Seriously

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Seriously

Post by 1naija »

Nigeria should only participate in soccer in the Olympics. This is just a waste if everybody's time. What's the point, really?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Seriously

Post by Man Ataye »

just develop ya sports..when we start failing in soccer what will u say then???? Throwing in the towel is not the answer..I mean jammos wained for a while in track look at them now..U think if they thru in the towel, they would b what they r now??? Mayb, thats y we r where we r, cuzz we think like this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

The heroes are representing and we must cheer them
If we want medals then we must develop the sports and throw our support behind it
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

akamoke wrote:The heroes are representing and we must cheer them
If we want medals then we must develop the sports and throw our support behind it

S. I. M. P. L. E.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Money == Medals. British success has proved it. They spent 10 million in 1996 got one medal. Have spend something like 264 million this year and are currently second.

Is this the way for rest of the world, probably not. No be every country get that kind money. A lesson from Britain if it is really medals you want rather than just participating and sight seeing then don't go around chasing Dugbe sports like athletics and boxing. Diversify even into niches and then focus your funding in the niches that are successful.

Also set proper targets for qualification, no point sending someone to 100ms if his best ever time is 10.20 it is a luxury for the likes of Japan, Germany and China
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

AreaDaddy wrote:Money == Medals. British success has proved it. They spent 10 million in 1996 got one medal. Have spend something like 264 million this year and are currently second.

Is this the way for rest of the world, probably not. No be every country get that kind money. A lesson from Britain if it is really medals you want rather than just participating and sight seeing then don't go around chasing Dugbe sports like athletics and boxing. Diversify even into niches and then focus your funding in the niches that are successful.

Also set proper targets for qualification, no point sending someone to 100ms if his best ever time is 10.20 it is a luxury for the likes of Japan, Germany and China
Money == Medals. Japan, Germany & China don't afford such luxury too. All of their 100m Men competitors have a PB better than 10.2.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Heroes? Really? You are catching feelings.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

AreaDaddy wrote:Money == Medals. British success has proved it. They spent 10 million in 1996 got one medal. Have spend something like 264 million this year and are currently second.

Yeah, but people with 10.40s best time are going. We should concentrate on areas we are good at. No point going there year after year to make up the numbers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Also, Kenya, Ethiopia, and some of the South American countries are not spending 100s of million of dollars, instead they are focusing on where there strength lie. Ww should do the same.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

1naija wrote:

Heroes? Really? You are catching feelings.
Yes Heroes
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by realtrouble »

1naija wrote:Also, Kenya, Ethiopia, and some of the South American countries are not spending 100s of million of dollars, instead they are focusing on where there strength lie. Ww should do the same.
Our strength is in boxing and football.