Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Scouting Iran and Bosnia H

Post by Tbite »

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Iran Provisional Squad

Post by wiseone »

Iran Provisional Squad
:

One thing that impressed me about them is that they beat the talented South Korea home and away in the qualifiers. Their coach Carlos Quieroz (of Manchester United fame) got some European based players who hold Iranian nationality but were raised abroad (like Dejagah of Fulham) to join the squad.

Goalkeepers: Daniel Davari (Eintracht Braunschweig/GER), Rahman Ahmadi (Sepahan Isfahan), Alireza Haqiqi (Sporting da Covilha/POR), Sosha Makani (Foolad), Ali Reza Biranvand (Naft Tehran)

Defenders: Hossein Mahini (Persepolis), Jalal Hosseini (Persepolis), Ehsan Hajsafi (Sepahan Isfahan), Amir Hossein Sadeqi (Esteghlal), Hashem Beykzadeh (Esteghlal), Khosrow Heidari (Esteghlal), Ahmad Alenemeh (Naft Tehran), Mohammad Reza Khanzadeh (Zob Ahan Isfahan), Pejman Montazeri (Umm Salal SC/QAT), Steven Beitashour (Vancouver Whitecaps FC/CAN)

Midfielders: Mehrdad Pouladi (Persepolis), Reza Haghighi (Persepolis), Andranik Teymourian (Esteghlal), Ghasem Hadadifar (Zob Ahan Isfahan), Bakhtiar Rahmani (Foolad), Javad Nekounam (Kuwait SC/KUW), Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham/ENG), Masoud Shojaei (UD Las Palmas/ESP)

Forwards: Mohammad Reza Khalatbari (Persepolis), Mehdi Sharifi (Sepahan Isfahan), Karim Ansarifard (Tractor Sazi), Reza Ghoochannejhad (Charlton Athletic/ENG), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (NEC/NED), Sardar Azmoun (FC Rubin Kazan/RUS), Reza Norouzi (Naft Tehran)

* Squad lists are only official once they have been confirmed and published by FIFA on 16 May at 12:00 CET.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

A few club teammates will be playing against each other: Onazi and Lulic (Lazio) and Osaze and Begovic (Stoke). Onazi says his Lazio teammate Lulic is Bosnia's danger man: http://newtelegraphonline.com/onazi-exp ... anger-man/
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

[/video]
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

sholaJay
Egg
Egg

Post by sholaJay »

Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Hello to everyone, genuine Bosnian here ;)
I love African football, always supported African teams on WC - since Bosnia never made it, until now of course.

Wish you guys the best, and let the better win.
Lager-back
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Lager-back »

Babayaro wrote:Hello to everyone, genuine Bosnian here ;)
I love African football, always supported African teams on WC - since Bosnia never made it, until now of course.

Wish you guys the best, and let the better win.
:shock: :shock:
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Thoughts on Bosnia's 2-1 win over Ivory Coast:

1) Bosnia are going to be tough opponents. They are not pushovers. They are tactically astute, organised, compact, and dangerous on the counter-attack. The 2-1 scoreline flattered Ivory Coast. Had Bosnia not been so wasteful in front of goal it would have been 5-1.

2) Their three key players are Pjanic, Spahic, and Dzeko. I was very impressed by their veteran center back and captain Emir Spahic. He does not have bags of pace, but boy is he determined. He comes from the John Terry mold. Very determined, firm in the tackle, and great positional sense.

3) Bosnia will look to counter-attack. They also press very high and try to force opposition defenders into mistakes by closing them down quickly (please Efe don't get caught in possession! :oops:). I do feel they are over reliant on Dzeko and Pjanic though.

4) Bosnia look like they could be unsettled by pace IF Nigeria were taking two quicksilver strikers to Brazil. Emenike and Ideye together may have tested them.

5) Nigeria are not the only African team lacking strength in depth. Ivory Coast too have serious lack of depth. Their "B Team" was seriously underwhelming. If they get injuries or suspensions to their regular starters, they will have problems (like Nigeria)..
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Scouting Iran & No this is not just based on the friendlies...but on other information I have tracked

1) Iran are all about balance, that is the philosophy that Carlos Queiroz has for Iran!
2) Nobody goes out of position! Their defense tends to sit and wait for gaps! They do not attack until they see gaps!
3) And when they see gaps, they exploit the flanks, as well as make overlapping runs. They attack as a unit
4) You will never see the Iranians looking for bodies!
5) Degajah is not not just their star player in name! He really is their most quality player in every sense of the word

6) Their goalkeepers look suspect. They have rotated Rahman Ahmadi with Daniel Davari and things are still not looking good
7) It is not clear who between Davari and Ahmadi will start against Nigeria! But I tip Rahman to start!
8) Apart from Degajah, Two key midfield players for Iran will be the experienced duo of Javad Nekounam and Andranik Teymourian
9) However generally Iran are weak in midfield and will be looking to play from the back
10) They will press a lot and will draw a lot of fouls, our players should not dwell on the ball too much.

