I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

tfco
Eagle
Eagle
Re: I'm off to Salvador, Brazil...

Post by tfco »

The YeyeMan wrote:I did extensive research and Salvador seemed like it'd be the most fun and it's also a location where I can catch a group game and a knock out game.
but it doesn't bother you that there's a chance you'll miss ALL of Nigeria's games?

For me, I wanna go to Brazil but I HAVE to watch Ghana. What's the point of getting ticket for say, Eng v Japan knowing that Ghana dey tap and I no dey watch

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

tfco wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:I did extensive research and Salvador seemed like it'd be the most fun and it's also a location where I can catch a group game and a knock out game.
but it doesn't bother you that there's a chance you'll miss ALL of Nigeria's games?

For me, I wanna go to Brazil but I HAVE to watch Ghana. What's the point of getting ticket for say, Eng v Japan knowing that Ghana dey tap and I no dey watch
Doesn't bother me at all. World Cups are fun, you'll just be happy to be there, believe me. Japan and Germany were great - I was in Osaka, Oita, Cologne and Dusseldorf and people are generally in high spirits. I was in Cologne when Ghana played Czech Rep in 2006 and there was a party atmosphere that day although I remember one Ghanaian got a bit carried away in front of some Czech guy and his daughter.

So no, not seeing Nigeria won't bother me. Especially if a certain non-scoring forward is lining up on the field.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
kofi86
Egg
Egg

Post by kofi86 »

The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

Doesn't bother me at all. World Cups are fun, you'll just be happy to be there, believe me. Japan and Germany were great - I was in Osaka, Oita, Cologne and Dusseldorf and people are generally in high spirits. I was in Cologne when Ghana played Czech Rep in 2006 and there was a party atmosphere that day although I remember one Ghanaian got a bit carried away in front of some Czech guy and his daughter.

So no, not seeing Nigeria won't bother me. Especially if a certain non-scoring forward is lining up on the field.
You must have made some great experience, World Cups in France, Germany and Japan, now Brazil :thumbs:

Why would you not travel to Russia for the World Cup?
"If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!"
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kofi86 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

You must have made some great experience, World Cups in France, Germany and Japan, now Brazil :thumbs:

Black footballers are routinely booed in that part of the world so I can imagine what the man on the street has to endure. No thanks.

Plenty of good experiences in the other countries though. The French really loved Nigeria in 1998 - total strangers would approach and want to talk about Okocha, Taribo or Ikpeba. Good times! Disappointed that I missed out in South Africa - a friend had scheduled a wedding that summer... then cancelled it! :curse:
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

The YeyeMan wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

Black footballers are routinely booed in that part of the world so I can imagine what the man on the street has to endure. No thanks.

Plenty of good experiences in the other countries though. The French really loved Nigeria in 1998 - total strangers would approach and want to talk about Okocha, Taribo or Ikpeba. Good times! Disappointed that I missed out in South Africa - a friend had scheduled a wedding that summer... then cancelled it! :curse:
I've been to Russia and I stuck out like a sore thumb over there but did not experience any racism at all. I think the racism stigma is a bit over blown and I doubt racism will be much of an issue during the 2018 WC.

Your WC resume is very impressive though. I have a Brazilian friend that has signed up to be a WC volunteer the last few WCs and has been to Germany, South Africa and will be going to the Brazil WC. When I found out I ran to FIFA's website to look up this volunteering business but it was too late to sign up and apparently its a competitive process.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Heliopolis wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
kofi86 wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:
tfco wrote:

I've been to Russia and I stuck out like a sore thumb over there but did not experience any racism at all. I think the racism stigma is a bit over blown and I doubt racism will be much of an issue during the 2018 WC.

Your WC resume is very impressive though. I have a Brazilian friend that has signed up to be a WC volunteer the last few WCs and has been to Germany, South Africa and will be going to the Brazil WC. When I found out I ran to FIFA's website to look up this volunteering business but it was too late to sign up and apparently its a competitive process.
Fair enough, I know people who've had disturbing experiences there. Besides, I don't consider Russia an attractive option in terms of places to visit - it's pretty nondescript to me.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

FIFA said they will not have tickets for the final available in the next sales phase. If you apply for a TST-7, that certainly means you have a ticket to the final. I could be wrong. I know for south africa, lot of people bought the expensive TST-7 just to get a ticket to the final.
Showboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Showboy »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Showboy wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Hurray for me. :D

Who else is going?
Looking to sort myself out too.

Ill keep you posted.
Are UK based? If so try to order ASAP. My flights were not cheap.
Yes, I'm based in the UK. It's work I'm trying to sort out over that period due to an over complicated on-call rota.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope" (Martin Luther King, Jr)
tfco
Eagle
Eagle

Post by tfco »

this ticketing process is confusing o

no tickets are available.

AFCON 2024 L-O-S-E-R-S

They did not CEDIS coming
Naira Did We :rotf: :rotf:

The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

It's a bit convoluted but tickets are there (not many) if you can wait long enough in that virtual queue.....

More are expected to become available next year.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Was thinking Salvador was an interesting choice but a bit nervous after this New York Times article from this morning
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/world ... .html?_r=0
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

KingLoku wrote:Will be watching the whole games free of charge in my mansion with my surround sound 3 D 67 inches B&O Screen .. :thumbs: :thumbs:
Na new name for prison be dis? :P
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

kawawa wrote:Was thinking Salvador was an interesting choice but a bit nervous after this New York Times article from this morning
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/11/world ... .html?_r=0
Don't worry about that. If you read all the horror tales you'd remain in bed cowering under the duvet. It'll be fine.
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote:Today I received confirmation from FIFA on tickets for a second round game in Salvador. :thumbs: I didn't get the group game in Salvador but will try again in the next sales phase.

