Moderator: Moderator Team

Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NIGERIA VS BRAZIL

Post by Man Ataye »

Solowe wrote:
theYemster wrote:
F360 wrote:They've fallen apart in the 4th quarter.

I think they gave all they had.
Yeah I think so too. The game to have won was Lithuania.

I hope they build on this. Hopefully the coaching crew is retained so he can develop a long term program. In just over a year he's done very well. Maybe he can start working on recruiting other eligibles.
With a better coach.. they would have won vs Luthuinia, Spain, Brazil..

add With Farouk and the other guy missing (our 2 best players), they would have beaten everyone in this group...

HMMMMM. AND CROATS WE BEAT, BEAT LITHUANIA. GOOD TOOLING AND BETTER PLAY, WE COULD HAVE 2.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

So Coach Ayo Bakare had the same impact as Coach Voigts....hmmm...
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Player wrote:So Coach Ayo Bakare had the same impact as Coach Voigts....hmmm...
Voigts is a great X & O coach but as a leader and motivator he was terrible. The timeouts were always X & O. Sometimes the guys just need a pick me up. Bakare was good at motivation but was not so good at X & O....but he also had Al Farouq and was only able to beat Tunisia.

I believe Al Faroug and Ezeli would have given us 2 more victories in this group play. Once we got into QFs, as long as we had avoided any of USA/AUS/FRA, we could have possibly medaled.

I think this Olympics was an opportunity lost in so many ways. Only positives were Ibekwe (should get an invite to an NBA camp) and Gbinije (Hope he stays the course and improves his outside shooting).

Flops for me were Ike Diogu (Little hands, turnovers and no post presence), Oguchi (3 went missing 4 out of 5 games and cant handle the ball or finish at the rim for NOTHING) and Alade Aminu (Just not good enough)

Ben Uzoh is not recovered from his debilitating injury and it showed. Josh, Ebi and Okoye played well in spurts. Umeh looks a prospect but I think he may be too old to call him that.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

We were told Ayo Bakare was the one holding the team back. Was made to believe once we sack him, all will be well!

There is more to success than having a 'great' coach.

Hopefully we build on this experience.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
kolinzo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kolinzo »

wanaj0 wrote:
We were told Ayo Bakare was the one holding the team back. Was made to believe once we sack him, all will be well!

There is more to success than having a 'great' coach.

Hopefully we build on this experience.
I may have missed it, but did people blame the coach Bakare for Naija's performances at the last Olympics? If true, then those guys know nothing about the game.
DAK TO THE FUTURE...HOT BOYZ...DEM BOYZ...COWBOYZ!!

To be scientifically literate is to empower yourself to know when someone else is full of boolsheet!

Scientifically speaking: ANC Trophies = 3/4 when Br^33 = 0.
***Breda = Br****
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

Ugbowo wrote:
Voigts is a great X & O coach but as a leader and motivator he was terrible. The timeouts were always X & O. Sometimes the guys just need a pick me up. Bakare was good at motivation but was not so good at X & O....but he also had Al Farouq and was only able to beat Tunisia.

I believe Al Faroug and Ezeli would have given us 2 more victories in this group play. Once we got into QFs, as long as we had avoided any of USA/AUS/FRA, we could have possibly medaled.

I think this Olympics was an opportunity lost in so many ways. Only positives were Ibekwe (should get an invite to an NBA camp) and Gbinije (Hope he stays the course and improves his outside shooting).

Flops for me were Ike Diogu (Little hands, turnovers and no post presence), Oguchi (3 went missing 4 out of 5 games and cant handle the ball or finish at the rim for NOTHING) and Alade Aminu (Just not good enough)

Ben Uzoh is not recovered from his debilitating injury and it showed. Josh, Ebi and Okoye played well in spurts. Umeh looks a prospect but I think he may be too old to call him that.
Definitely agree with the above. Just one thing, Okoye did not play the whole tournament, that decision made no sense to me.

We really need to continue to build as a program. My fear now is that Tijani Umar is nearing the end of his term, someone new is now going to come in and start all over from scratch.
"The house Negro and the field Negro sat at dinner, when the field Negro turned his head, the house Negro put some poison in his food but the field Negro saw him do it and when the house Negro turned his head, the field Negro "turned the tray around."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Not exactly. One won the AfroBasket for us for the first time.

I agree with Ugbowo regarding the coach. The team was out hustled most times and that wasn't an X and O issue. It was a lack of motivation problem. But I think with time Voigts can do better. Just over a year he's had with this team I believe. A little consistency will go a long way. I think we need to do better with our recruiting. Start early from college. Use celebs if necessary.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Player
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Player »

theYemster wrote:

I agree with Ugbowo regarding the coach. The team was out hustled most times and that wasn't an X and O issue. It was a lack of motivation problem. But I think with time Voigts can do better. Just over a year he's had with this team I believe. A little consistency will go a long way. I think we need to do better with our recruiting. Start early from college. Use celebs if necessary.
Marginally, Bakare had the task of guiding Nigeria to their first ever Olympics and the road was not easy. However i do agree that Voigts is a better coach with the board.

Just trying to say that our problem lies deeper than just coaching.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

theYemster wrote:

One also qualified us for the Olympics for the first time.

Coaching is the LEAST of our problems.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

We continue to blame the coaches for a systemic problem...
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8