Moderator: Moderator Team

Ugbowo
Egg
Egg
D’TIGERS Tokyo 2021

Post by Ugbowo »

I’m hearing through the grapevine

1. Alex Nwora to be replaced by Mike Brown
2. Spencer Dinwiddle, Jahlil Okafor, OG Anunoby, Semi Ojaleye and Bam Adebayo have been contacted and some commitments already secured.
3. Camp in San Fran at Warriors arena
4. They are going all out for a medal this time.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg
Re: D’TIGERS Tokyo 2020

Post by kalani JR »

Dinwiddie Nigerian?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Nope but we are planning on exploiting some FIBA loop hole and naturalize 2 players. Van Vleet of the Raptors was also approached but he didn't seem to receptive. Dinwiddle embraced the idea.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

Ugbowo wrote:I’m hearing through the grapevine

2. Spencer Dinwiddle, Jahlil Okafor, OG Anunoby, Semi Ojaleye and Bam Adebayo have been contacted and some commitments already secured.
Let's talk

No. 1 makes no sense. Alex is building a team that will last a decade. We can get a medal with 4-5 players joining the team.

Also makes sense to limit it to Nigerian & Nigerian-American players. More than enough talent available to be the 2nd best team in the world. No need to get mercenaries.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

truetalk wrote:

Let's talk

No. 1 makes no sense. Alex is building a team that will last a decade. We can get a medal with 4-5 players joining the team.

Also makes sense to limit it to Nigerian & Nigerian-American players. More than enough talent available to be the 2nd best team in the world. No need to get mercenaries.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

What about Oladipo and Ayton?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

King Futcha wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Let's talk

Let them have this, they only get to do this at this time of the year.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1. No rhyme or reason to that

2. Why does anyone think Spencer Dinwiddie can add value to D’Tigers? I have posited previously that a physically fit Jahlil Okafor would be in contention for a spot on the US roster. I believe that Anunoby and Ojeleye were looked at prior to the World Championship. Neither one made the team. It would most definitely be nice to have the quality of Bam Adebayo in D’Tigers front court❗️

Cheers.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

No need for mercenaries.
I am happy
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

We don't need mercenaries. Just get Okafor and Oladipo to commit. Doesn't Giannis have like 10 brothers??? Im sure at last 1 would want to play for Nigeria.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

kalani JR wrote:
King Futcha wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Let's talk

Let them have this, they only get to do this at this time of the year.
Queenie & Son.

I am in a benevolent mood, so I'll school you for free today. Just a little bit though.

Look at the projected 1st round of the next draft. 7 of the 30 players are eligible for the Nigerian national team. That is just a taste of the talent pool.

The only barrier has been the Administration and funding. That is about 10% resolved. Once it gets to 50% resolution, then we'll be in business.

Alex Nwora is just what the team needs. He might be coaching at the Community College level, but the players connect with him on basketball and beyond. He needs to strengthen the team but bringing Mike Brown to the team at this moment would be totally disruptive.

Let the man who got them to the Olympics take them there.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

hate to break it to you but most of those guys you're trying to claim as 'eligible' americans

secondly, you are overhyping your talent, evan fournier isn't even that good and he walk right into the naija team and be the best player...

in other words if you recruited all those americans to play for you, you wouldn't be better than serbia or france.
Saints baby we did it
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

King Futcha wrote:hate to break it to you but most of those guys you're trying to claim as 'eligible' americans

secondly, you are overhyping your talent, evan fournier isn't even that good and he walk right into the naija team and be the best player...

in other words if you recruited all those americans to play for you, you wouldn't be better than serbia or france.
Why do you like subjecting yourself to beatdowns like this? You must be a real sufferhead. You should move to Nigeria for a year. I'll get you a flat in a city where there is no water, no constant power, so you can experience your enjoyable sufferhead; pulling water from a well, washing clothes by hand & all that.

I won't give you the beatdown you deserve, even though you have no point.

No one is claiming anyone. They are American citizens, & they qualify to represent Nigeria by virtue of having Nigerian parents. A lot of them know and appreciate their Nigerian roots, but the disorganisation and lack of structure in the Nigerian sports setup (& other aspects of Governance) is a huge turnoff.

We're seeing sprinklings of hope with the organisation, but we are nowhere near standard (& won't be until some changes beyond our scope of discussion here happen). But even when we were operating with far worse organisations and with players inferior to those available today, we occasionally beat these top European sides. You can tell Fournier to ask his Orlando teammates Iwundu & Aminu.

