I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet
I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Post by The YeyeMan »

Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Hurray for me. :D

Who else is going?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Showboy
Egg
Egg
Re: I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Post by Showboy »

The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Who else is going?
Looking to sort myself out too.

Ill keep you posted.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I was just gonna start a thread on this. My application to see the QFs, semis and final was unsuccessful. I feel gutted right now :curse:

For the sales window opening up on Monday, matches to the final and semis wont be available. I might make an application for a QF match again but thats it. Otherwise I'll just wait until the groups are announced and try my luck then. I dont think I'll be able to get tickets for the semis or final so I'll just go for tickets involving big teams in Rio and Sao Paolo. FIFA is useless :curse:
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Heliopolis wrote:I was just gonna start a thread on this. My application to see the QFs, semis and final was unsuccessful. I feel gutted right now :curse:

For the sales window opening up on Monday, matches to the final and semis wont be available. I might make an application for a QF match again but thats it. Otherwise I'll just wait until the groups are announced and try my luck then. I dont think I'll be able to get tickets for the semis or final so I'll just go for tickets involving big teams in Rio and Sao Paolo. FIFA is useless :curse:
Yes, keep trying. Tickets for the semis and final were always going to be hard to snag. There'll be another sales phase next year so expect more tickets to become available. I'd like to see Nigeria but I'm really not all that fussed. I'm happy to see just about any team.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Showboy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Looking to sort myself out too.

Ill keep you posted.
Are UK based? If so try to order ASAP. My flights were not cheap.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

I'd be going for sure. Unfortunately, no tickets yet, so I plan to carry transistor radio just incase.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Hopefully tickets are available in January, will be in Brazil with or without tickets.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

Will be watching the whole games free of charge in my mansion with my surround sound 3 D 67 inches B&O Screen .. :thumbs: :thumbs:
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
are you going to be in Salvador for the entire time ? and why did you choose Salvador ?
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Have flights to Sao Paolo but that's all about i have at the moment.planning to enter the lottery next window but with all these reports about how expensive everything will be, im having second thoughts. where you planning to stay accommodations wise?
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

I a group game ticket in Sao Paolo (because it is a direct flight from Johannesburg) but I am hoping to get more at the next window...I hope I get a favorable team with the Sao Paolo ticket

Opening game and knockout games from quarter finals seem like "hard to get" at this stage
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Heliopolis wrote:I was just gonna start a thread on this. My application to see the QFs, semis and final was unsuccessful. I feel gutted right now :curse:

Yes, keep trying. Tickets for the semis and final were always going to be hard to snag. There'll be another sales phase next year so expect more tickets to become available. I'd like to see Nigeria but I'm really not all that fussed. I'm happy to see just about any team.
and this is why i hate this ticketing format.

Anyway on Monday I go submit my application. This is the last WC to attend until perhaps 2026, so I have to go

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

See liars :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: ....
No weapon that is formed against me shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against me in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord. (Isaiah 54:17 KJV)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

KingLoku wrote:Will be watching the whole games free of charge in my mansion with my surround sound 3 D 67 inches B&O Screen .. :thumbs: :thumbs:
loku you dey lie...

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

i am willing to bet that you will get plenty of tickets infront of the stadium which wont't be that expensive (obviously not for semis,.final or brazil games)
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kofi86 wrote:i am willing to bet that you will get plenty of tickets infront of the stadium which wont't be that expensive (obviously not for semis,.final or brazil games)
But there is a chance of them inflating those tickets as well. I know tickets for locals are a lot cheaper, im suspecting some enterprising locals will buy up swaths and try to resell them on game day.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.

KingLoku
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by KingLoku »

tfco wrote:
KingLoku wrote:Will be watching the whole games free of charge in my mansion with my surround sound 3 D 67 inches B&O Screen .. :thumbs: :thumbs:
loku you dey lie...
Of cuss i dey lie now , u knw how much 67 inches B&o TV dey cost ? ... Tfco u wan say u wan book flight and secure ticket to worldcup (Brazil)That no be pure lie ? .. :veryangry:
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

metalalloy wrote:
kofi86 wrote:i am willing to bet that you will get plenty of tickets infront of the stadium which wont't be that expensive (obviously not for semis,.final or brazil games)
But there is a chance of them inflating those tickets as well. I know tickets for locals are a lot cheaper, im suspecting some enterprising locals will buy up swaths and try to resell them on game day.
Most definitely. They will inflate it but I doubt if it's going to be much higher than the international price - the profit margin is high enough though it's extremely difficult for even the locals to get multiple tickets from what I heard from those on ground.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Lager-back wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
are you going to be in Salvador for the entire time ? and why did you choose Salvador ?
8 nights in Salvador....

It just seemed the best option, I didn't want to go to Rio and Sao Paulo due to expense and the number of people I expect to be there. I did extensive research and Salvador seemed like it'd be the most fun and it's also a location where I can catch a group game and a knock out game.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

metalalloy wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Have flights to Sao Paolo but that's all about i have at the moment.planning to enter the lottery next window but with all these reports about how expensive everything will be, im having second thoughts. where you planning to stay accommodations wise?
Staying in three different places - a hostel, then a hotel on an island, and a hotel on the mainland. I found most places on TripAdvisor and homeaway.co.uk. I also had second thoughts - it's going to be pricey so best to sort out accommodation as early as possible.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

KingLoku wrote:I'm broke and will be watching the games on the BBC's live text service from jail.
We know.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:

and this is why i hate this ticketing format.

Anyway on Monday I go submit my application. This is the last WC to attend until perhaps 2026, so I have to go
I don't mind not knowing which games I'll be seeing until the draw next month. In 02 I was lucky to get Senegal v Sweden in the 2nd round and Nigeria v England - although it was a largely crap game.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
metalalloy wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Staying in three different places - a hostel, then a hotel on an island, and a hotel on the mainland. I found most places on TripAdvisor and homeaway.co.uk. I also had second thoughts - it's going to be pricey so best to sort out accommodation as early as possible.

Ok thanks. Dis guy, you be world cup veteran oh!