JEREMY TAIWO

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
JEREMY TAIWO

Post by anointed »

Another American sired by a Nigerian father in the US. The father is Joseph Taiwo, who repped us in 1984 and 1988 Olympics. I remember Taiwo and Ajayi Agbebaku in the LA Olympics. They were in the top 10 but one of them, I think Agbebaku, the better jumper was injured and was carried away by something like a golf cart.

Jeremy is live now competing as a decathlete for the US. I'm sure if he had been raised in Naija he might never have been an athlete in the first place or be frustrated by clowns wearing red berets.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JEREMY TAIWO

Post by bret- hart »

Has Nigeria approached his twin brother/sister? We cant let that talent go to waste o.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

anointed wrote:Another American sired by a Nigerian father in the US. The father is Joseph Taiwo, who repped us in 1984 and 1988 Olympics. I remember Taiwo and Ajayi Agbebaku in the LA Olympics. They were in the top 10 but one of them, I think Agbebaku, the better jumper was injured and was carried away by something like a golf cart.

Jeremy is live now competing as a decathlete for the US. I'm sure if he had been raised in Naija he might never have been an athlete in the first place or be frustrated by clowns wearing red berets.
No mind us. Naija na like one huge DRAINAGE.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Godfather
Egg
Egg

Post by Godfather »

bret- hart wrote:Has Nigeria approached his twin brother/sister? We cant let that talent go to waste o.
What will be incentive? Just curious.
“Achebe was a writer in whose company the Prison walls fell down.” – Dr. Nelson Mandela.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

anointed wrote:Another American sired by a Nigerian father in the US. The father is Joseph Taiwo, who repped us in 1984 and 1988 Olympics. I remember Taiwo and Ajayi Agbebaku in the LA Olympics. They were in the top 10 but one of them, I think Agbebaku, the better jumper was injured and was carried away by something like a golf cart.

Ajayi Agbebaku was injured at the 1984 Olympics. A triple jumper who was almost guaranteed a medal! Himself, Yusuf Ali, Sunday Uti and Innocent were the Nigerian hope in 1984! Those were times when things were still good!
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

the number of naijas repping other countries is insane - by birth or by switching

i'd say Naija is #1 at these games.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

tfco wrote:the number of naijas repping other countries is insane - by birth or by switching

Americans are also representing Nigeria.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

folem wrote:
tfco wrote:the number of naijas repping other countries is insane - by birth or by switching

true

i'd say Naija's are repping UK, USA, Qatar, Bahrain. Have not seen any representing the Eastern Bloc yet

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

tfco wrote:
folem wrote:

true

i'd say Naija's are repping UK, USA, Qatar, Bahrain. Have not seen any representing the Eastern Bloc yet
I saw a Ghanaian representing on the Danish handball team
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Chingo Bling
Egg
Egg

Post by Chingo Bling »

bret- hart wrote:Has Nigeria approached his twin brother/sister? We cant let that talent go to waste o.
Taiwo is the surname
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
folem wrote:

true

Mensah :woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:roll:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
tfco wrote:
folem wrote:

true

Mensah :woot: :woot: :woot:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote:

The dregs are what we have. Who on earth is Antwon Hicks for instance? I read somewhere that several excellent Chinese table tennis players had to take up other nationalities to compete in international competitions like the Games because the competition at home was too much. If we had one of them, then you are talking. Or can you imagine Aries Merritt & Kendra Harrison running for Naija cos she couldn't win a place each in the make & female sprint hurdles cos the competition was too tough in the US?

But we all know we can only get the dregs considering the way we treat our athletes.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Japan 4x100m team has a finisher with a surname...Cambridge

but he's of Jamaican origin, so...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

folem
Egg
Egg

Post by folem »

anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

The dregs are what we have. Who on earth is Antwon Hicks for instance? I read somewhere that several excellent Chinese table tennis players had to take up other nationalities to compete in international competitions like the Games because the competition at home was too much. If we had one of them, then you are talking. Or can you imagine Aries Merritt & Kendra Harrison running for Naija cos she couldn't win a place each in the make & female sprint hurdles cos the competition was too tough in the US?

But we all know we can only get the dregs considering the way we treat our athletes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antwon_Hicks

Antwon Hicks (born March 12, 1983) is an American/Nigerian track and field hurdler who competes in the 110-meter hurdles. He was the gold medallist in that event at the 2002 World Junior Championships in Athletics – the first American to win that title. He was twice NCAA indoor champion in the 60-meter hurdles.

