[WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0(3) SPAIN 0(0) PKs Morocco advances to the Quarter finals!!!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 R16] MOROCCO 0 SPAIN 0

Post by marko »

I will be weary just before half time, this is European sides score against African opposition, just go into half time without conceeding
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Morocco are beating Spain to their own game
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei, it is already half time...wow
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a defense...
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

HT
SuperEagles

Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

HT, Morocco are tactically the superior team so far
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Good half for MAROC

Suspect Torres might subbed for Morata to give reference to Spanish attack

For MAROC- need to be clearer in the moments the ball turns over, but maintain the defensive integrity- intensity, discipline and focus
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:49 pm HT, Morocco are tactically the superior team so far
I wouldn’t say tactically superior, but executing their plan to defend with a low block and break out on the counter very well … Spain is simply being Spain.
Probing and moving the ball from side to side and waiting for $%^&* in the armor.

We’ll see what happens in the final 20 mins when the legs and the mind begin to tire
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Both teams are playing tactically the way they want. Spain is possessing while Morocco parks the bus with occasional counters.

Spain is playing with fire with silly give aways in their 1/3rd. If Morocco scores 1st, they very well can win.

But if Spain scores 1st, I get the sense the floodgates will open. Chess match. We will see who has the quality to strike 1st.

Finally: Morocco might do well to play for OT and penalties. It got them this far. I am not sure they can get more ambitious without conceding.
Last edited by mate on Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

txj wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:51 pm Good half for MAROC

Suspect Torres might subbed for Morata to give reference to Spanish attack

For MAROC- need to be clearer in the moments the ball turns over, but maintain the defensive integrity- intensity, discipline and focus
Agree totally Morata is needed
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Thus far, thanks for Morocco. They have not been outplayed or intimated, except they've made some errors here and there, but they have had their chances too
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Clint Dempsey is actually getting better as a sports analyst
SuperEagles

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Why is Boufal allowed to use dat guy repeatedly like toilet paper?? :lol: Surely this can't be legal. :rotf:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mate wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:53 pm Both teams are playing tactically the way they want. Spain is possessing while Morocco parks the bus with occasional counters.

Spain is playing with fire with silly give aways in their 1/3rd. If Morocco scores 1st, they very well can win.

But if Spain scores 1st, I get the sense the floodgates will open. Chess match. We will see who has the quality to strike 1st.

Finally: Morocco might do well to play for OT and penalties. It got them this far. I am not sure they can get more ambitious without conceding.
Well, the tactic is working for Morocco and I expect them to continue with it
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

If Spain scores, Morocco will have to play, Morocco needs to score first! they have executed their plan to perfection so far, 2nd half they need to start attacking the Spanish defence
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

I don’t know if they can get out of this game but the quality of Morocco is so self evident.
The quality and deftness of their touches, weight of their passes and clear attention to tactical detail is so impressive… however still a lot of football to play
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Odas wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:58 pm
mate wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:53 pm Both teams are playing tactically the way they want. Spain is possessing while Morocco parks the bus with occasional counters.

Well, the tactic is working for Morocco and I expect them to continue with it

I agree. There is nothing negative about this, as Morocco is correctly playing to its strength.

This is a great demonstration of exactly that...a game plan tailored to the players, executed with discipline...and some pretty good talent. Morocco can win this no doubt.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Aright! Second half is come.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oboy this team go hard for SE if we jam them for AFCON
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

This is where player quality matters big time.

The two MAROC fullbacks are top level...

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

For me Unai Simon is too high risk of a GK

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Spain missing the excellent Oyazarbal...

Chance for a Sarabia?

joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:56 pm Clint Dempsey is actually getting better as a sports analyst
Meanwhile, Donovan should just shut up.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)