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

I've been to three World Cups (France, Japan, and Germany) and this'll be the last in a long while - I ain't going to Russia nor Qatar - so I'm going to enjoy myself in Brazil whatever happens :thumb:

Who else is going?
Up you YeyeMan.
I got tickets for three first round games. Just found out this morning. I am going for another set of group round games tickets in the selection that began this morning. Which quontry wey I go apply for? Ghana or Brazil? Tough choice because if I apply for Brazil, they will not let me apply for Ghana, and if I apply for Ghana....I WANT TO SEE BOTH GHANA AND BRAZIL! WAAAAAAAAAH! :atc:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

tfco wrote:this ticketing process is confusing o

Bros maiguard, if you waited for months after tickets became available because you were saving pennies from your security guard job, of course no tickets will be available by the time you save up your pennies. :taunt: :D
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

ohsee wrote:

Flights - sorted.
Accommodation - sorted.

Who else is going?
Up you YeyeMan.
I got tickets for three first round games. Just found out this morning. I am going for another set of group round games tickets in the selection that began this morning. Which quontry wey I go apply for? Ghana or Brazil? Tough choice because if I apply for Brazil, they will not let me apply for Ghana, and if I apply for Ghana....I WANT TO SEE BOTH GHANA AND BRAZIL! WAAAAAAAAAH! :atc:
See Brazil. No brainer. The atmosphere will be extraordinary. I think watching most of the African teams will be pretty good though....

I got my group game tickets for Salvador so I'm set to go :D
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

tfco wrote:this ticketing process is confusing o

once the draw is made in december, normal service will resume. ppl will flock to put the tickets to matches which they do not want to watch back on the website.
unless your team ends up with brazil and a big european team.
Heliopolis
Egg
Egg

Post by Heliopolis »

I am praying some of you seasoned veterans are correct...I went on FIFA's site an hour ago to see what was up only to see tickets were already gone. Hopefully I can finally land my hands on tickets next month.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

here is what this person had to say about the ticketing queue.
Hi guys,

I just wanted to share my story.

I got 0 tickets in the first lottery; applied for TST-6 Costa Rica; 1 application with 4 people.

But I got 7 tickets total today in the FCFS. So, I'm very very happy! :D

I got the following today:
- Belo VST (4 group games + 1 Round of 16) = 5 games.
- Brasilia Round of 16 Match 53 and QF Match 60 = 2 games.
- All Cat 1 tickets. 4 tickets per game. Belo Round of 16 Game will feature Brazil if they top their group. :)

Me and 3 other friends had multiple tabs open on multiple computers. We went to the page at 2.50 am PST, and got into the virtual queue at 2.55 am. My roommate got into the queue earlier than the other 3, but I was the one who go through to the ticketing website first (I got into the queue second, some 40 seconds after my roommate). 3 out of 4 tabs went past the queue for me and I was in within 15-20 mins. My roommate who was ahead of me in the queue got into the website after me, so FIFA definitely messed up there, it was not really a FCFS queue.

But anyway, I got these 7 games after repeated attempts. My 3 other friends eventually got into the ticketing website but we were not able to get any more tickets with any of the other accounts. Some of them had to refresh their browser even though they were already in the queue to get in.

I used VISA. Sometimes the payment page gave a Server Unavailable error. I had a Rio QF game on my cart for which I badly wanted to go to, but instead of refreshing at the Server Unavailable page, I hit back and I was back to square one; I thought it was the logical thing to do, to hit back and not refresh when there is a transaction going on, but I was wrong. I actually refreshed the Server Unavailable payment page the next tie it came and got through for my Belo VST. So, if you hit back when you reached the payment server unavailable page, you have made a mistake.

The availability for the games kept on fluctuating between yellow, red and black. We 4 kept on trying for a hour and a half and ended up with 7 games. I was the lucky one, I got all the 7 games, my other friends had no luck even though they were using the same technique.

I have too many tickets now. I am hoping I can sell off the Belo VST group games individually. Let's see. Time to book flights and accommodation. Brazil, here I come! :)
femibyte
Egg
Egg
Brazil World cup tickets

Post by femibyte »

Did anyone succeed in getting tickets yet? I missed out in the 1st round lottery and it seems as if the tickets were all gone
in the 1st-come 1st-serve round within the 1st few hours - at least for Rio & Sao Paulo.
I will definitely enter the 2nd round lottery next month.
You'll Never Walk Alone... - Liverpool FC
http://www.femibyte.com
soothsayer
Egg
Egg
Re: Brazil World cup tickets

Post by soothsayer »

yeah i was shocked at how quickly they went.. I suppose people buy tickets to resell them.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

femibyte wrote:Did anyone succeed in getting tickets yet? I missed out in the 1st round lottery and it seems as if the tickets were all gone
in the 1st-come 1st-serve round within the 1st few hours - at least for Rio & Sao Paulo.
What are you talking about? I got the three Naija first round lottery tickets I applied for. God dey! Now let me see if He will help me get a couple of Ghana tickets--schedule and location permitting--and maybe one scalped Brazil ticket. He is a miracle working God! He is a miracle working God! He's the Alpha...etc. If I get to see these games, I promise to stop yabbing people on CE. :D
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

femibyte wrote:Did anyone succeed in getting tickets yet? I missed out in the 1st round lottery and it seems as if the tickets were all gone
I had to queue for ages but managed to get through. It's highly likely more tickets will become available next year....
danfo driver quotes:
-
Cellular quotes:

© The YeyeMan 2024