He was a 15-time state high school champion and the 1999 American junior champion in the high jump.

A regular participant at national events, he came close to Olympic selection on two occasions, coming fifth at the 2008 United States Olympic Trials and fourth at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials. At the 2008 event he recorded his lifetime best of 13.09 seconds in the semi-finals. This time ranked him fourth in the world that year and moved him into the all-time top thirty hurdlers. The only people to run faster that year were world record holder and Olympic champion Dayron Robles and American Olympic medalists David Oliver and Terrence Trammell.

He ranked seventh at the 2009 IAAF World Athletics Final.

He opted to run for Nigeria late in his career. Another American hurdler, Tyron Akins, opted to do the same around this period in 2014.
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

folem wrote:
anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

Antwon Hicks (born March 12, 1983) is an American/Nigerian track and field hurdler who competes in the 110-meter hurdles. He was the gold medallist in that event at the 2002 World Junior Championships in Athletics – the first American to win that title. He was twice NCAA indoor champion in the 60-meter hurdles.

He was a 15-time state high school champion and the 1999 American junior champion in the high jump.

A regular participant at national events, he came close to Olympic selection on two occasions, coming fifth at the 2008 United States Olympic Trials and fourth at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials. At the 2008 event he recorded his lifetime best of 13.09 seconds in the semi-finals. This time ranked him fourth in the world that year and moved him into the all-time top thirty hurdlers. The only people to run faster that year were world record holder and Olympic champion Dayron Robles and American Olympic medalists David Oliver and Terrence Trammell.

He opted to run for Nigeria late in his career. Another American hurdler, Tyron Akins, opted to do the same around this period in 2014.

DID WE FAIL THEM BOTH? ?????? :? :?
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

folem wrote:
anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

So, your post doesn't make him dreg? Did you understand my context?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

If we actually play our cards rights, we can get VERY DECENT American and British athletes with Nigerian background to represent us at the Olympics if they cannot make the cut for the US and Britain. It is a win-win situation - an opportunity for them to go to the Olympics, an opportunity for us to win medals. It happens in football, it can happen in Olympic sports.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Vincent. wrote:
anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

If we actually play our cards rights, we can get VERY DECENT American and British athletes with Nigerian background to represent us at the Olympics if they cannot make the cut for the US and Britain. It is a win-win situation - an opportunity for them to go to the Olympics, an opportunity for us to win medals. It happens in football, it can happen in Olympic sports.

Happens in all Arenas of sports. Actually know a guy who plays ball & wants to rep 4 Naija. Mum is yanks, pops Naija. Plays overseas now I think.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Vincent. wrote:
anointed wrote:
folem wrote:

What's in it for them representing Nigeria?
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Half of University of Texas track and field team have Nigerian names ... at least it looks that way from the last big 12 track meet I watched. These are future Olympians. Nigeria should make concerted effort to convince them to represent Nigeria like we currently do in soccer.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dr. Wazobia
Egg
Egg

Post by Dr. Wazobia »

1naija wrote:Half of University of Texas track and field team have Nigerian names ... at least it looks that way from the last big 12 track meet I watched. These are future Olympians. Nigeria should make concerted effort to convince them to represent Nigeria like we currently do in soccer.
Why represent a failed nation? Please, they should stay away from Nigeria if they are serious about winning Olympic medals in the future.

With a population of over 100 million people, it is a travesty that Nigeria cannot boast 10 medals (at least) at Rio. That country is obviously not working.
--- Let brotherly love continue ---
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

Dr. Wazobia wrote:
1naija wrote:Half of University of Texas track and field team have Nigerian names ... at least it looks that way from the last big 12 track meet I watched. These are future Olympians. Nigeria should make concerted effort to convince them to represent Nigeria like we currently do in soccer.
Why represent a failed nation? Please, they should stay away from Nigeria if they are serious about winning Olympic medals in the future.

With a population of over 100 million people, it is a travesty that Nigeria cannot boast 10 medals (at least) at Rio. That country is obviously not working.
It makes little of no difference. Nobody is asking them to locate to Nigeria (even top athletes that are born and bred in Nigeria and other countries operate out of training camps in the US). All they have to do is run under the Nigerian flag.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009