Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Women 4 x 100M relay.

Post by King Futcha »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
King Futcha wrote:for once BP is right... English Gardner looks like she's on something.

because of her eyes? :shock: :shock: :shock: Na so dem be o
I didn't mean PEDs I mean drugs :taunt: :taunt:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

King Futcha wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
King Futcha wrote:for once BP is right... English Gardner looks like she's on something.

because of her eyes? :shock: :shock: :shock: Na so dem be o
I didn't mean PEDs I mean drugs :taunt: :taunt:
:woot: :woot: :woot:
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote:You guys underestimate the impact of the change of government and the slowness in appropriating and releasing of funds. You need to listen to some if not all of the athletes to hear about their tale of woe.

The Olympics is simply another reflection of how things are in Naijaria.

You reap exactly what you sow. No amount of prayers and wishing for medals will make it happen.
I don't want to beat a dead horse. I readily acknowledge that we have the worst sporting organizations in the entire universe but that alone does not make a determined athlete run a whole half second below his or her personal best in the most important race of his or her career. Only an athlete's unwillingness to compete can do that :!: :!: :!:

Cheers.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Cellular wrote:You guys underestimate the impact of the change of government and the slowness in appropriating and releasing of funds. You need to listen to some if not all of the athletes to hear about their tale of woe.

The Olympics is simply another reflection of how things are in Naijaria.

You reap exactly what you sow. No amount of prayers and wishing for medals will make it happen.
Uncle, I don't think the woes of our athletes or non payment of allowance is the reason we are failing at these games. Like someone said, if your best time in 100 meters is over 10.5 seconds like most of our sprinters times are, you are not going to win anything in sprinting in the Olympics where everybody is running under 9.8 s even if funds were released a year prior to your race. We have to reassess our approach and decide what we want from these games. If the goal is just to make up the numbers, then we are on the right path. But if it's to win something, we have to change our approach from the way we prepare for these tournaments to the way we select our athletes. We have to start aggressively recruit athletes of Nigerian decent that are training outside Nigeria, like the girl from Texas with Yoruba name that anchored the 4 x 100M semifinal heat for the US only to be dropped from the final race for no reason. We also need to go back to investing in sports competitions across the country to identify new talents. But most of all, we have to focus on our strengths and not waste money and resources on areas we have not chance of being even competitive. We need to stop using poor administration as excuse for failure in everything. It's like black American who use racism as excuse for every failure in their lives.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Molue Conductor wrote:
1naija wrote:O boy! Nigeria. SMH

The lady that ran the third leg put us at a huge disadvantage. Either that or the last leg lady took off way too early.
i think she took off early

I just watched the race again, and while the third and anchor girl exchange worsened the result for us, we actually lost it at the second leg. The big butt lady that started the race actually beat her US counterpart, but Allyson Felix quickly caught with the second leg lady and dusted her.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.