Team Nigeria’s kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympics Games

Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

realtrouble
Eaglet
Eaglet
Team Nigeria’s kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympics Games

Post by realtrouble »

Nigerian athletes must be superhero, to deal with this level of incompetence.

Team Nigeria’s kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympics Games ON AUGUST 19, 20166:00 AMIN NEWS, SPORTSCOMMENTS Three days to the end of the 2016 Rio Olympics, Team Nigeria took delivery of the much awaited kits after most of the athletes had concluded their events with some already back to their bases.

Solomon Dalung in Rio A top official of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria who disclosed this to Sports Vanguard Thursday, said the kits which arrived Wednesday night would no longer serve any purpose because “most of the athletes have left after concluding their events”.

He added that “I have never experienced this in my years in sports. Money meant for the Games was held tightly by ministry officials and they were just releasing money piecemeal. We had to buy kits on our own while some athletes competed in their personal kits.”

It would be recalled that Team Nigeria had to resort to their warm-up track suits for the match past of the Opening Ceremony as the sports ministry claimed the official attire which was showcased before President Muhammadu Buhari during the hand-over ceremony in Abuja failed to arrive on time for the ceremony.

Nigerians who were alarmed by the embarrassing scenario condemned the ministry for the untidy handling of the athletes’ kits but the sports minister, Solomon Dalung, in defence of the ministry, tweeted with a post that even the South African contingent appeared at the Opening Ceremony in their track suits.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/w-o- ... end-games/
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Team Nigeria’s kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympics Gam

Post by Man Ataye »

GOD BLESSUS. EEM GO BETTER. NEXT TIME WE GO PAFORM NAKED.
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
tunde72
Egg
Egg

Post by tunde72 »

What a country!!!!
YOU CAN ACHIEVE MORE ON YOUR KNEE THAN SPEAKING.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

realtrouble wrote:Nigerian athletes must be superhero, to deal with this level of incompetence.

Team Nigeria’s kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympics Games ON AUGUST 19, 20166:00 AMIN NEWS, SPORTSCOMMENTS Three days to the end of the 2016 Rio Olympics, Team Nigeria took delivery of the much awaited kits after most of the athletes had concluded their events with some already back to their bases.

Solomon Dalung in Rio A top official of the Athletics Federation of Nigeria who disclosed this to Sports Vanguard Thursday, said the kits which arrived Wednesday night would no longer serve any purpose because “most of the athletes have left after concluding their events”.

He added that “I have never experienced this in my years in sports. Money meant for the Games was held tightly by ministry officials and they were just releasing money piecemeal. We had to buy kits on our own while some athletes competed in their personal kits.”

It would be recalled that Team Nigeria had to resort to their warm-up track suits for the match past of the Opening Ceremony as the sports ministry claimed the official attire which was showcased before President Muhammadu Buhari during the hand-over ceremony in Abuja failed to arrive on time for the ceremony.

Nigerians who were alarmed by the embarrassing scenario condemned the ministry for the untidy handling of the athletes’ kits but the sports minister, Solomon Dalung, in defence of the ministry, tweeted with a post that even the South African contingent appeared at the Opening Ceremony in their track suits.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/w-o- ... end-games/
enemies of progress

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...idiots in charge. Hope their CE bag carriers are enjoying, mofos :curse:
imehjunior
Egg
Egg
Olympic kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympic

Post by imehjunior »

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37132138

Nigerian athletes in Rio received their Olympic kits only on day 13 of the Games, the BBC has learned.
Most of them had finished competing by the time the outfits arrived.
"We are disappointed and embarrassed. We've been wearing kits from the World Athletics Championships," one athlete, requesting anonymity, told the BBC.
Nigeria's men's football team has its own sponsored kit - but it has been hit by funding problems and players only arrived hours before their first match.
The team plays for bronze on Saturday against Honduras.
Africa's most populous country has so far won no medals at Rio, with only three more days of competition left to go.
Africa Live: BBC news update
The BBC spoke to two athletes who confirmed that they had only received their sports and ceremonial kits on Thursday.
Bloggers have been comparing the tracksuits worn by Nigeria's Olympics team at Rio's opening ceremony (L) to the outfits worn for London 2012 (R)
An unnamed Athletics Federation of Nigeria official told Nigeria's Vanguard newspaper that he had never experienced anything like this in all his years in sport.
"Money meant for the Games was held tightly by [sport] ministry officials and they were just releasing money piecemeal," the official is quoted as saying.
The government had budgeted 600m naira ($1.7m; £1.3m) for the Olympics, the Vanguard reported in July.
But payment problems appear to have dogged Nigerian Olympians.
Japanese plastic surgeon, Katsuya Takasu, is donating $200,000 to the football team after hearing about its financial difficulties.
The players were held up in the US city of Atlanta because of problems paying for their flight and only landed in Brazil just hours before their opening 5-4 win over Japan.
Mr Takasu has also promised each player a $10,000 bonus if they win bronze.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Olympic kits arrive 3 days to end of Olympic

Post by oloye »

Reminds me of when i attended the World University games in Zagreb 87, our kits arrived a day before our departure back to Naija.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

oloye wrote:Reminds me of when i attended the World University games in Zagreb 87, our kits arrived a day before our departure back to Naija.

Oloye my friend, a kit does not an athlete make. What difference would it have made? :taunt: A lone medal, perhaps? Shoddy preparations ....heads need to roll. Buhari has lost his mojo..
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Not bad..at least they have souvenirs to take home.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

oloye wrote:Reminds me of when i attended the World University games in Zagreb 87, our kits arrived a day before our departure back to Naija.
:rotf: :rotf: Like someone said na souvenir e don turn to.
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Nigeria is an embarrassing country.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I said it times, nothing works in the country, absolutely nothing and some funny people here expect nigeria to play good football, a sport that requires organization, how on earth are they going to do this???
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Well since Nigeria always take excessive time to get things done.

Can we get started on the kits for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo now and ship them before the end of the year?

Of course, knowing Nigeria, come 2020 someone will forget to pay for storage or they will forget to book the courier, and the Jerseys will not make it anyway.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Man Ataye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Man Ataye »

Won't b surprised of the Naija contingents arrive the day after the ev3nts end. Baba uselrss
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

It seems like there is no bottom to hit as these imbeciles keep disgracing this nation .

I mean how does this happen? How?

Smh
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Nigeria is miles behind serious countries for all the talent Nigeria has nothing can be achieved without proper planning. The UK for instance have completed planning for Tokyo 2020 for all sports they plan to compete in.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

AreaDaddy wrote:Nigeria is miles behind serious countries for all the talent Nigeria has nothing can be achieved without proper planning. The UK for instance have completed planning for Tokyo 2020 for all sports they plan to compete in.
WE believe only in miracles! We don't believe in preparation. The fans, sportsmen, officials all share in the blame. Some of the officials are ex sportsmen.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...and those that call them names are in cohoot with the inept thieves.
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

This Olympics simply tells the story of why the entities that make up the contraption called Nigeria need to sit down, and jaw jaw.

Look it would be better of if a country is small, doesn't have the resources of Nigeria but can manage what little they have with honor. This is humiliatingly not cool.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tbite wrote:Well since Nigeria always take excessive time to get things done.

Can we get started on the kits for 2020 Olympics in Tokyo now and ship them before the end of the year?

Of course, knowing Nigeria, come 2020 someone will forget to pay for storage or they will forget to book the courier, and the Jerseys will not make it anyway.
The problem here is that it would all be stolen before 2020.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho