Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

lukemana
Egg
Egg
...meanwhile CIV get her 1st Olympic Gold

Post by lukemana »

IMPRESSIVE!!!
Watch how CIV will shower him with gifts and money upon returning. In 1984 when Gabriel Tiacoh won the silver, he received, among other things, 20 Millions CFA and another 5 Millions was given to his mother. That was a lot of money back then. I wish our government could emulate CIV. Will keep you posted!
[/video]
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ...meanwhile CIV get her 1st Olympic Gold

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

It seems like your intent here was not to tell a story but to rub our noses in it. The event itself is of no consequence to you since you did not bother to talk about it. All you seemed to care about is that they won a gold medal and we didn't. Well, la di da. You say you wish the Nigerian government would emulate the Ivory Coast. Really? Exactly how many medals has the Ivory Coast won over the years that's worth emulating :?: :!:

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

lukemana wrote:
IMPRESSIVE!!!
Watch how CIV will shower him with gifts and money upon returning. In 1984 when Gabriel Tiacoh won the silver, he received, among other things, 20 Millions CFA and another 5 Millions was given to his mother. That was a lot of money back then. I wish our government could emulate CIV. Will keep you posted!
[/video]
not an ADO fan huh :taunt: :taunt:
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:It seems like your intent here was not to tell a story but to rub our noses in it. The event itself is of no consequence to you since you did not bother to talk about. All you seemed to care about is that they won s gold medal and we didn't. Well, la di da. You say you wish the Nigerian government would emulate the Ivory Coast. Really? Exactly how many medals has the Ivory Coast won over the years that's worth emulating :?: :!:

Cheers.
Oga mi, thanks for the reply.

1) I have never, as I recall, and will never SPEAK ILL OF NIGERIA (for the record)
2) When I alluded to emulating CIV, I was not talking about winning medals but rather of how our government
should encourage our athletes. When the great Mansah Musa won the gold at the Commonwealth Games
(1982 ?), what did he get from our Government? Nothing! When he reached the 1/4 finals in
Kuala Lampur in 1984, (1st African to accomplish that feat) what did our Federal Government did to
encourage him? NOTHING!

By the way, it was very clear from my post that I was NOT comparing Ivorian athletes to Nigerian athletes, so your statement of me "rubbing our nose in whatever" is our of place. I have always supported Nigeria even when we play against CIV.

I did not have to talk about the event itself in my post since everything that I needed to say has been said in the clip I posted!

Have a blessed and productive week brother!

Cheers!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

My broda, no vex. I call it the way I see it. You could have commended and congratulated the Ivorians without any negative reference to Nigeria. The moment you mentioned Nigeria, it became a comparison. As a Nigerian with no other loyalties, I find it quite a bit distasteful when people come here to badmouth Nigeria. If you do that on most other fora, you'll probably be barred from that forum for life :!:

Cheers.
lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:My broda, no vex. I call it the way I see it. You could have commended and congratulated the Ivorians without any negative reference to Nigeria. The moment you mentioned Nigeria, it became a comparison. As a Nigerian with no other loyalties, I find it quite a bit distasteful when people come here to badmouth Nigeria. If you do that on most other fora, you'll probably be barred from that forum for life :!:

Cheers.
No problem brother. I think you and I are on the same page; I probably used the wrong words that somehow projected the wrong intention. I guess this was just a mis-communication problem. I am always behind Nigeria!

Cheers!!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

lukemana wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:My broda, no vex. I call it the way I see it. You could have commended and congratulated the Ivorians without any negative reference to Nigeria. The moment you mentioned Nigeria, it became a comparison. As a Nigerian with no other loyalties, I find it quite a bit distasteful when people come here to badmouth Nigeria. If you do that on most other fora, you'll probably be barred from that forum for life :!:

Cheers.
No problem brother. I think you and I are on the same page; I probably used the wrong words that somehow projected the wrong intention. I guess this was just a mis-communication problem. I am always behind Nigeria!

Cheers!!!
:thumb:

Cheers.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

i ffwded to the anthem, not sure if the video mentioned the sport

Cheick Cisse - Taekwondo

Nice

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

lukemana
Egg
Egg

Post by lukemana »

Just like I predicted.... Cisse received a mini mansion and over 65 millions CFA (cash) for his gold medal. Source: Abidjan.net 05/09 http://sports.abidjan.net/foot/
05/09 Le Président Ouattara offre 50 millions de F CFA et une villa à Cheick Sallah Cissé, à Ruth Gbagbi 30 millions de F CFA et une villa, Ta Lou 20 millions de F CFA ET Méité Ben Youssef 10 millions de F CFA
Les primes d`objectif: Cissé Cheick Sallah: 15 millions de F CFA, gbagbi Ruth: 7,5 millions de F CFA, Marie-Josée Ta Lou: 6 millions de F CFA, Méité Ben Youssef: 3 millions de F CFA