11) This is a side that will struggle to score goals in the World Cup proper
12) Nigeria should really test that goalkeeper from distance
13) I want to see players like Osaze, Emenike, Nsofor, Moses etc who have confidence in shooting from distance taking snap shots at their keepers!
14) Watch out for Khosro Heydari who will be a thorn in the flesh on the right wing! Either as a winger or a wingback!
15) Reza Ghoochannejhad should be the man they look to for goals...but once again Queiroz might keep us guessing and Karim Ansafarid may very well get the green light

16) Karim Ansafarid may get the nod simply based on his work ethic, but Reza has a better track record for Team Melli, there is also the possibility that both start of course, in which case I expect Karim to drop deeper off Ghoochannejhad.
17) Because of the poor depth in midfield, it seems that Queiroz is pushing some of his defenders like Heydari (Right Flank) and Hajsafi (Left Flank) futher up
18) Iran will play the full 90 minutes, they are in very good shape! Which means that if Nigeria don't keep their concentration, Nigeria could easily concede a late goal!
19) It is hard to really pick out their starting 11 against Nigeria, but we should expect standout players like Hajsafi, Degajah and Ghoochannejhad to be making a strong case.
20) Like I said, Iran are disciplined zonally, but in terms of fouls, they are very undisciplined and this shows in every match they play! Nigeria will get a lot of dead ball situations! Mikel should not be taking any of them, unless he is simply feeding the ball into the box. Nsofor, Osaze, Emenike etc should be making use of these
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

During Bosnia's game against IVC a commentator referred to their match against Nigeria at the WC as "a cup final". That is what I have been saying for months.

I have said many times that the Nigeria-Bosnia game will be a do or die cup final style affair and will decide the group. The trouble in this group is that both Bosnia and Nigeria are likely to beat Iran and then lose Argentina. Therefore the whole group will hinge on the result between Bosnia and Nigeria.
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Iran Final 23

Goalkeepers:
Daniel Davari – Eintracht Braunschweig, GER
Alireza Haghighi – Sporting Covilha, POR
Rahman Ahmadi – Sepahan Esfahan

Defenders:
Hossein Mahini – Persepolis Tehran
Steven Beitashour – Vancouver Whitecaps, CAN
Pejman Montazeri – Umm Salal, QAT
Jalal Hosseini – Persepolis Tehran
Amir-Hossein Sadeghi – Esteghlal Tehran
Ahmad Alenemeh – Naft Tehran
Hashem Beikzadeh – Esteghlal Tehran
Mehrdad Pouladi – Persepolis Tehran

Midfielders:
Javad Nekounam – Kuwait SC, KUW
Andranik Teymourian – Esteghlal Tehran
Reza Haghighi – Persepolis Tehran
Ghasem Hadadifar – Zob Ahan Esfahan
Bakhtiar Rahmani – Foolad Khuzestan
Ehsan Hajsafi – Sepahan Esfahan

Strikers:
Ashkan Dejagah – Fulham FC, ENG
Masoud Shojaei – UD Las Palmas, ESP
Alireza Jahanbakhsh – NEC Nijmegen, NED
Reza Ghoochannejhad – Charlton Atheltic, ENG
Karim Ansarifard – Tractor Sazi Tabriz
Khosro Heydari – Esteghlal Tehran
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

wiseone wrote:During Bosnia's game against IVC a commentator referred to their match against Nigeria at the WC as "a cup final". That is what I have been saying for months.

I have said many times that the Nigeria-Bosnia game will be a do or die cup final style affair and will decide the group. The trouble in this group is that both Bosnia and Nigeria are likely to beat Iran and then lose Argentina. Therefore the whole group will hinge on the result between Bosnia and Nigeria.
+1
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Babayaro wrote:
wiseone wrote:During Bosnia's game against IVC a commentator referred to their match against Nigeria at the WC as "a cup final". That is what I have been saying for months.

+1
who be dis one? You be plant?
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Tbite wrote:
Babayaro wrote:

+1
Can you speak English please ?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Babayaro wrote:
Tbite wrote:
Babayaro wrote:

+1
Can you speak English please ?
Are you Bosnian?
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Yes I am.
Why is so difficult to comprehend that some Bosnian can register here and be genuinely interested in Nigerian football ?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Babayaro wrote:Yes I am.
Why is so difficult to comprehend that some Bosnian can register here and be genuinely interested in Nigerian football ?
I never said it was difficult to comprehend. I was asking.

Well.....welcome to the forum, brother/sister, and I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Nkrumah forehead.. you don come again as babayaro
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Bosnia, a population of just 4 million (less than half the population of Lagos) and they are ranked 16th in the world by FIFA!
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Tbite wrote:
Babayaro wrote:Yes I am.
I never said it was difficult to comprehend. I was asking.

Well.....welcome to the forum, brother/sister, and I hope you enjoy yourself here.
Thank you.
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Nkrumah forehead.. you don come again as babayaro
I don't get that.
I did love watching Celestine in Chelsea shirt... Also, Babayaro sounds really African to the Bosnian ear, one more reason to somehow like it ;)
Babayaro
Egg
Egg

Post by Babayaro »

And, I almost forgot, just after the Greece - Nigeria match, there is a Mexico - Bosnia friendly, if someone is interested...