Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Babayaro
Egg
Egg
Re: Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Post by Babayaro »

wiseone wrote:What the Bosnians are saying:
We're going to shoot those 'Super Eagles' out of the sky and then we'll defeat King Xerxes' mighty army and advance to the second round!
Emenike is $#%. Yesterday he was worse than Dzeko.
Nigeria's main CB will be out against us. Great news since their defence is already so weak.
with their defense having this many holes, and their mid/attack being sloppy, there's no excuse for our team to not score multiple goals on Saturday.
I think the Nigerians really are scared of us.
Nigeria is shaking.
The angel Gabriel came to me in my sleep, and told me Nigeria will win on Saturday. Abide by these words.
:rotf:
Don't get mislead-ed by those kids and bigots... As you may already know, everyone has them ;)
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

mate wrote:On paper, Nigeria should win.
Mate, prijatelju, this is on "paper":

;)
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

If Nigeria play to its full strength! Then a win, is without a doubt within our reach!

Heck even against Argentina! If we play to full strength! Against Iran...we were playing at maybe 30% strength at best!

The issue for me though is that I do not think we can play to our full strength...I think at best we will play 85% or 90% strength at best. Hopefully it will be enough.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Nigerian fans do not seem to appreciate the size of the task that faces them. To me - Nigeria MUST win tomorrow. A draw would be a disastrous result and would almost certainly eliminate Nigeria. Bosnia can afford to play for a draw (knowing they face Iran last), but Nigeria cannot (facing Argentina last).

Yes Nigeria was in the last WC - where they won ZERO games. They were also in the Confed Cup and their notable "achievements" include being the only team to concede a goal to Tahiti, losing 66% of their matches, and winning 0% of their matches.

Bosnia is a team that qualified for the WC on top of their group with only one defeat in 10 games, and who scored 30 goals in those 10 games.

They are facing a Nigeria team that has not won a game at the World Cup in 16 (yes SIXTEEN) years, yet here we are walking around with Billy Big Bollox arrogance as if we are the 5 times World Cup winners and hosts!
mate wrote:Okay, here is my gut feel assessment at this stage in the WC. On paper, Nigeria should win. The Eagles have 1 point, more history, and more experience in this kind of competition with current players. Nigeria was at the last WC and the Confederations Cup.
Cheers, Mate
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ibisevic is the guy to worry about IF he comes on. Better pure finisher than Dzeko imho...but if he comes on that's because Nigeria is doing a good job.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

platinum wrote:Ibisevic is the guy to worry about IF he comes on. Better pure finisher than Dzeko imho...but if he comes on that's because Nigeria is doing a good job.
I expect they will start BOTH Dzeko and Ibisevic, unless one or the other is injured.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The Eagle wrote:
platinum wrote:Ibisevic is the guy to worry about IF he comes on. Better pure finisher than Dzeko imho...but if he comes on that's because Nigeria is doing a good job.
I expect they will start BOTH Dzeko and Ibisevic, unless one or the other is injured.
I hope they do...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Cellular wrote:
The Eagle wrote:
I hope they do...
Ditto, I pray they attack.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This game is arguably the greatest challenge of Keshi's managerial career to date. I doubt he he'll rise to the occasion but you never know... The players and the coaching staff need to raise their game significantly for this one.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

The YeyeMan wrote:This game is arguably the greatest challenge of Keshi's managerial career to date. I doubt he he'll rise to the occasion but you never know... The players and the coaching staff need to raise their game significantly for this one.

Which big game has he not risen to the challenge?

Trust you guys to come and attribute the victory to luck or that Bosnia didn't play well...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
blueangel
Egg
Egg

Post by blueangel »

The YeyeMan wrote:This game is arguably the greatest challenge of Keshi's managerial career to date. I doubt he he'll rise to the occasion but you never know... The players and the coaching staff need to raise their game significantly for this one.
Keshi & our players will definitely rise to the challenge.
We will WIN today.
Bosnia will See, Feel & Buckle under the force of African football talent today.