I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Post by tfco »

:lol: :lol:

now i fit open mof small.

i applied for 3 ghana game tickets and paid, and now I just dey wait make FIFA accept.

I dey go Brazil :thumbs: :thumbs:

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

To Ohsee and tfco, have you guys booked your flights yet? I havent found anything for less than $1800 flying out of Toronto.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Heliopolis wrote:To Ohsee and tfco, have you guys booked your flights yet? I havent found anything for less than $1800 flying out of Toronto.
i think it's counter-productive to book a flight when you do not know which city your team will play in.

or am i totally off base? :?

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

phantomjournalist
Egg
Egg

Post by phantomjournalist »

tfco wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:To Ohsee and tfco, have you guys booked your flights yet? I havent found anything for less than $1800 flying out of Toronto.
i think it's counter-productive to book a flight when you do not know which city your team will play in.

Well it depends on how expensive local flights are.

Congrats to the OP, and enjoy Salvador Bahia, particularly if you're single. It's a black city with a lot of history and beautiful people.
Blue is the color.
Killa Adjei wrote: Barcelona won the champions league something your useless team can only touch in their dreams..
%$#@^& moron.
seloweizer
Egg
Egg

Post by seloweizer »

tfco wrote:

Regardless... You will need to fly into one of the major cities (Rio, São Paulo etc) and then connect to the city where your team is based. Better to buy your first flight into Brazil now. Already applied for Nigeria group stage tickets too.
Look who is Here Again!
lagos777
Egg
Egg
World cup Brazil

Post by lagos777 »

Now that we've qualified is their anyone setting up travel packages for SE fans from the US ?
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
seloweizer
Egg
Egg
Re: World cup Brazil

Post by seloweizer »

lagos777 wrote:Now that we've qualified is their anyone setting up travel packages for SE fans from the US ?
DIY...
Look who is Here Again!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Are you saying I should not wait for the draw and schedule? Someone told me not to worry about flights into Brazil, because there will always be flights to neighbouring countries. From which i can take other means of transport to the city where Naija will be playing. Don't know if I should take this seriously.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

tfco wrote::lol: :lol:

i applied for 3 ghana game tickets and paid, and now I just dey wait make FIFA accept.

Security midget, I go report you o! You know say na ten bucks an hour dem dey pay you, where you get money from? Does CBC know you are supplementing your income by selling fake Super Eagle :thumbs: shirt from under your desk? :D :taunt:
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Wow .. no tickets available on FIFA.com. How are you guys working around this?
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

K wrote:Wow .. no tickets available on FIFA.com. How are you guys working around this?
We bought tickets early. Was encouraged to do this by a Manure (spit!) fan in my office. They have to be good for something. :D
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

ohsee wrote:
K wrote:Wow .. no tickets available on FIFA.com. How are you guys working around this?
We bought tickets early. Was encouraged to do this by a Manure (spit!) fan in my office. They have to be good for something. :D
SO there's no point booking flights if no tickets? CHEI :scared:
visit the village square
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Really?

Ticket still available for Ghana, while all Naija ticket don finish!

Cmoke :D :D :D :D
tfco wrote::lol: :lol:

Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

there will tons of tickets outside the stadium. folks just wait till after the draw is made. ticket go full market boku plenty full :idea:
analyzer
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by analyzer »

Lager-back wrote:there will tons of tickets outside the stadium. folks just wait till after the draw is made. ticket go full market boku plenty full :idea:
Will the price be the same? Or we dey look 200% hike.
Lampard: 101 goals and counting.......

64 GAMES UNBEATEN AT STAMFORD BRIDGE... A NEW RECORD IS SET.....
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Someone mentioned a virtual first come first serve line, but how do u get on it?

The fifa.com website appears not to let you pay if no ticket available. So is it possible to get on the line still?

Cmoke :D :D :D :D :D
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

Cmoke wrote:Someone mentioned a virtual first come first serve line, but how do u get on it?

The fifa.com website appears not to let you pay if no ticket available. So is it possible to get on the line still?

I am sure there are tickets on fifa site.

Remember that the ticket buying page refreshes every 5 mins or so.

Did not get Ghana tickets on 1st try, then the page refreshed and it worked
(but you have 12 mins during which to fill in your personal information - passport etc - before you get kicked out)

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

Can you guys (ohsee and tfco) keep me posted when you come across airline deals to Brazil. I am willing to spare no expense to go but I'm also on the lookout for flight deals. As it stands now the average round trip flight to Brazil from Toronto is almost $2000. I have a friend that booked her flight for $1200 but this was months ago.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Thanks.
tfco wrote:
Cmoke wrote:Someone mentioned a virtual first come first serve line, but how do u get on it?

I am sure there are tickets on fifa site.

Remember that the ticket buying page refreshes every 5 mins or so.

Did not get Ghana tickets on 1st try, then the page refreshed and it worked
(but you have 12 mins during which to fill in your personal information - passport etc - before you get kicked out)
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Hurray for me. :D

Who else is going?
What is wrong with Qatar?
Anyway, what do accommodation prices look like?
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Who else is going?
Prices are reasonable - I'm staying at three different places - paying at most £40. But I found good deals and you really have to look around. Expedia, Home&Away, etc.

Qatar - nah.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vincent. »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Prices are reasonable - I'm staying at three different places - paying at most £40. But I found good deals and you really have to look around. Expedia, Home&Away, etc.

Qatar - nah.
Thanks. There is still time. What I am trying to do is organize group travel because I don't want to be wandering around all alone for 3 weeks when I don't speak Portuguese.

As for tickets for Nigerian matches, I think they will become available after the draw (unless we are drawn against Brazil). The question is whether they will be available online or via trustworthy agencies.

I think Qatar and even Russia will be fine. If you knew nothing about Africa and listened to all that negativity before the 2010 World Cup, you would not have gone to South Africa even if you could... What I have found out is that countries are always on their best behaviors during these events.
Eto’o, Ronaldinho, Deco, and Messi are like good caviar, tender pine-nuts, chemical-free sea salt, and the purest of virgin olive oils, said one of the world's greatest chefs, Ferran Adria of El Bulli restaurant, Before Barca went on to wallop Madrid 3-0 at the Bernabeu.

“I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes an art. Football is like that. When I watch Barcelona, it is art” — Arsène Wenger, August 2009
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Vincent. wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
Vincent. wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?

Qatar - nah.
Thanks. There is still time. What I am trying to do is organize group travel because I don't want to be wandering around all alone for 3 weeks when I don't speak Portuguese.

As for tickets for Nigerian matches, I think they will become available after the draw (unless we are drawn against Brazil). The question is whether they will be available online or via trustworthy agencies.

I think Qatar and even Russia will be fine. I you knew nothing about Africa and listened to all that negativity before the 2010 World Cup, you would not have gone to South Africa even if you could... What I have found out is that countries are always on their best behaviors during these events.
Wow, three weeks? That's a grand effort - it'll be very expensive if you're there for that long. Not too late to pick up some Portuguese phrases, you might even get by on some Spanish.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.