Welcome to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics forum

Moderator: Moderator Team

kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2020

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Those that know ball, know what to expect.
falsetalk has been preaching the same nonsense since player roamed the other sports section... pay him no mind.
I still remember Cellular predicting that USA basketball wouldn't make the final of the Olympics, that's when I knew not to engage in deep basketball discussion here.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:
King Futcha wrote:hate to break it to you but most of those guys you're trying to claim as 'eligible' americans

secondly, you are overhyping your talent, evan fournier isn't even that good and he walk right into the naija team and be the best player...

in other words if you recruited all those americans to play for you, you wouldn't be better than serbia or france.
Why do you like subjecting yourself to beatdowns like this? You must be a real sufferhead. You should move to Nigeria for a year. I'll get you a flat in a city where there is no water, no constant power, so you can experience your enjoyable sufferhead; pulling water from a well, washing clothes by hand & all that.

I won't give you the beatdown you deserve, even though you have no point.

No one is claiming anyone. They are American citizens, & they qualify to represent Nigeria by virtue of having Nigerian parents. A lot of them know and appreciate their Nigerian roots, but the disorganisation and lack of structure in the Nigerian sports setup (& other aspects of Governance) is a huge turnoff.

We're seeing sprinklings of hope with the organisation, but we are nowhere near standard (& won't be until some changes beyond our scope here happen). But even when we were operating with far worse organisations and with players inferior to those available today, we occasionally beat these top European sides. You can tell Fournier to ask his Orlando teammates Iwundu & Aminu.

I just pray that there will be some sort financial intervention & the top eligible talents commit & insurance and allowance issues are sorted early

E go do you like film trick

"occasionally" I don't even remember us beating a Euro side in an official game other than Croatia. Either way we aren't anywhere close to being the second best in the world much less medal contention.
Didn’t we qualify for the last Olympics by taking part in a very tough qualification tournament in which we beat several European teams? Abeg check your facts well❗️

Cheers.
We made it to Brazil by winning AfroBasket and made it to Tokyo by finishing higher than the other African teams at 17th.
He is talking about the London Olympics.
How many of those guys are in rotation or still playing at a high level.
That’s the point truetalk is trying to make. We have better talent now and the potential to get even better❗️

Cheers.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
kalani JR wrote:Those that know ball, know what to expect.
falsetalk has been preaching the same nonsense since player roamed the other sports section... pay him no mind.
I still remember Cellular predicting that USA basketball wouldn't make the final of the Olympics, that's when I knew not to engage in deep basketball discussion here.
I recall, I drafted articles of impeachment shortly after that episode.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Mike Brown official.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Makes no sense.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

truetalk wrote:Makes no sense.
on the bright side, now you have an excuse for your next poor performance.
Saints baby we did it
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

Coach Nwora is still part of the coaching crew as an assistant to Mike Brown.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

oyek wrote:Coach Nwora is still part of the coaching crew as an assistant to Mike Brown.
Why do we Nigerians love to belittle ourselves so much? Brad Stevens, the current coach of the Boston Celtics, played college basketball only at division III level. Why are we always so self denigrating. If a division iii basketball player can rise to become the head coach of the Boston Celtics, why in the world would those morons at the NBBF relegate a coach who has accomplished more than any national team coach ever, including the much ballyhooed foreign coaches, to the position of assistant? Makes no sense whatsoever❗️

Cheers.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

oyek wrote:Coach Nwora is still part of the coaching crew as an assistant to Mike Brown.
I would quit if I was him.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

kalani JR wrote:
I would quit if I was him.
Quitting isn’t that simple. He’ll probably earn a decent stipend for his current role and community college coaches just don’t make that much❗️

Cheers.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Kalani, Nigeria has beaten Greece, Lithuania and Croatia in the past. Nigeria has the potential of medaling and beating USA if we recruit the right players and they commit to us. Imagine if we had Igudala,Giannis and Oladipo in our ranks. Stop being a hater like Queen Futcha. USA's grip on Bball is slipping and Nigeria will be there to knock them off their high horse soon.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

bret- hart wrote:Kalani, Nigeria has beaten Greece, Lithuania and Croatia in the past. Nigeria has the potential of medaling and beating USA if we recruit the right players and they commit to us. Imagine if we had Igudala,Giannis and Oladipo in our ranks. Stop being a hater like Queen Futcha. USA's grip on Bball is slipping and Nigeria will be there to knock them off their high horse soon.

ALL I CAN SAY IS...

...let's hope your treatise is a joke carried a little too far.
Bell
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Bell wrote:
bret- hart wrote:Kalani, Nigeria has beaten Greece, Lithuania and Croatia in the past. Nigeria has the potential of medaling and beating USA if we recruit the right players and they commit to us. Imagine if we had Igudala,Giannis and Oladipo in our ranks. Stop being a hater like Queen Futcha. USA's grip on Bball is slipping and Nigeria will be there to knock them off their high horse soon.

ALL I CAN SAY IS...

Bell
He really doesn't know any better.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

These are the type of guys that Queenie is accusing us of 'stealing'.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/africa/51393568
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

truetalk wrote:These are the type of guys that Queenie is accusing us of 'stealing'.

Queen Futcha is a certified moron. Why she was made a site Admin is beyond me.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

kalani JR wrote:
Bell wrote:

ALL I CAN SAY IS...

Bell
He really doesn't know any better.

Your inferiority complex is just sad to see. Are you even Nigerian?

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

truetalk wrote:These are the type of guys that Queenie is accusing us of 'stealing'.

We wouldn't be stealing them and with Bam, OG, Andre and I dunno who else, we barely will be a quarter finals team.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Mike Brown is not getting paid FYI.

He’s on a mission.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Ugbowo wrote:Mike Brown is not getting paid FYI.

He’s on a mission.

WHAT'S MORE...

...ESPN's reporting that Nigeria's been given access to the Warriors' training facilities in the Bay Area and that Brown could bring in another NBA player.
Bell
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I reported this already on page 1
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Bam Adebayo and Victor Oladipo and in the USA preliminary list.

https://www.usab.com/news-events/news/2 ... lists.aspx
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

I thought we were talking basketball not rugby, my bad.

im sorry to be the bearer of truth but if team usa and team naija calls, say daniel oturu to camp, we know which camp he is going to.
Saints baby we did it
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

hello d, how is the weather in fantasy land today?
Saints baby we did it