Lottery sports funding and this has turbo charged their sports, as I type they are second in the table.

They lottery scheme is worth other countries having a look at. It has done wonders for British sport.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

benteke wrote:
tfco wrote:So I am watching Fencing, just for the heck of it

Come on guy's, all this funny sports is nothing new to Olympics, it didn't start in Brazil Olympics.

Maybe the media is not hyping up this Olympics on purpose so they can say look how $#% Brazil was.

I find myself as eager as any other time waiting for track and field as usual, just the viewing times are messing me up.
some folks may have just started watching olympics...or perhaps they are swallowing too much propaganda.
AFCON 2019 sweet o