I just pray that there will be some sort financial intervention & the top eligible talents commit & insurance and allowance issues are sorted early

E go do you like film trick
Last edited by truetalk on Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

truetalk wrote:
King Futcha wrote:hate to break it to you but most of those guys you're trying to claim as 'eligible' americans

Why do you like subjecting yourself to beatdowns like this? You must be a real sufferhead. You should move to Nigeria for a year. I'll get you a flat in a city where there is no water, no constant power, so you can experience your enjoyable sufferhead; pulling water from a well, washing clothes by hand & all that.

No one is claiming anyone. They are American citizens, & they qualify to represent Nigeria by virtue of having Nigerian parents. A lot of them know and appreciate their Nigerian roots, but the disorganisation and lack of structure in the Nigerian sports setup (& other aspects of Governance) is a huge turnoff.

We're seeing sprinklings of hope with the organisation, but we are nowhere near standard (& won't be until some changes beyond our scope here happen). But even when we were operating with far worse organisations and with players inferior to those available today, we occasionally beat these top European sides. You can tell Fournier to ask his Orlando teammates Iwundu & Aminu.

I just pray that there will be some sort financial intervention & the top eligible talents commit & insurance and allowance issues are sorted early

"occasionally" I don't even remember us beating a Euro side in an official game other than Croatia. Either way we aren't anywhere close to being the second best in the world much less medal contention.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

We're seeing sprinklings of hope with the organisation, but we are nowhere near standard (& won't be until some changes beyond our scope here happen). But even when we were operating with far worse organisations and with players inferior to those available today, we occasionally beat these top European sides. You can tell Fournier to ask his Orlando teammates Iwundu & Aminu.

"occasionally" I don't even remember us beating a Euro side in an official game other than Croatia. Either way we aren't anywhere close to being the second best in the world much less medal contention.
Didn’t we qualify for the last Olympics by taking part in a very tough qualification tournament in which we beat several European teams? Abeg check your facts well❗️

Cheers.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Didn’t we qualify for the last Olympics by taking part in a very tough qualification tournament in which we beat several European teams? Abeg check your facts well❗️

Cheers.
Don't mind Kalani & Futcha:

Compared to what we can put together now, much inferior D'Tigers teams (teams that our own Airwolex & Player would have had a shot to make) have beaten the top European teams of Croatia, Serbia, Greece in either the Olympics (& Qualifying tournaments) or FIBA World Cup/Championships. Lost to the best German team ever (Germany is not a top side though) by a point in the FIBA world cup Q/Finals, & the best player for Germany in that game was not Dirk, but another Nigerian http://www.fiba.basketball/news/Game-Re ... GHT-FINALS

Once we can sort out the Admin side & get about 50% of the top players eligible for D'Tigers, the only side that will consistently stop the team is Team USA. I don't want to go there, but the same things that makes the USA the best is what drives the potential (note, I am not talking about results or achievements) of Nigeria. That is why I started with the draft rankings for next year. 7 out of 30 is not an aberration (the list even excludes the 2 young men in Kansas)

That is potential right there. To argue against it is just plain silliness.

Will the potential ever be realized? I don't know.
Certainly not with the current governance & management structure in Nigeria. That is why external interventions are necessary.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Cheers.
We made it to Brazil by winning AfroBasket and made it to Tokyo by finishing higher than the other African teams at 17th.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

kalani JR wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Cheers.
We made it to Brazil by winning AfroBasket and made it to Tokyo by finishing higher than the other African teams at 17th.
He is talking about the London Olympics.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

truetalk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Cheers.
How many of those guys are in rotation or still playing at a high level.
truetalk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by truetalk »

kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
truetalk wrote:

Cheers.
How many of those guys are in rotation or still playing at a high level.
You are making my point!!!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

truetalk wrote:

We're seeing sprinklings of hope with the organisation, but we are nowhere near standard (& won't be until some changes beyond our scope of discussion here happen). But even when we were operating with far worse organisations and with players inferior to those available today, we occasionally beat these top European sides. You can tell Fournier to ask his Orlando teammates Iwundu & Aminu.

don't try to tango with the shark, we know you can't swim.
Saints baby we did it
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Those that know ball, know what to expect.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote:Those that know ball, know what to expect.
falsetalk has been preaching the same nonsense since player roamed the other sports section... pay him no mind.
Saints baby we did it